Lampard vs Gerrard Chapter Officialy Closed

Discussion in 'England' started by RandomButter, Mar 12, 2007.

1. incandecio

incandecio DYC Reading for Europe

ive watched many a game, i even used to be a liverpool fan when i was 7-11 lol but ive seen both play, they both do the same things as its there job, but we watching dont note things like crucial tackles, shots missed so on and so forth, thats where that ranking system i gave, it clocks up those stats so it tells you who has the worst strike rate which im sure lampard will be high on and the most tackles which gerrard will be on.

anyway this arguement just proves to you all who say gerrard should be over lampard for being picked in england, gerrards more defensive and lampards more attacking and therefore should both be picked

2. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

<div class="quote_poster">Y2Kyle Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Do you realise, Maths has no part in football.</div>[​IMG]<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Thats Chelsea fans for you. Stats. Stats. Stats. I reckon they should watch more matches instead of researchin the internet for stats.</div>Your teachers never taught you the definition of statistics then? Well this is a pretty pointless debate and I'm not talking about Gerrard vs Lampard, I mean the utter garbage C.Ronaldo and Y2Kyle come out with! Not only that but they keep contradicting themselves... [​IMG]

3. Escorcio

Escorcio DYC Mage

So it's all about goals ye?

4. Y2Kyle

Y2Kyle DYC This is Anfield

<div class="quote_poster">dan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG]Your teachers never taught you the definition of statistics then? Well this is a pretty pointless debate and I'm not talking about Gerrard vs Lampard, I mean the utter garbage C.Ronaldo and Y2Kyle come out with! Not only that but they keep contradicting themselves... [​IMG]</div>

When you rate players, you dont rate them on goals. You rate them on how they play. Gerrard is a more complete player.

5. incandecio

<div class="quote_poster">Y2Kyle Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">When you rate players, you dont rate them on goals. You rate them on how they play. Gerrard is a more complete player.</div>

that is exactly why i gave you the rating on how they play

6. Drew L

Drew L DYC Midfield Master

Good god just accept it lampard is better than gerrard what more do you want?

Statistics show that lampard is the better player

Gerrard ok he is a brilliant midfielder and ok may be more complete than lampard but well.. he does'nt really do that much these days to show that he is a complete midfielder.

[​IMG]

7. bringiton

bringiton Theatre of Reality

Go win a cup mmmmmmmmmm I'll leave that 1.
    Fuck me weve been wrong all along liverpool should sell Gerrard and buy Gareth Barry.Thats what the stats say

8. incandecio

where does it say that?

anyway seeing as your a bum boy whos worse than kyle. show us some proof that what your saying is true.

9. Y2Kyle

Name Index Score Overall Index Rank Team
    1 cristiano ronaldo 505 2 Manchester United
    2 frank lampard 490 3 Chelsea
    3 mikel arteta 457 4 Everton
    4 gareth barry 456 5 Aston Villa
    5 ryan giggs 402 13 Manchester United

Your own facts boy.

10. incandecio

im on about facts of gerrard lampard, not gareth barry>gerrard

that just means barry has performed better than gerrard

like lampard has performed better than gerrard for the last 2 seasons

11. C.Ronaldo

C.Ronaldo Key Squad player

At the end of the day. Cristiano Ronaldo is the best [​IMG]

12. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

nah give me Van Persie any Day

13. Y2Kyle

Nah Alonso > All.

14. incandecio

id well rather want christiano, hes gotten a little less divey but his skill is immense of late. i want to know if statistically ronaldos 2nd best in britain who is the best, ill get back to yoons

15. bringiton

bringiton Theatre of Reality

So now you're saying Barry as performed better than Gerrard this season. The Opta stats were made by some fella with jam jar glasses who's got fuck all better to do than make silly stats up.
    Lets not forget that Everton bought Per Koldrup on his opta stats and wasn't he a success. Any way if you USED to support Liverpool but have now changed you can't class yourself as a true football fan so your comments will be ignored and you shall now be classed as a big sissy with frilly claret and blue knickers on

16. incandecio

<div class="quote_poster">bringiton Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">So now you're saying Barry as performed better than Gerrard this season. The Opta stats were made by some fella with jam jar glasses who's got fuck all better to do than make silly stats up.
    Lets not forget that Everton bought Per Koldrup on his opta stats and wasn't he a success. Any way if you USED to support Liverpool but have now changed you can't class yourself as a true football fan so your comments will be ignored and you shall now be classed as a big sissy with frilly claret and blue knickers on</div>

a true fan of who? obviously not liverpool, iwas stil a burnley fan as ive had burnley shirts since yr 1 it was one of those things that the most popular lad supported them so from yr 3 every lad supported them. anyway dickhead you are a disgrace to liverpool fans anyway, the amount of shit you come out with is untrue and if you were a burnley fan saying stuff about other teams like that i know for a fact youd get such a smack.

didnt use opta stats. but i mean if your saying they are shit then maybe steve finnan isnt the best defender this season and reina isnt 3rd best keeper, you know so like i take it all back, those players are actually wank. the players all above gerrard, who is 6th by the way 3 points of being better than barry, have all earned it with how they have played. ronaldo giggs have no doubt been better than gerrard all the way through the season, barry has been a reall influential player for aston villa and his passing is unquestioned, same with his tackling and lampard has been better, i dont care who you say is better, lampard has been playing better than gerrard.

another thing ive realised as i have a liverpool mate, we were watching gerrards goals, yes they are usually better than lampards, but he only gets them off when england/liverpool are in a shambles and are playing wank, making him inturn look better, and also in cups, not many good ones in the leagues, even crouch scores better and crouch is one of the wankest players in the premiership imho, even before he came to liverpool, he can only score over his head

17. Spawny

Spawny DYC 1st team Reserves

I love the fact that only Liverpool fans think Gerrard is the best player in the world, but obviously, they are not biased or anything. /sarcam

I will comment on everything said in a bit when I have time, gonna be fun.

