Lakers 98 Warriors 107

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">but with all the depth this team has, it'll be too tough for the Warriors to match.</div>The Warriors have one of the deepest benches in the league. I believe the WARRIORS have the bench advantage, not the Lakers.

2. ~Fatality~

~Fatality~ JBB JustBBall Member

The Lakers with depth? Since when? The Warriors, they have very nice depth. But when I think of the Lakers, depth doesn't come to mind. Infact, they are not very good at all off the bench.

3. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting The Prophecy:</div><div class="quote_post">The Lakers with depth? Since when? The Warriors, they have very nice depth. But when I think of the Lakers, depth doesn't come to mind. Infact, they are not very good at all off the bench.</div>Exactly. Besides Fisher, I don't see anyone really giving them that much a lift off the bench.

4. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">The Warriors have one of the deepest benches in the league. I believe the WARRIORS have the bench advantage, not the Lakers.</div>

With Byron Russell's improvement off the bench, and Derek Fisher is finally breaking out of his slump, Kareem Rush is a great left-handed shooter and when he's hot, he can definitely light it up, and Slava is definitely a plus on our bench when he gets his opportunity for minutes. So I feel the Lakers are right there in bench comparisons.

5. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">The Warriors have one of the deepest benches in the league. I believe the WARRIORS have the bench advantage, not the Lakers.</div>

When I said depth, I meant the Laker starting five. [​IMG]

6. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">With Byron Russell's improvement off the bench, and Derek Fisher is finally breaking out of his slump, Kareem Rush is a great left-handed shooter and when he's hot, he can definitely light it up, and Slava is definitely a plus on our bench when he gets his opportunity for minutes. So I feel the Lakers are right there in bench comparisons.</div>You stated that the Lakers have the bench advantage and the Warriors couldn't match up. The Warriors CLEARLY have the better bench. I have never been impressed with Rush, Russel has stepped up as of late, but Fisher is their only real threat coming off the bench.

The Warriors have Claxon, Cheany, Murphy, and even Cardinal coming off the bench. Clearly the upper hand here.

7. ~Fatality~

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">You stated that the Lakers have the bench advantage and the Warriors couldn't match up. The Warriors CLEARLY have the better bench. I have never been impressed with Rush, Russel has stepped up as of late, but Fisher is their only real threat coming off the bench.

The Warriors have Claxon, Cheany, Murphy, and even Cardinal coming off the bench. Clearly the upper hand here.</div>

A-men.

8. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

The Warriors don't have the talent to compete tonight. Shaq had a disappointing first meeting with Dampier and you can expect him to be fired up for this one. The X-Factor will be Nick Van Exel, he usually plays his best games against the Lakers. Gary Payton will need to keep him in check and take advantage of him in the post when the Lakers are on offense.

The Warriors will have to exploit the power forward with Malone out of the game. The Warriors have a lot of hustle at that spot and could get a lot of cheap points and second chance opportunities on the Lakers.

Warriors will keep it close, but the Lakers will win in Oakland.

9. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">The Warriors don't have the talent to compete tonight.</div>I don't understand this statement. They have proved in the years past that they CAN compete with the Lakers at home and even win. By competing, do you mean winning? That would make a little more sense but I could still argue that the Warriors still have a chance in this game.

The Lakers obviously are the better team, I'm not stupid enough to argue that. But if anything, the Warriors will compete tonight.

10. Shapecity

Kobe vs. J-Rich - edge Kobe
    Shaq vs. Dampier - edge Shaq
    Payton vs. Van Exel - edge Payton
    George vs. Dunleavy - edge George

If Malone started tonight he would have the edge over Murphy, but the point is starter for starter the Lakers have an edge at each position. The talent on the Lakers is superior to Golden State, which is my justification for my statement. The Warriors heart and hustle keeps them in games, but player for player the Warriors cannot compete with LA.

11. Rudeezy

Game time is about a half hour away...anymore predictions or comments?

12. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Kobe vs. J-Rich - edge Kobe
    Shaq vs. Dampier - edge Shaq
    Payton vs. Van Exel - edge Payton
    George vs. Dunleavy - edge George

If Malone started tonight he would have the edge over Murphy, but the point is starter for starter the Lakers have an edge at each position. The talent on the Lakers is superior to Golden State, which is my justification for my statement. The Warriors heart and hustle keeps them in games, but player for player the Warriors cannot compete with LA.</div>Of coarse if you look on paper, the Lakers are superior to any team in the league, 4 HOFs will do that. Last year the Warriors didn't have the depth they have this year and not as good of an overall team as they do this year, IMO, yet they still COMPETED with LA.

Saying the Warriors do not have a chance in this one is not an accurate statement. Yes, the Lakers do have a better team and should win. But saying the Warriors can't compete is a cheap shot at a decent team.

13. Shapecity

A cheap shot, for a cheap owner, the Warriors are coming off two losses to the Magic and Heat. They gave up 119 to Orlando, and 104 to the Heat. The backcourt for Golden State was lit up in both games and I expect more of the same tonight with the duo of Kobe & Payton attacking everytime down the court.

Unless Sleepy Floyd can turn back the clock, suit up, and drop 50 points on the Lakers, they have no chance tonight.

14. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Unless Sleepy Floyd can turn back the clock, suit up, and drop 50 points on the Lakers, they have no chance tonight.</div>I've never wanted a Warriors victory so bad.[​IMG]

I might just have to wait for the Spurs to kick their asses again. :mrgreen:

15. Rudeezy

1st Quarter
    Lakers 31
    Warriors 23

The Lakers pulled away late in the first. Fisher hit a 3 at the buzzer to give the Lakers the early 8 point lead after one.

The Warriors are walking the ball up the court and are trying to play a half-court offense...no way they win like this. Payton is having his way on the break...not a good sign for the W's.

16. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Looks like Dampier is back? 8 rebounds in the first half so far.

17. Rudeezy

At The Half
    Warriors 61
    Lakers 46

The Warriors completely dominated the 2nd quater outscoring the Lakers 38-14. The Warriors began the 2nd on a 10-0 led by their bench. The Warriors have proved in the first have who has the advantage of the bench.

Dampier has held his own in the paint against Shaq. As allnet said, he's back.

Murphy is playing like he did last year, hopefully he is back as well. Claxon has been the spark off the bench. His defensive play has given the Lakers fits. He has had his way offensively against Payton as well.

The Warriors cannot get lax against a team like the Lakers...that lead could evaporate quickly.

I think you can say the Warriors have COMPETED thus far.

18. ~Fatality~

Whoa. Warriors killing tonight. Who called it? Why yes, it was I. Hehe. Warriors playing some great ball. I am impressed with Dampier a ton.

19. Rudeezy

3rd Quarter
    Warriors 80
    Lakers 68

The Lakers made a big run yet they only trim 3 points off their half-time lead. Dampier missed most of the 3rd due to his 3 fouls, expect him to play the rest of the way.

The Warriors are playing well, they need to keep up the intensity and must continue to push the ball up the court. The Warriors are in great shape.

Should be a great 4th quarter!

20. ~Fatality~

Yeah, this should be a good one. Close down the stretch...