Lakers @ Warriors

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple N Gold:</div><div class="quote_post">Your right, Claxton probably shouldn't have been ejected. But as a ref if your the main one invovled in the fight, and since it did continue for so long, they had to eject both. This one carried on, if it was just a quick push and break up, then IMO Speedy wouldn't have been ejected.</div>
    Yea I agree. These are tough calls to make, especially when the refs are being thrown to the ground. :P

2. kobeonfire

kobeonfire JBB JustBBall Member

The Warriors played a good game... but as well as they played its almost IMPOSSIBLE to beat the Lakers when Kobe and Shaq score over 30 on the same night (they're 27-6 or something when it happens). Too bad Cardinal didn't have his shot going tonight- we could've used that big 3 that he took in the last couple of minutes that went in and out.

3. Rudeezy

Well you know the Warriors are improving when we are mad that we lost a close game to the Lakers. In the past, we might have been celebrating the fact that we didn't get blown out.

4. openglfx

openglfx JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple N Gold:</div><div class="quote_post">You obviously didn't see the "fight". When GP grabbed him, just look at Claxton's face, he had the "what did I do?" look. What's your point? Claxton torched Payton tonight, luckily we took him out the game. :mrgreen:

Why are you underrating the Warriors play? They played well, they just lack execution. Warriors lack that "go-to-guy". During the final minutes, they had a poor shot selection, Van Exel helped out tonight but he won't get the job done night in and night out.</div>

I watched the entire game from start to finish i saw it. Payton put his elbow out and that's obvious that he wanted to piss of Claxton. Claxton just shoved him off cause his elbow was up to his neck. Sure Payton's 4 or 5 inches taller than Claxton. But so what, I don't think he'd back down. Claxton's a clean player vs. dirty Payton. Doesn't me he's scared or anything. Claxton will touch him again next game. Since this is probably Damp and NVE's last game. I dont know what chance we'll have at beating the lakers. I'm confident the Warriors can take em down. Laker's will not win it all this season. That's my prediction. I used to be a Laker's fan until now I see Kobe's dirty side along with Shaq's BS. Damp pretty much sucked tonight. Didn't really do jack.. If he had only dunked that ball in the last minute the W's would've won. Boohoo. Better luck next time. GP is a trash talker everyone know's that. Claxton on the other hand, quiet but will show you his game through his game not his mouth.

5. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Why didn't Musselhead call for a hack a shaq. It was clear the warriors were over the limit, just foul Shaq repeatedly away from the ball and get him to shoot free throws. That was so lame how they let Kobe just take over. Everything was just bad coaching in my opinion. Musselman is just so stupid when it comes to the obvious.

6. Emo

Emo Active Member

Excellent game displayed last night. And I'm not surprised the Lakers just took this one by a single point. These two teams against each other always play nailbiter games in Oakland and this one was no different. Kobe played an excellent game, and I think it's safe to say Kobe is back at 100%. 35 point effort, and put his team on his shoulders in the closing minutes of the 4th quarter. Of course we Laker fans are used to that. And I can't forget about Shaq. Dominated the low post. Was the same old typical dominant force. He couldn't be stopped. Easy baskets, bank shots, dunks, you name it. As for Gary Payton, just ridiculous, stupid, childish, and classless. Claxton just outplayed Payton tonight. And he just took out his frustration on him. On SportsCenter, it did look like Gary was gonna stick his teeth into Claxton's skin. The Warriors play by play commentator said he was choking him. How bizarre. I think Gary deserves a suspension for this act. Just unacceptable.

7. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Great game. Again I will be a Musselman apologist. The Warriors just lost by 1 to the overwhelming preseason favorite to win the championship. Question all you want about the last couple of possessions but there's no guarantee that if something different had been called the Warriors would have won. Shaq was hacked and he coughed up two free throws. NVE had the floater which just missed off the back iron. Sure Shaq swatted Cliffy but there is only 1.3 sec left and the Lakers know that NVE is the best option then.

How about giving Muss some credit for putting Cheaney on Bryant and getting some key stops at the end of the game, especially the up and down call with a minute left? Plus he left Cliffy in for a large part of the 4th and Cliffy came through with some huge shots.

There are some serious bright spots coming through, let's cherish them while they last.

8. Rudeezy

Laker_Fever nailed it right on the head. Shaq dominated the paint which gave the Warriors little chance of winning this game. I am suprised that they came so close to an upset with Shaq dominating the middle. Dampier had outplayed him in their previous meeting and gave the Warriors a great chance to win those games.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">As for Gary Payton, just ridiculous, stupid, childish, and classless. Claxton just outplayed Payton tonight. And he just took out his frustration on him. On SportsCenter, it did look like Gary was gonna stick his teeth into Claxton's skin. The Warriors play by play commentator said he was choking him. How bizarre. I think Gary deserves a suspension for this act. Just unacceptable.</div>Nicely put. It's nice to see this coming from a Laker's fan.

9. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

That Payton fiasco is truly punk stuff. He clearly put his elbow in Speedy's neck without any provocation by Speedy (unless you call good D and getting worked provocation). I just hope that others around the league begin to turn against Payton and these punk tactics. Respect? Well he may be a HOF but like earning respect, you can lose it too.

10. thePHentity

thePHentity JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"It's kinda funny, the little midget Warrior coach can say anything he wants, but when Gary says something, he gets ejected," O'Neal said.</div>

shaq disgusts me with that quote. payton got ejected because he started fighting with speedy...and then he insults musselman. i don't even know why speedy got ejected....what did he do?

11. Rudeezy

Shaq's comment didn't even make sense. Payton didn't get ejected for talking, he got ejected for puting a player in a head lock. What an idiot.

12. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting thePHentity:</div><div class="quote_post">shaq disgusts me with that quote. payton got ejected because he started fighting with speedy...and then he insults musselman. i don't even know why speedy got ejected....what did he do?</div>

He reacted back after Payton extended his elbow out at him, and then once your in the fight, it's likely you'll be ejected no matter what.

13. Custodianrules2

I think the lakers need to move Shaq and keep Kobe but that's probably not possible and not even wise. Look at it this way Shaq could have easily lost that game for the Lakers had Musselman called for a Hack-a-Shaq. I know I'm bringing the Hack-a-Shaq thing up way too much, but I know employing it would have put the lakers away since they're missing Karl Malone. Karl Malone would be the other big threat in the paint..

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Gary was so frustrated because of the fact Speedy was running circles round him all night he has to go and start something with like this.

How many ejections is that? 3,4? GP never did this rubbish in Seattle. Must be hanging around with the wrong guys.

15. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">Gary was so frustrated because of the fact Speedy was running circles round him all night he has to go and start something with like this.

How many ejections is that? 3,4? GP never did this rubbish in Seattle. Must be hanging around with the wrong guys.</div>

That makes me curious as well. Same with Tim Duncan in how vocal he has gotten this year. Tim Duncan is one of my favorite players because of his good behavior on and off the court.