18. Spawny

Spawny DYC 1st team Reserves

<div class="quote_poster">Y2Kyle Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Goals mean nothing, midfielders jobs are a fraction to score goals. Gerrard > Lampard. Get over it. Gerrard uses the ball instead of wasting woeful shots.</div>

Yeah, them woeful shots are the ones that are getting him 15+ a season. Which, for the past few seasons, have been MORE than Gerrard.

<div class="quote_poster">RandomButter Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Lampard's job is to get goals you donut! Especially with the way Chelsea play him, BIG hence here: the reason he takes most freekicks. [​IMG] Let's not forget he was by far our best player leading up to the worldcup (england team)

John Terry is a defender set out to defend! [​IMG]

Like i said before, it's formation! Ronaldinho never gets back to defender - does that mean Gerrard is better then him? [​IMG]

Your head must be hurting by now, so i'll stop there.

Please try again when you can hold a decent debate. [​IMG]</div>
    Haha, I really did find this funny, he has just done every Liverpool fan up in one post, legendary.

<div class="quote_poster">bringiton Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yes in my own estimation Gerrard is better than Ronaldinho. Although he may have a lot of foot skills and tricks I think Gerrard offers more to the team in the way of drive and passion alongside considerable skill. Put it this way if all the great players were put up for sale the queue for gerrards signature would be by far the longest and I know I said great players but i'll let fatboy join at the back out of sympathy.

PS
    If you've got a headache stay away from Anfield because you will never recover</div>
    LMAO! Gerrard better than Ronaldinho?! You seriously have to be licking my nuts on that one, only a stupid Liverpool fan would come out with something like that.

<div class="quote_poster">Maxdaman91 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Lampard is a better player when it comes to poaching goals and twatting the ball hard, but Gerrard is a better team player. He is more confident when it comes to crosses and long balls</div>
    Maybe that?s because Gerrard?s job for Liverpool is to hoof the ball across the pitch?

<div class="quote_poster">Y2Kyle Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Do you realise, Maths has no part in football.</div>
    <div class="quote_poster">Y2Kyle Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Maybe he should use his head. Maths has never had any apart in football apart from the score and time.</div>
    You do realise you have just contradicted yourself with them 2 posts? Maths plays no part in football? You?ve just shot yourself in the foot.

<div class="quote_poster">Y2Kyle Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Watch a Liverpool game and you can appreciate how much Gerrard does, and you will see why he is better.</div>
    Let?s all remember that football is a team game, one player doesn?t make a team, well ? maybe in Liverpools case but we have to feeling sorry for the thieving scousers don?t we?

<div class="quote_poster">Y2Kyle Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">When you rate players, you dont rate them on goals. You rate them on how they play. Gerrard is a more complete player.</div>
    You rate them on how they play, so Gerrard being a more complete player really has nothing to do with how they play. It?s how they play on the day and Lampard is just better every game.

<div class="quote_poster">bringiton Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Go win a cup mmmmmmmmmm I'll leave that 1.
    Fuck me weve been wrong all along liverpool should sell Gerrard and buy Gareth Barry.Thats what the stats say</div>
    You done well defending that Champions League trophy, knocked out by Benfica? Sit down, and shut up to stop embarrassing yourself.

Basically, Lampard is better IN MY OPINION. It all comes down to opinion, obviously Liverpool fans are gonna love Gerrard because he is a tire nicking scouser, and us Chelsea fans love Lampard because he is our star player.

19. lilguy1991

lilguy1991 DYC 1st team Reserves

Who cares neither are going to win England the WC.

20. Y2Kyle

<div class="quote_poster">Spawny Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, them woeful shots are the ones that are getting him 15+ a season. Which, for the past few seasons, have been MORE than Gerrard.

Haha, I really did find this funny, he has just done every Liverpool fan up in one post, legendary.

LMAO! Gerrard better than Ronaldinho?! You seriously have to be licking my nuts on that one, only a stupid Liverpool fan would come out with something like that.

Maybe that?s because Gerrard?s job for Liverpool is to hoof the ball across the pitch?

You do realise you have just contradicted yourself with them 2 posts? Maths plays no part in football? You?ve just shot yourself in the foot.

Let?s all remember that football is a team game, one player doesn?t make a team, well ? maybe in Liverpools case but we have to feeling sorry for the thieving scousers don?t we?

You rate them on how they play, so Gerrard being a more complete player really has nothing to do with how they play. It?s how they play on the day and Lampard is just better every game.

You done well defending that Champions League trophy, knocked out by Benfica? Sit down, and shut up to stop embarrassing yourself.

Basically, Lampard is better IN MY OPINION. It all comes down to opinion, obviously Liverpool fans are gonna love Gerrard because he is a tire nicking scouser, and us Chelsea fans love Lampard because he is our star player.</div>

This is about who is better? I mean a five year old could have 200 shots and score 5 goals. And Gerrard could have 3 shots and score 3 goals. Does that make the 5 year old a better player? Erm, no.