Lakers vs. Spurs

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by bbwtrench, May 16, 2008.

1. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Lets get it on!!!

2. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

should be good.

3. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I'm pumped already. I'm happy as hell we closed out the semis tonight. That extra couple days off is going to help us out big time, especially Kobe. Beyond that, whoever we play, be it NO or SA, will be on a whopping 2 days rest while we'll have 4.

4. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    Now Kobe's back will definitely be normal.

What a warrior, that's how you play through the pain.

5. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

Let's all pray this series (Hornets vs Spurs) goes to 7, more rest for us!

Also, Trevor Ariza will most likely be back in action, which is something else to look forward to

6. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brian @ May 17 2008, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Let's all pray this series (Hornets vs Spurs) goes to 7, more rest for us!

Also, Trevor Ariza will most likely be back in action, which is something else to look forward to</div>
    its already at seven, lawl, but i guess that means your praying worked

7. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brian @ May 17 2008, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Let's all pray this series (Hornets vs Spurs) goes to 7, more rest for us!

Also, Trevor Ariza will most likely be back in action, which is something else to look forward to</div>

Series is already at game seven. It's on Monday night with the Western Conference Finals starting on Wednesday.

8. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

both should be entertaining series. Although I want to see the Hornets beat the Spurs, I'll have to admit that the spurs will be a tougher matchup for L.A. primarily, because of Ducan. I still don't want to watch the boring ass spurs so..............go hornets!!!!

9. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

The Lakers will have homecourt advantage which is a huge edge for us against either team. The Lakers also get 5 days off to rest the veterans and game plan for both teams. Kobe and PJax both said they already know what the Spurs are going to do because that team has been together for a long time and the core is the same. I think they would prefer the challenge of knocking out the defending champs from the post game interviews.

PJax completely out coached Byron Scott in the Finals when Byron was in NJ. It's going to be up the players to execute the game plan to advance to the Finals.

I think the Lakers learned a lot about themselves in the Utah series. They didn't get down on themselves when Utah made 5 consecutive 3 point shots and had a chance to send the game into OT. Watching all those 3's reminded me of the Phoenix series a few years ago when we completely fell apart mentally and lost that series.

Kobe's patience in tight games has been amazing the last two games. He adjusted after that 32 FGA disaster in Game 4 and kept feeding Sasha in Game 5 even though Sasha shot only 1-11 that night. Trusting Sasha despite his misses paid off last night with Sasha hitting going off from behind the arc and manning up to take a charge against Paul Millsap. Sasha got destroyed on the play, but it killed some of Utah's momentum.

Getting Ariza back will be an added bonus against either team. PJax can use him for 6 to 8 minute stretches to defend Ginobili or Parker on the perimeter, or to get in the face of Peja or Paul if the Hornets advance. The Lakers will be able to use their sideline traps more with the length and athleticism on the court when they put this lineup on the floor Sasha-Kobe-Ariza-Odom-Gasol.

10. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

I'd rather play SA. It seems we match better against them.

11. The Dream

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Sasha in Game 5 even though Sasha shot only 1-11 that night</div>

that boy Sasha has got confidence out of this world, lol. Sometimes he shoots too much, but it's good to see that dude never loses faith in himself.........

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I'd rather play SA. It seems we match better against them.</div>

without Bynum I'd have to disagree. Duncan won't let Pau hold him in check (like boozer did).....

12. Shapecity

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (notmuchgame @ May 17 2008, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'd rather play SA. It seems we match better against them.</div>

In the regular season we matched up great with Bynum in the post, but I don't like the lack of depth we have at PF to defend Duncan. I don't think we can count on Gasol being able to contain him every game, Turiaf is too short, and Odom doesn't have the leg strength to defend Duncan in the post.

The Hornets don't really have a post presence and they don't rotate well on defense. I think we'd shred them when we run our offense by attacking Peja everytime down the court.

I'm not sure we played the Spurs when they were at full strength either. I'm also concerned Bowen or Cheap Shot Bob would go after Kobe's back at some point in the series.

