Lakers vs. LeBrons

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by Shapecity, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Kicked to the Curb

No All-Star for you!!

[​IMG]

2. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    Kobe's a pimp.

3. huevonkiller

Student.

Source: Associated Press

4. AhLian

AhLian (L) China

"Me get calls?"

LeBron came out of high school, right?

5. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

LeBron did come straight out of HS to the NBA.

What a huge game by Lamar. He's been great since Bynum went down, so has Pau.

And I think the name of this thread needs to be retitled to Lakers vs. LeBricks. Gotta love LeBricks 5/20 for the day, making him 14/45 against us on the season.

6. AhLian

AhLian (L) China

An elementary school student should know that "I" would be used in that situation.

7. illmatic

illmatic JBB JustBBall Member

Lamar odom is a god.

8. Shapecity

Kobe23 here you go...

[video=youtube;Yly1DBYu1vk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yly1DBYu1vk[/video]

9. illmatic

Hey Shape, are you one of those hardcore Laker fans that hates LeBron because they feel it's necessary in order to pay homage to Kobe Bryant?

I always wanted your thoughts on LeBron. I, for one, am a fan and I think he's the most athletic player the game has ever seen. I also think that his athleticism overshadows the other aspects of his game.

I thinK Laker fans hate LeBron because they feel threatened that someone can come close to Kobe, ALTHOUGH I would never ever compare the two because they are two totally different players.

I get KILLED on LG for backing up LeBron, so wanted some thoughts on here. My feeling is, just cause the media over does it with him, why hold it against LeBron?

Kobe is my favorite player of all time, and that won't ever change, but I still like LeBron too, and no, I don't rock "I'm A Witness" shirts either :lol:

10. Shapecity

I'm a fan of LeBron, just not when he plays against the Lakers. I don't mind the comparisons with Kobe, and every year LeBron is closing the gap. This year he's finally playing with an edge and seems focused on being the best player in the league instead of being hailed by the media as the best in the league.

What's going to be scary is when LeBron develops a back to the basket game. Right now he's primarily a face up player relying on his physical gifts. I like that he's making an effort on defense this year and is stepping up to defend the opposing star late in games.

I'm actually hoping LeBron ends up in LA in 2010.

11. huevonkiller

Student.
    Prophetic how Kobe shoots a high arcing fade away at the end of that vid, just like today against Bron in the fourth quarter.

12. illmatic

Yup, that's why I got nothin' but love for ya... You tell it how it is. Same goes for the other fam on here.

When LeBron develops a solid post up game, GG NBA

13. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

My beef with LeBron is his inability to nail a jumper, his inability in the clutch, and how the media has forced him down our throats. I can't stand it.

The guy is great, going to be the best in the NBA one day, but not now.

14. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

Yeah I don't hate Lebron either. I don't think I've said anything bad about him. Early on in the season when Kobe was struggling, I had no problem giving Lebron the title of "Best Player in the NBA." As of now, I'm not so sure, they're pretty much equal IMO, although I'd still take Kobe. I have no problem with Lebron, I think he's a great player and I like watching him play and travel (unless it's against the Lakers). It's not his fault ESPN rides his jock, but I think that's what pisses me off the most, when the media tries to shove him down my throat. I don't really care for that.

15. illmatic

Well, he's been working on his jumper, and it's definitely becoming more respect than what it WAS, he still has ways to go.

LeBron is pretty damn clutch if you ask me. I love how he finds his way to the basket in the clutch and doesn't always settle for the fade-away J like Kobe has relied heavily on.

Media forcing down him throats is true, but has nothing to do with LeBron as he has no control over it (I won't lie, I do enjoy some of his commercials) So we can't really use the media bias against him you know.

16. huevonkiller

Student.
    I have no problem giving people credit for their hard work, LeBron is just someone I won't root for simply because he is one of our rivals and represents something I don't like about the media. I don't have anything against him as a person.

17. Mamba

I'll take Kobe's D over Bron's. Bron may get more steals and blocks, but I still think Kobe is the better lock down defender.

I'll take Kobe in the clutch over LeBron, still.

Kobe's perimeter game over LeBron's.

Kobe's leadership.

Kobe's experience.

Kobe's back to the basket game.

LeBron is great, most of it is based on his athleticism, passing vision, and size. If he can develop a good and consistent jumper, then he'll be absolutely deadly.

I think with Kobe relying on jumpers more in the crunch now is a lot of the times it is an easy money jumper for Kobe, but sometimes he takes terrible ones (Boston game). He still has the ability to rise up above his man and drain the J better than anybody in the league. He gets so high on his elevation.

18. Shapecity

It's a tough comparison because LeBron is a freak of nature. Kobe's experience and dedication to the game makes him the better player, but if LeBron continues to develop he should overtake Kobe at some point. LeBron has physical tools Kobe's never going to have, 6'8 250lbs with athleticism, and ball handling skills. The NBA has never had a player with his skillset. A young Magic revolutionized the game, but he never had the athleticism and strength LeBron had at the same age.

19. Mamba

LeBron did HGH. ; ]

20. huevonkiller

Student.
    Interesting enough, his jumper has actually stayed pretty much the same since 04-05. Don't know how much he will improve that, I've heard Rick Barry just a few days ago on NBATV criticize his form because of how his elbows stick out.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009