Lakers @ Warriors

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting notMuchgame:</div><div class="quote_post">We'll, give NVE some credit...he played great down the stretch...he was the only guy who was making baskets</div>

That is another reason not to make a trade for scrubs like the NY rumor. We need a go to guy. If we make a trade, we better get someone decent in return.

2. UltimateWarrior

UltimateWarrior JBB JustBBall Member

I hate the lakers
    [​IMG]

3. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

There was 19 seconds left to play why didn't the warriors call a timeout to run a play? Does Musselman not have any plays on offense?

4. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">There was 19 seconds left to play why didn't the warriors call a timeout to run a play? Does Musselman not have any plays on offense?</div>
    I thought they did get a good shot, its just that shaq made a great play.

The last play however was even more questionable though. It should have gone to Van Excel or J-Rich

5. Custodianrules2

That was horrible. Cliff was not supposed to get the ball like that because he's not a physical contact player. Anyway, I said to myself I don't care who wins as long as its really close game with few mistakes. And I'm not that pissed other than how the coaching went for the Warriors.

6. YayAreaFanatic

YayAreaFanatic JBB JustBBall Member

what was up with payton, that guy had some serious anger problems tonight when speedy and him got in a scuffle. IMO the W's would have pulled this one out if speedy was still in the game the second half. what do you guys think...will the league office review this and sanction a fine or maybe a suspension on payton. he looked like the instigator.

7. Custodianrules2

It looked like Payton tried to bite Claxton, but Claxton said he wasn't bitten. I just think the whole thing was silly by the refs to eject both players. That shouldn't have been called and that cost the warriors their biggest producer.

8. gina

gina JBB JustBBall Member

I was a fan of GP up untill he acted like a mad dog who was going to chew Speedy's face. He's become classless.

I'm the biggest NVE fan and I hated to see the Warriors lose. He played great tonight tho.

9. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Too bad the Warriors lost, but it sounded like a great game. I like Payton, he has that "bay area" attitude. But his ego is bigger than his melon shaped head. Speedy was all over him and he couldn't handle it.

10. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YayAreaFanatic:</div><div class="quote_post">what was up with payton, that guy had some serious anger problems tonight when speedy and him got in a scuffle. IMO the W's would have pulled this one out if speedy was still in the game the second half. what do you guys think...will the league office review this and sanction a fine or maybe a suspension on payton. he looked like the instigator.</div>

GP has anger problems? That's something new. [​IMG]

Warriors gave the game to the Lakers tonight, LA did all they could to choke the game away, but the Warriors could not execute when it mattered most. The last 4 possesions that the Warriors had inside the final minute of the game, were blown. They had bad shot selection on all of them, and I personally thought Dampier had a good look under the basket, don't know why he passed it back out to Cliff to only get blocked by Shaq, for those who saw the game know what I'm talking about, the score was 100-99 at that point too with about 36 seconds left to play. I also feel Van Exel forced that last shot with around 13 seconds left after Kobe stepped out of bounds. It was a quick shot put up, right when he came down court it was just a screen then take to the basket. I felt they should have settled down and gotten a better shot off. Good effort by Golden State, but execution in the final minutes of the game is the reason why they didn't come out with the win tonight.

Now to the Lakers side, Warriors were owned inside by Shaq tonight. He simply dominated, he got way too many easy scores inside tonight, a lot of them were wide open dunks. And that bank was right on point tonight. Once again Kobe takes over the game, he single handedly dominated that 3rd quarter, and also the bank in the final minute of the game when the Warriors were up 1 was one of the most key shots of the game. He always brings his game against the Warriors, and he did it again tonight.

About the Claxton/Payton thing, I don't even know why GP got mad on that one. Basically, it looked like Speedy tried to pick the ball, fouled him, GP extended his elbow out at him, Speedy didn't like it, and that's how it all started. Payton then held him and pinned him against the announcers table, it was pretty funny. I think he was basically trying to teach him a lesson, saying "I'm a veteran, you don't do that to me" type stuff. As far as the Warriors winning if Speedy was in the game? Maybe, but then maybe not. Van Exel stepped up and played huge in the 4th quarter, him and Kobe switched baskets about 3 times in a row. Claxton probably would have changed the game in different ways, but IMO NVE was more important in that game, and the Warriors just fell short. Anyway, the game was a blast, glad LA could hold onto this one tonight. [​IMG]

11. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple N Gold:</div><div class="quote_post">I think he was basically trying to teach him a lesson, saying "I'm a veteran, you don't do that to me" type stuff. </div>Yea, what the hell was Speedy thinking trying to play defense.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple N Gold:</div><div class="quote_post">
    About the Claxton/Payton thing, I don't even know why GP got mad on that one. Basically, it looked like Speedy tried to pick the ball, fouled him, GP extended his elbow out at him, Speedy didn't like it, and that's how it all started. Payton then held him and pinned him against the announcers table, it was pretty funny. I think he was basically trying to teach him a lesson, saying "I'm a veteran, you don't do that to me" type stuff. Anyway, the game was a blast, glad LA could hold onto this one tonight. [​IMG]</div>

From what it looked like, Claxton was reachin in and Payton didn't appreciate that...Payton stuck his leg out behind Claxton and tried to trip him...Claxton lost his balance and bumped him a bit, and then Payon went crazy...

