Lakers vs. Spurs

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by bbwtrench, May 16, 2008.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I didn't realize Timmy D had a triple double.

2. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jumpman @ May 29 2008, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It was just something about this game, that I knew all along that the Lakers were going to catch up and win it. I wouldn't be able to say that about the Lakers at the beginning of the season.</div>

I had the exact same feeling.

Man, I think they just beat that Vegas spread with the cheap Sasha shot at the end too.

3. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Vintage Kobe to close out the game. I can't believe we're actually in the Finals.

4. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ May 29 2008, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jumpman @ May 29 2008, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It was just something about this game, that I knew all along that the Lakers were going to catch up and win it. I wouldn't be able to say that about the Lakers at the beginning of the season.</div>

I had the exact same feeling.

Man, I think they just beat that Vegas spread with the cheap Sasha shot at the end too.
    </div>
    that's awesome, sasha screwed everyone who bet against the Lakers , hahahaha.

5. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Black Mamba @ May 30 2008, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I didn't realize Timmy D had a triple double.</div>

Yeah, I just noticed that, too. Pretty crazy.

Pau Gasol's 19 rebounds is pretty damn amazing, too. 9 offensive rebounds, wow.

6. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

I didn't even notice Pau had so many rebounds. But now that I think of it, he did come up with a lot of big boards. Props to him in that department, but he needs to add some muscle this offseason. He was getting abused all game by Duncan

7. Mamba

Dude...I didn't realize Gasol had 19 boards. I didn't even know he knew how to rebound...

8. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Black Mamba @ May 30 2008, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Dude...I didn't realize Gasol had 19 boards. I didn't even know he knew how to rebound...</div>
    We'll trade you Stro, 2 firsts, and Marcus Williams for him. [​IMG]

9. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

Gasol also had 4 blocks, and 5 assists. He also held Duncan to 7-19 shooting (37%). Quiet game for Gasol, but I guess he actually wasn't so bad, if you ignore the offense

10. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

Paraphrasing Phil Jackson, Gasol is a weenie when taking shots. (He doesn't take it hard, he is uber soft)

11. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I thought Jordan Farmar was the spark to get us back in the game. He went nuts in the 2nd quarter to lead the comeback and made some amazing layups in traffic. The reverse layup and the alley oop he got from Luke were spectacular. I'm glad he's rebounded after the embarrassment he was in the Utah series.

Gasol put a dagger in the Spurs on the put back dunk he had near the end of the game. The Spurs never recovered from it and he made it a 3 possession game without enough time for the Spurs to catch up.

12. Mamba

Farmar was huge, but I don't think he was the spark. When Pop took the timeout after Farmar went on the 6-0 run, we fell back down again. We didn't close it until what? 2:40 left in the 2nd quarter?

I do agree, though. Nice to see Farmar have a decent series (he sucked on the road).

13. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

missed the game but congrats to the Laker. Finals should be fun to watch