Lakers And Heat Meet on Christmas for 3rd straight year

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by Ming637, Jul 23, 2006.

1. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    Payton's mouth.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting phunDamentalz:</div><div class="quote_post">what heat between odom and payton?</div>

Payton started cussing at Odom last year when the Lakers played in Miami(after the game). Payton doesn't really want Odom though, that wouldn't be smart.

2. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

What a pointless match. The 'beef' isnt really there anymore between Shaq and Kobe, and the Cavs would be a much better opponent. Anyone remember last years game on ESPN on that saturday afternoon? Arguably one of the best games of the year as both LeBron and Wade filled it up.

3. NBA MAN

NBA MAN JBB JustBBall Member

Kobe usually outscores everyone. Its just if his team wins. He'll win th 1 on 1 battle with Wade but maybe not the game.

4. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting phunDamentalz:</div><div class="quote_post">what heat between odom and payton?</div>

They had some heated words for each other during the regular season if I remember correctly.

5. Flashback

Flashback JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trench:</div><div class="quote_post">They had some heated words for each other during the regular season if I remember correctly.</div>

Yeah, it was sad, Payton's trash talking worked to perfection, Odom wasn't playing his game. Then again, it was before he started playing more consistent, so we'll have to see if it works again.

6. huevonkiller

Student.
    Odom.

Well I hope Odom is able to overcome the death of his infant. If he plays normal against the Heat, Radman, and the other players who now have an extra year under the hardest offense to learn (triangle), have another shot at beating those aging wonders.

7. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

If they`re trying get the used to be Kobe-Shaq rival going back up again, its just so lame and old now.

But still on X-Mas, its great to see Wade, Shaq and Kobe all go at it.

8. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Alright 3 straight years on X-Mas, series tied 1-1 the rubber match is exactly what was needed. It also gives every Laker and Heat fan an excuse not to help clean or setup for X-Mas dinner. I love the NBA!</div>

Rubber match? I believe it's: Miami 2, LA 0

9. Legacy

Legacy Beast

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Franchise4Ever:</div><div class="quote_post">Thats always interesting. Melo vs. Bron.[​IMG]</div>

Melo is no competion for King James anymore, now it's Dywane Wade.

10. lakerskb24

lakerskb24 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting hoops4life:</div><div class="quote_post">i'm happy this is on christmas. im a HUGE shaq fan and i still cant forgive kobe. i love watching this on christmas. it'll be a great present for me to watch shaq and d-wade beat kobe. altho d-wade vs. lebron would be awesome also (the difference is i'm a big lebron fan)</div>

Forgive Kobe for what?[​IMG]

11. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting LAKERSKB8:</div><div class="quote_post">Forgive Kobe for what?[​IMG]</div>

Lol, agreed.

12. jbbhoops4life

jbbhoops4life JBB future coach

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting LAKERSKB8:</div><div class="quote_post">Forgive Kobe for what?[​IMG]</div>

for being in a fight with shaq (and the whole rape thing...)

13. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting hoops4life:</div><div class="quote_post">for being in a fight with shaq (and the whole rape thing...)</div>

Rape? Jesus how do you know he raped anyone? Lol edit your post now guy, what a joke. You know God is against Kobe or something? What bull.

I don't forgive Shaq for wanting 33 million dollars a year and getting jealous of Kobe for getting a new contract so quickly (and acting belligerently towards the front office in practice, etc.). I don't forgive him for waiting to get surgery on his toe until the season started, or for being out of shape. They're both not saints but to call one a rapist just because you don't like him is sad.

14. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

The Kobe/Shaq thing is played out I want to see the Wade vs. LeBron rivalry take center stage now. They don't hate each other either their actually very good friends off the court believe it or not.

15. jbbhoops4life

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting huevonkiller:</div><div class="quote_post">Rape? Jesus how do you know he raped anyone? Lol edit your post now guy, what a joke. You know God is against Kobe or something? What bull.

I don't forgive Shaq for wanting 33 million dollars a year and getting jealous of Kobe for getting a new contract so quickly (and acting belligerently towards the front office in practice, etc.). I don't forgive him for waiting to get surgery on his toe until the season started, or for being out of shape. They're both not saints but to call one a rapist just because you don't like him is sad.</div>

well, the part where he was arrested for rape kinda made think that he is a rapist, sorry if thats just me though. plus, i would never say that about sumbody just because i dont like them. i NEVER said ANYTHING about god being against kobe, what are you talking about? And good for you if you don't like shaq, i could care less. you made that WAY to big of a deal. I dont like kobe, get over it. im not saying hes a bad player, hes the exact opposite. i wouldnt even be surprised if he got mvp last year, hell, i think he deserved it the most.

16. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting hoops4life:</div><div class="quote_post">well, the part where he was arrested for rape kinda made think that he is a rapist, sorry if thats just me though. plus, i would never say that about sumbody just because i dont like them. i NEVER said ANYTHING about god being against kobe, what are you talking about? And good for you if you don't like shaq, i could care less. you made that WAY to big of a deal. I dont like kobe, get over it. im not saying hes a bad player, hes the exact opposite. i wouldnt even be surprised if he got mvp last year, hell, i think he deserved it the most.</div>

I don't have a problem with most of the garbage you said, you're also making a big deal out of a lot of crap, follow your own advice. The comment about God was a hyperbole, get over that yourself guy. You make it seem like Shaq didn't cause his own trouble. You can say he's selfish or whatever, but calling him a rapist is different, IMO. Didn't the girl brag about being with him at a party and then opt out of the trial? Do you know what happened to Kwame Brown and his case? Ok then D.A. . You just like taking cheap shots, and then you tell people how much you respect him. Yeah right, whatever.

17. jbbhoops4life

okay, my bad about the god thing, never even heard of a hyperbole. i never said he was a rapist. i said "the whole rape thing" as in the scandal, never said he did it nor that he didnt. anyway, i did overreact (sp?), okay. SORRY. Still i dont like kobe, but i do have respect for him, i have respect for EVERY player in the league (with the exception of maybe ron artest, he went WAY overboard). if you dont like shaq, once again, i could care less.

18. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting hoops4life:</div><div class="quote_post">okay, my bad about the god thing, never even heard of a hyperbole. i never said he was a rapist. i said "the whole rape thing" as in the scandal, never said he did it nor that he didnt. anyway, i did overreact (sp?), okay. SORRY. Still i dont like kobe, but i do have respect for him, i have respect for EVERY player in the league (with the exception of maybe ron artest, he went WAY overboard). if you dont like shaq, once again, i could care less.</div>

Ok I can handle that, good response. [​IMG]

19. jbbhoops4life

so we're cool?

20. huevonkiller

Student.