Lakers vs Suns

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by iFR3SHi, Apr 8, 2007.

1. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

Raja and Kobe joking around with each other? I hear it has happened before but I never thought I'd see the day... [​IMG]

2. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASUFan22 @ Apr 8 2007, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Raja and Kobe joking around with each other? I hear it has happened before but I never thought I'd see the day... [​IMG]</div>Word. It's nice to see though. Glad to see they put the past behind them.

3. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

That was one sick dunk by Bryant. This game isn't over yet, they are just gonna need to get some more stops. Got a minutes 34 left. Come on L.A

4. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LakersFan247 @ Apr 8 2007, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Just look at the freethrow differential. The Suns have had 14 freethrows so far while the Lakers have had only 3. Bynum gets his arm tugged from Amare and no call leading to a block shot for Amare. Barbosa dives to the ground without getting touched but they give a foul to Turiaf. Even Marc Jackson said Barbosa should become an actor after that one.</div>At one point the Suns had 10 free throws and the Lakers had 0I can't watch NBA games anymore..they don't allow any contact and it ruins the entire game

5. Trail_Blazer

Trail_Blazer BBW Member

Suns owned LA in the 4th

6. 7Goat

7Goat BBW Hip-Hop Head

If the Lakers end up winning I will be extremely happen. Won't happen at this point though. 9 points in 40 seconds...

7. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trail_Blazer @ Apr 8 2007, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Suns owned LA in the 4th</div>Still mad about Kobe owning the Blazers in the 4th? Anyway, it was a good game, Suns got the majority of the calls but down the stretch it was even and the Lakers got back into it in the 3rd. Lakers had their chance in the 4th but the Suns executed well and made their threes. Solid performance from Smush and Ronny but it wasn't enough tonight.

8. ChuckTheD

ChuckTheD BBW Elite Member

That 4 point turn around at the start of the 4th killed the Lakers. They would have had the lead with a lot of momentum but end up going down 3 and the Suns never looked back. Kwame would have helped a lot, I'm confident after watching the last couple Lakers-Suns games that LA can beat Phoenix in a 7 game series.

9. ASUFan22

Good road win. Raja Bell has been really good lately - the Hornets game. It would be nice to see this carried on to the playoffs. 6-6 from behind the arc. Nash with his usual nice game, 25-5-11 and a steal. 5 more games until the playoffs!

10. ASUFan22

Oh and my favorite play was during the 3-1 fast break when Raja just took the ball away from Kobe. That was really unexpected and it really helped us out.

11. ChuckTheD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASUFan22 @ Apr 8 2007, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Oh and my favorite play was during the 3-1 fast break when Raja just took the ball away from Kobe. That was really unexpected and it really helped us out.</div>As I said that was the play of the game. The Lakers never really recovered from that play.

12. ASUFan22

Oh I missed that comment. That was a nice steal though.

13. ChuckTheD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASUFan22 @ Apr 8 2007, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Oh I missed that comment. That was a nice steal though.</div>Yeah, that's the most blatant 4 point turnaround I've ever seen. An almost guaranteed 2 points for one team on a 3-1 break turns into an easy dunk for another team in the span of 3 or 4 seconds.

14. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Watching the game I felt that the Suns dominated the pace of the game which hurt Los Angeles tremendousely. The Suns had a usual pheonix sun game with great shooting, running the floor, and spreading the ball around with Nash. I was impressed by Smush coming out and showing what he was worth to Phil Jackson rather than just sitting on the bench being bitter. Was a very entertaining game until the last couple of minutes when Pheonix pulled ahead.

15. Trail_Blazer

Trail_Blazer BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LakersFan247 @ Apr 8 2007, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Still mad about Kobe owning the Blazers in the 4th?</div>No, where'd you see that at? I don't remember ever being 'mad' about that at all. Actually I thought what Kobe did against them was f*cking phenomenal.Nice try though, smartass.Your Lakers team SUCKS ASS without KB24, he's the ONLY good thing about that team other than Phil Jackson. You take Bryant away, and you've got a team struggling to REACH .500 ball, even with Jackson coaching. LA won't get beyond the 2nd round at best this year. I love Bryant, but the Lakers can go to hell.

16. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pinoy Balla @ Apr 8 2007, 06:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div align="center">[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]April 8, 2007 - 3:30 pm ET<span style="color:#FF0000">Game on ABC</span></div><span style="color:#6600CC">Phoenix Suns</span> <span style="color:#FF6600">(57-19)</span>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]<span style="color:#FF6600">PG</span> <span style="color:#6600CC">Steve Nash</span> <span style="color:#FF6600">SG</span> <span style="color:#6600CC">Raja Bell</span> <span style="color:#FF6600">SF</span> <span style="color:#6600CC">Shawn Marion</span> <span style="color:#FF6600">PF</span> <span style="color:#6600CC">Kurt Thomas</span> <span style="color:#FF6600">C</span> <span style="color:#6600CC">Amare Stoudemire</span> <span style="color:#FF6600">Key Bench Players:</span> <span style="color:#6600CC">Leandro Barbosa, Boris Diaw, James Jones</span> <span style="color:#FFA500">Los Angeles Lakers</span> <span style="color:#4B0082">(40-36)</span>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]<span style="color:#4B0082">PG</span> <span style="color:#FFA500">Smush Parker</span> <span style="color:#4B0082">SG</span> <span style="color:#FFA500">Kobe Bryant</span> <span style="color:#4B0082">SF</span><span style="color:#FFA500">Luke Walton</span> <span style="color:#4B0082">PF</span><span style="color:#FFA500">Lamar Odom</span> <span style="color:#4B0082">C</span><span style="color:#FFA500">Kwame Brown</span> <span style="color:#4B0082">Key Bench Players:</span><span style="color:#FFA500">Maurice Evans, Jordan Farmar, Andrew Bynum, Brian Cook</span> Injuries:<span style="color:#4B0082">LAL</span><span style="color:#FFA500">Chris Mihm(OUT)</span> <span style="color:#4B0082">LAL</span><span style="color:#FFA500">Vladimir Radmonovic(OUT)</span><span style="color:#4B0082">LAL</span><span style="color:#FFA500">Kwame Brown(WILL PLAY)</span>Who To Watch Out For[​IMG]<span style="color:#6600CC">Steve Nash</span><span style="color:#FF6600">Season Stats: 18.8 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 11.5 apg</span>[​IMG]<span style="color:#6600CC">Amare Stoudemire</span><span style="color:#FF6600">Season Stats: 20.5 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 1.3 bpg</span>[​IMG]<span style="color:#6600CC">Shawn Marion</span><span style="color:#FF6600">Season Stats: 17.5 ppg, 10.0 rpg, 1.7 apg, 2.0 spg, 1.6 bpg</span>[​IMG]<span style="color:#6600CC">Leandro Barbosa</span><span style="color:#FF6600">Season Stats: 18 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 4.1 apg</span>[​IMG]<span style="color:#4B0082">Season Stats:</span><span style="color:#FFA500"> 31.3ppg, 5.6rpg, 5.4apg </span>[​IMG]<span style="color:#4B0082">Season Stats:</span><span style="color:#FFA500"> 16.2ppg, 9.8rpg, 5 apg </span><span style="color:#4B0082">Los Angeles Lakers X-Factor</span><span style="color:#FFA500">Kwame Brown(WILL PLAY)</span>[​IMG]<span style="color:#4B0082">Season Stats:</span><span style="color:#FFA500"> 8.3, 6.1rpg, 1.2bpg </span>Even though he is injured doesn't mean he can't be affective. He needs to stop Amare from dominating the paint. He is great low post defender and rebounder.<span style="color:#6600CC">Phoenix's X-Factor</span>[​IMG]<span style="color:#6600CC">Raja Bell</span><span style="color:#FF6600">Season Stats: 14.5 ppg, 2.5 apg</span><span style="color:#6600CC">He knows how to contain Kobe and will get into his head with his dirty defensive style. He needs to hit big 3 pointers to close out the Lakers.</span><div align="center">Key Matchup[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]<span style="color:#6600CC">Steve Nash</span> <span style="color:#000000">vs.</span> <span style="color:#FFA500">Kobe Bryant</span></div> Both are the best players for the position and MVP talk players. Nash leads his team and gives his teammates good looks for a win and Kobe hits clutch buckets, scores everywhere, and finds his teammates. Both will be intresting to watch.Extra Thoughts/NotesI think this will be a fun game to watch. The boos from the LA fans to Sun players especially like Nash and Raja. Fast pace game and I expect a big game from Kobe. PredictionI say sadly Phoenix wins. LA will put up great fight but with Kwame not playing 100% Amare will kill us.I think it comes down to the stretch like the last game.</div>Hey Pinoy, that's a nice game preview layout. Where'd you get those ideas from? [​IMG]

17. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trail_Blazer @ Apr 8 2007, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No, where'd you see that at? I don't remember ever being 'mad' about that at all. Actually I thought what Kobe did against them was f*cking phenomenal.Nice try though, smartass.Your Lakers team SUCKS ASS without KB24, he's the ONLY good thing about that team other than Phil Jackson. You take Bryant away, and you've got a team struggling to REACH .500 ball, even with Jackson coaching. LA won't get beyond the 2nd round at best this year. I love Bryant, but the Lakers can go to hell.</div>Holy sh*t Quasimodo, way to take sh*t too seriously. You said the Suns owned the Lakers in the 4th and I was joking with you back and said Kobe owned the Blazers in the 4th last time the teams met. What the F*ck is your problem, you obviously care enough to attack the Lakers and call me a smartass. Everything you said is true btw, and yeah, we have Kobe and the Blazers don't have anyone. You talk about without Kobe this...without Phil Jackson that...but the fact that we do have them and the Blazers are in the sh*t hole pretty much sums up reality. So get back to it.

18. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChuckTheD @ Apr 8 2007, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ronny's been playing well but Bynum has been given consistent minutes for months now and all he uses them for is getting fouls. He hasn't been playing well at all lately. And that lineup would suck because Walton has to start.</div>Bynum should be starting for sure instead for freakin Kwame Brown. LOLAnd as for Ronny why not why is Walton so special I see nothing special in him.

19. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 9 2007, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Bynum should be starting for sure instead for freakin Kwame Brown. LOLAnd as for Ronny why not why is Walton so special I see nothing special in him.</div>You obviously haven't watched the Lakers this season enough for you to understand what you are saying. You laugh at Kwame Brown, yet he is one of the best post defenders in the league, also the guy has improved since his days in Washington. Besides his injuries that have led him to miss around 30 games this season, the guy is a contributor and will bang inside with the best of them. When Bynum becomes consistant and plays like he did to start the season every game then he will have all my confidence. Why is Walton so special? lol Luke is what keeps this team together. If you remember, when Luke and Lamar came back the Lakers starting playing better. Luke is a huge part of this team. If Ronny can play like he did yesterday against Phoenix every night then he should definitely start but for now he is a great spark off the bench.

20. Trail_Blazer

Trail_Blazer BBW Member

But the Blazers aren't my favourite team... And for you to say the Blazers "have nobody" is incorrect. They've got Zach Randolph, who's extremely under-rated, and they've got ROY for ROY if ya know what I mean ;)Regardless, I've never really liked the Lakers since about 1993 or so... I did like the older 80's teams, with Magic and Kareem though. I just think they're not worth a sh*t now, they were good when they won their 3 championships a few years back... But now Kobe's not winning a ring on his own. MJ didn't do it, and Kobe can't do it. Being the best player on the planet is not enough to win a Championship in a team sport on your own. Unless the Lakers add another key piece to the puzzle, or unless Kobe jumps teams when his contract is up (which I'm not sure when it is to be honest, do you know?) it's just not happening.