13. The Dream

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>In the regular season we matched up great with Bynum in the post, but I don't like the lack of depth we have at PF to defend Duncan. I don't think we can count on Gasol being able to contain him every game, Turiaf is too short, and Odom doesn't have the leg strength to defend Duncan in the post.

The Hornets don't really have a post presence and they don't rotate well on defense. I think we'd shred them when we run our offense by attacking Peja everytime down the court.

I'm not sure we played the Spurs when they were at full strength either. I'm also concerned Bowen or Cheap Shot Bob would go after Kobe's back at some point in the series.</div>

I agree with everything here............

14. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shapecity @ May 17 2008, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (notmuchgame @ May 17 2008, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'd rather play SA. It seems we match better against them.</div>

In the regular season we matched up great with Bynum in the post, but I don't like the lack of depth we have at PF to defend Duncan. I don't think we can count on Gasol being able to contain him every game, Turiaf is too short, and Odom doesn't have the leg strength to defend Duncan in the post.

I'm not sure we played the Spurs when they were at full strength either. I'm also concerned Bowen or Cheap Shot Bob would go after Kobe's back at some point in the series.
    </div>

Pau's lenght gave Duncan issues in their last matchup at the end of the season. I think Duncan finished 6-19 or something along those lines. In 3 games against the Lakers, he shot 37% from the field. Now, I dont think he would do that poorly given that higher stakes, but obviously the Lakers are doing something right against him.

I suppose if anything, the last two matchups against NO makes me uneasy. Getting blown out by 20 (granted w/o Pau less 3 minutes), and then giving up a 30 point lead when Chandler was back from foul trouble. NO's speed scares the hell out of me.

15. Shapecity

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (notmuchgame @ May 17 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shapecity @ May 17 2008, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (notmuchgame @ May 17 2008, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'd rather play SA. It seems we match better against them.</div>

</div>

Pau's lenght gave Duncan issues in their last matchup at the end of the season. I think Duncan finished 6-19 or something along those lines. In 3 games against the Lakers, he shot 37% from the field. Now, I dont think he would do that poorly given that higher stakes, but obviously the Lakers are doing something right against him.

I suppose if anything, the last two matchups against NO makes me uneasy. Getting blown out by 20 (granted w/o Pau less 3 minutes), and then giving up a 30 point lead when Chandler was back from foul trouble. NO's speed scares the hell out of me.
    </div>

Their speed is scary, but the Lakers have the ballhandlers on the court to dictate tempo and slow the Hornets offense down. The Spurs have been able to contain the Hornets in San Antonio and we have the talent to do the same.

I think a Hornets-Lakers series would be more exciting to watch as a fan, but I think the Lakers are too, good for either team to deal with, especially since we have homecourt advantage.

16. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

I actually think that the Lakers better match up with the Hornets. The main thing is that the Spurs probably have the 2nd best coach in the league and will adjust to find ways to disrupt the Lakers.

The Hornets are a 1 man show, and I think Phil Jackson will find a way to mess up the other Hornets while letting Chris Paul get his numbers.

Whereas the Spurs have Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan. The main thing is aging, Brent Barry, Finley, Duncan, Horry, Bowen all don't have the same vitality and bounce they had 5 years ago.

17. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Bring me the Hornets. I'm confident that we take them in 5.

The Spurs, either 6 or 7.

18. Brand New

Brand New so wavy

I'll take the Hornets, Spurs could beat us while I would be surprise to see that the Hornets would beat us.

19. illmatic

illmatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shapecity @ May 17 2008, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (notmuchgame @ May 17 2008, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'd rather play SA. It seems we match better against them.</div>

</div>

lmao @ Cheap Shot Bob....that's freakin' hilarious.

20. Brand New

Brand New so wavy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (illmatic @ May 17 2008, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shapecity @ May 17 2008, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (notmuchgame @ May 17 2008, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'd rather play SA. It seems we match better against them.</div>

</div>

lmao @ Cheap Shot Bob....that's freakin' hilarious.
    </div>
    Jim Rome or Hartman came up with that name, just forgot who...I think Rome did.