Trade Larry Nance Jr traded to Portland

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by illmatic99, Aug 27, 2021.

1. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

Brooks is good, but he's also a hot head, and you've hit the nail on the head with the Oregon connection thing. Same for Ainge. Totally overrated because of that. He underwhelmed on that title contention team.

2. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

He certainly does have pretty bad advanced metrics. But I wouldn't mind having him as a 6'7" backup for Norm if he came over as part of a CJ deal.

Buffalo Custard likes this.
  3. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    and Pritchard...and Jordan Bell, and Bol Bol...and if you just do the state of Oregon connection instead of U of O, Terrance Ross, and Terrance Jones...

4. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

.... and Love.

julius likes this.
  5. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

Portland Trail Blazers
    Before acquiring Nance, the Trail Blazers also had an interest in Grizzlies guard Dillon Brooks, sources said.

6. Idog1976

Idog1976 Well-Known Member

I look to the stars.
    Not for Ben Simmons?! Man people are crazy short term memory and have no vision. The blazers are not the Sixers and Lillard is not Embiid. Put 3-4 shooters around Simmons and you have a godly team. Thats assuming he never fixes his shot. My god people are unbelievably fixated on a single series.

blazerkor likes this.
  7. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

He scorned coming here. That shows a pompous attitude of entitlement. If those press releases of him not wanting to play in Portland or Toronto are false, come out and say it.

Buffalo Custard and dviss1 like this.
  8. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Don't tell me why I made my decision about Ben Simmons. You may need to go and read the Simmons thread.

My reasons why have been made clear. You are the only one assuming here...

Orion Bailey likes this.
  9. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Simmons hasn't talked all off season, why would he break his silence to address a baseless claim? That was a sport talk radio dude named Jason Dumas making shit up and irresponsible journalists running with it as a report instead of an opinion. Simmons hasn't been reported to have said anything to anyone about where he ends up. His representation has been reported to want him out of Philly for obvious reasons and that's it. Can we please stop referring to this shit like it's reality?

Idog1976, Natebishop3 and illmatic99 like this.
  10. illmatic99

Those aren't press releases. Those comments came from a TV news reporter with very few sports ties in Oakland who wanted Simmons in GS. Stop spitting that nonsense as fact. We've had multiple accounts from insiders on multiple forums claiming he'd even welcome trades to CLE and Minny and Rich Paul has asked for as much.

Idog1976 and Natebishop3 like this.
  11. illmatic99

How people run with this shit man....

Idog1976, Natebishop3 and blazerkor like this.
  12. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Yeah, your reasons are based on things much different than those of most in here that don't want him. I think you're kind of out on a limb with your analysis of who the guy is based off of his on court demeanor but at least you're speaking from experience and have a logical conclusion, even if I don't agree with it.

Idog1976 likes this.
  13. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Which it's why noob posters don't need to assume why I dislike trading CJ for Simmons. :dunno:

Nurk and Simmons cannot share the floor IMHO. Bam, there's another reason...

BonesJones, e_blazer and blazerkor like this.
  14. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Ive not seen any quotes from Simmons requesting a trade or that he wont show up for fall camp. Everything at this point is pure conjecture. My gut is he stays in Philly and he gets back on that horse.

15. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

But Nance? He can stretch the floor. He can pass as well and is a great fit with Nurkic.

Pinwheel1 likes this.
  16. Buffalo Custard

Buffalo Custard Well-Known Member

Personally, I am far less concerned about the series than about his behavior since then. "Immature" is putting it kindly.

SharpesTriumph and Orion Bailey like this.
  17. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have to admit I am changing my mind on Simmons. I wanted him badly because he can guard almost anyone. Something we needed help with.
    Plus at 6'11" 240, I envisioned a PF who was an excellent ball-handler and who could be surrounded by multiple shooters. That was intriguing. But you are right Nurk would have to be replaced by a center who can shoot. (and play D) Not always easy to find.

Neil found a PF who is as effective in his own way. I would say Simmons is a better overall defender than Nance (In terms of guarding more positions)
    and is a better ball handler, but Nance is no slouch at either. Larry can't lock down a guard, but he is more physical against bigger players. (and is at least an average shooter)

The bottom line is we basically only gave up a lottery-protected 1st since DJJ was not going to play much anyway. So Nance came much cheaper than Simmons. And if they really want to trade CJ, they still can.

One edit to this, a younger player is only more attractive if you can keep him past his contract.
    Not sure we could in Simmons's situation.

18. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

It's the reluctance to dunk on the same Mario characters I've been killing since 85' for me..

[​IMG]

19. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I merged them because people were posting interesting articles about Nance and the trade in the thread joking about the Nance news instead of the actual Nance thread.

Further likes this.
  20. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    I completely agree with this. I’m also just really curious about seeing how a Billups-coached version of CJ works. If Billups puts more motion in the offense, doesn’t tolerate guys stopping the ball with isos, I think we’re going to see CJ hitting shots at a very big percentage as he gets more open looks in catch and shoot situations. That version of CJ could be a deadly asset.

BBert, Pinwheel1 and dviss1 like this.