Lakers vs Suns

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by iFR3SHi, Apr 8, 2007.

1. ChuckTheD

ChuckTheD BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 9 2007, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Bynum should be starting for sure instead for freakin Kwame Brown. LOLAnd as for Ronny why not why is Walton so special I see nothing special in him.</div>Bynum and Ronny both pick up a lot of fouls very early. They're also a lot younger and have less seniority than those guys. Kwame also has somewhat of a confidence problem, so benching him wouldn't be a good idea. Other than those reasons, Kwame and Luke are just overall better players than Bynum and Ronny. Ronny and Bynum are better when they're coming off the bench anyways.

2. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trail_Blazer @ Apr 9 2007, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>But the Blazers aren't my favourite team...</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Favorite Team: Phx/Portland/Bos</div>Hmm...

3. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trail_Blazer @ Apr 9 2007, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Regardless, I've never really liked the Lakers since about 1993 or so... I did like the older 80's teams, with Magic and Kareem though. I just think they're not worth a sh*t now, they were good when they won their 3 championships a few years back... But now Kobe's not winning a ring on his own. MJ didn't do it, and Kobe can't do it. Being the best player on the planet is not enough to win a Championship in a team sport on your own. Unless the Lakers add another key piece to the puzzle, or unless Kobe jumps teams when his contract is up (which I'm not sure when it is to be honest, do you know?) it's just not happening.</div>Your making it sound like Kobe is 40 years old and his career is coming to an end. Kobe is currently in his prime and should continue to peak through the next 4-5 years. There is plenty of time for the Lakers to re-create a championship franchise. Los Angeles was making a reach for Jason Kidd at the trade deadline, remember? Bringing in a true PG to this franchise and moving Smush to the bench is inevitable if they want to be succesful and near the deadline the Lakers proved that they do want to improve.Also, about you saying Portland isn't your favorite team. Why is your name Trail Blazer if they aren't?

4. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

Oh my...this is just funny...the expressions on Smush, Marion and the fan's faces too..[​IMG][​IMG]

5. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASUFan22 @ Apr 9 2007, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>[​IMG]</div> :shok:

6. Trail_Blazer

Trail_Blazer BBW Member

Nitro, which team is listed first in my favourite teams? I like the Suns the best... ;)And Lakerfan, I'm sorry you read it wrong or it came off like Kobe was old... He's not, I just don't believe he can get it done with the current team... But you're right, the Lakers have time to build a more competent contender for the future, that's true!I named myself "Trail Blazer" because it's a name I've gone by for a coupla years now... And besides, there's not a lotta support for the Blazers out there anyhow, so ya know I've gotta support the team! [​IMG]

7. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trail_Blazer @ Apr 9 2007, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Nitro, which team is listed first in my favourite teams? I like the Suns the best... ;)the team! [​IMG]</div>It says favorite team, not teams. If you list multiple teams, it's implying you like them all the same.

8. Trail_Blazer

Trail_Blazer BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nitro1118 @ Apr 9 2007, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It says favorite team, not teams. If you list multiple teams, it's implying you like them all the same.</div>No, you assumed that I like them all the same. I'm TELLING you that the Suns are my favourite team.This isn't f*cking rocket science.

9. ASUFan22

Can we just use this since it was less than a week ago that they played this game?Comments from Amare on Lakers: "I don't think it would go seven (games)," Stoudemire said. "We should take care of them pretty quick, if everything goes as planned."That's after what he said last year when he was injured. It was something like, "I would be dominating these guys, man"It should be a good game tonight.

10. Brando

Brando BBW Member

then edit ABC and put ESPN :happy0144:

11. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

God Smush Parker :no3:

12. ASUFan22

I still don't understand how the Lakers do such a great job on us, especially when they are so bad at this time. I'm praying for the Clippers to be our first round opponent. We'll have a better chance of winning in 5 against them.

13. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

wow, this is totally a lakers' place but kobe just isn't getting anything. Anytime you can hold phoenix under 100 you should not lose.

14. ASUFan22

Even with the Lakers making the game at their own pace, the Suns were able to control the game after the first half. I realize Kobe was tired, but the Suns did a great job on him with double teams and even with those double teams they were able to get back to the guys they were guarding.MVP Watch: Nash, 26, 3, 14 with only ONE turnover. Nice little stat here too, Kurt Thomas pulled down 10 rebounds in only 13 minutes.Also, the Lakers only scored 35 in the 2nd half. Both the Clipps and Warriors have a good chance of passing them.

15. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

<span style="font-family:Arial">- Luke Walton played one of his best games of the season. He put up solid numbers all across the board, except for his 3 turnovers.- Kobe Bryant looked exhausted tonight, he obviously played a horrible game. Yes, he was tired but I don't think any excuses can be made for his performance tonight. Scoring just 4 points in the 2nd half and only getting to the FT line once is inexcusable. Alot of the credit needs to be given to Raja Bell as well, he played Kobe as best as anybody can. These heavy minutes seem to be taking a huge toll on Kobe during the late stretch of games. He looks energized the entire first half then seems to drift away as the game goes on.- Sasha Vujacic played a solid game overall, he rebounded the ball extremely well. He did however make a huge mistake late in the game when he didn't know how much time was on the clock. That turnover was huge, he needs to pay more attention to the shot clock.- If I were a Lakers fan, I would be pulling my hair out over Smush Parker right now. He didn't do anything tonight, he didn't even deserve the little playing time he did get.</span>

16. Michael Bryant

Michael Bryant BBW Elite Member

It's hard to just say Kobe was tired. I mean he's in some exellent shape and he'd never admit to it. However after playing a full 48 and scoring 50 the night before, it's kinda hard to think otherwise. Raja is a very good defender but he isn't that good. I think Kobe mainly had a bad night.

17. boykinsforpresident

boykinsforpresident BBW Member

Man I know im going to get called out on this one by all the Laker fans but, Kobe is a f*cking choke artist dude...He needs 2 win a 1 game to get a lock in the playoffs. He played so soft last night, crying to the officials when he pushed bell in the back. Dude he is a soft baby! Raja Bell owns kobe everytime they play....Everyone on the laker team did their part except for Kobe...Dude is mentally weak

18. Michael Bryant

Michael Bryant BBW Elite Member

That does sound kinda crazy.