Payton contributed more to the Lakers during his ejection than he did the whole 1st half...Payton was getting killed by Claxton, so he took it upon himself for a kamikaze mission [​IMG]

13. Purple N Gold

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Yea, what the hell was Speedy thinking trying to play defense.[​IMG]

[​IMG]</div>

LMAO, nah I meant after GP extended his elbow, Speedy kind of struck back like he wanted to fight, but as soon was Payton grabbed him, he looked scared, it was funny though. [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Payton contributed more to the Lakers during his ejection than he did the whole 1st half...Payton was getting killed by Claxton, so he took it upon himself for a kamikaze mission [​IMG]</div>

Haha, I gotta agree with you on tha one. GP was gettin used.

14. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting notMuchgame:</div><div class="quote_post">From what it looked like, Claxton was reachin in and Payton didn't appreciate that...Payton stuck his leg out behind Claxton and tried to trip him...Claxton lost his balance and bumped him a bit, and then Payon went crazy...

Payton contributed more to the Lakers during his ejection than he did the whole 1st half...Payton was getting killed by Claxton, so he took it upon himself for a kamikaze mission [​IMG]</div>If you can't beat 'em, take him out. Payton is getting too old to stay with these young cats.

15. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple N Gold:</div><div class="quote_post">LMAO, nah I meant after GP extended his elbow, Speedy kind of struck back like he wanted to fight, but as soon was Payton grabbed him, he looked scared, it was funny though. [​IMG]

Haha, I gotta agree with you on tha one. GP was gettin used.</div>

Speedy Claxton scared of Gary Payton?? NO way. Next time they meet, claxton will torch him for 30+. Warriors will own the Lakers. For christ sakes, you have Kobe and Shaq and u barely beat the warriors by 1 point. Lakers were just lucky. GP and his dirty antics.

16. Purple N Gold

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting openglfx:</div><div class="quote_post">Speedy Claxton scared of Gary Payton?? NO way. Next time they meet, claxton will torch him for 30+. Warriors will own the Lakers. For christ sakes, you have Kobe and Shaq and u barely beat the warriors by 1 point. Lakers were just lucky. GP and his dirty antics.</div>

You obviously didn't see the "fight". When GP grabbed him, just look at Claxton's face, he had the "what did I do?" look. What's your point? Claxton torched Payton tonight, luckily we took him out the game. :mrgreen:

Why are you underrating the Warriors play? They played well, they just lack execution. Warriors lack that "go-to-guy". During the final minutes, they had a poor shot selection, Van Exel helped out tonight but he won't get the job done night in and night out.

17. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple N Gold:</div><div class="quote_post">You obviously didn't see the "fight". When GP grabbed him, just look at Claxton's face, he had the "what did I do?" look. What's your point? Claxton torched Payton tonight, luckily we took him out the game. :mrgreen:</div>I think Speedy was just suprised that Payton grabbed him the way he did. I just saw a reply of it and Payton should have been the only one ejected. Thats what he wanted anyways. I'd like to see Payton face up with someone his own size.

18. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting openglfx:</div><div class="quote_post">Speedy Claxton scared of Gary Payton?? NO way. Next time they meet, claxton will torch him for 30+. Warriors will own the Lakers. For christ sakes, you have Kobe and Shaq and u barely beat the warriors by 1 point. Lakers were just lucky. GP and his dirty antics.</div>

Umm were you watching the same game I was? Speedy looked like a little 13 yearold about to wet his pants when Gary went at him. At first I thought it was funny but it made even me feel bad for him. I felt sorry for the little guy!

19. Purple N Gold

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">I think Speedy was just suprised that Payton grabbed him the way he did. I just saw a reply of it and Payton should have been the only one ejected. Thats what he wanted anyways. I'd like to see Payton face up with someone his own size.</div>

Your right, Claxton probably shouldn't have been ejected. But from a ref's stand point, if your the main one invovled in the fight, and since it did continue for so long, they had to eject both. This one carried on, if it was just a quick push and break up, then IMO Speedy wouldn't have been ejected. Thing is, NVE stepped up so well for him it's hard to say that the Warriors would have had a better chance of winning with Claxton in the game.

20. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Phreeze:</div><div class="quote_post">Umm were you watching the same game I was? Speedy looked like a little 13 yearold about to wet his pants when Gary went at him. At first I thought it was funny but it made even me feel bad for him. I felt sorry for the little guy!</div>Payton is a good 5 inches taller than him and is intimidating. Payton was the one who looked like he was going to wet his pants on the court everytime he got the ball. He was getting owned and he should have taken it like a man. Instead he tried to bully his way out of it.