Laughing at imbecile Rangers fans calling in saying we got fleeced

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Feb 26, 2018.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Probably 85% of them did zero research. All these kids we traded for had something in common. High hockey IQ, never take shifts off, physical and win puck battles. Exactly what the pussies on our current team don't do. Miller was a lazy fuck as well. He would disappear for long stretches just like Stepan used to do. This draft is stacked with righty defenseman. Even quality righty defenseman after pick 15. So, these late first round picks are not normal late round firsts. This draft is deep beyond belief.

Ranger71 likes this.
  2. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Dude, AV better be gone after this season. I am afraid that imbecile will ruin all of the prospects.

3. kreidertime

Yep. Here is another stat that is also mind boggling. In 40 career playoff games, Miller has 1 fucking goal and 15 assists. One fucking goal! Fast has 6 in 39 games and plays half as much.

mrmel29 likes this.
  4. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

And even if TB's other pick turns out to be a 2nd we can maybe package it with our own or the Devils and get up for another 1st. Plus it would mean TB's 1st would be in the 24 range. I would've liked to see them get something for Desharnais but whatever.

5. kreidertime

By the way. Tavares will be a Ranger next year. Don't think this deal didn't factor into that.

6. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I saw on another board somebody claim losing Miller was a franchise altering move. It shows how some fans overrate their players. Miller is a good kid and played well in stretches. That said he's not a game changer. As pointed out one goal in that many playoff games is disgraceful. Also, another one who would be invisable for two weeks. I wish them the best in Tampa but it won't be any different then when Cally went there.

7. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

The truth is that these Rangers never had a game changer.............
    and they are still searching for this type player!

8. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

Getting down to brass tax...............In 2018 draft how many #1s, #2s, #3s picks for NYR?

As several people have said.........the key for the Rangers is to select the right players with high
    level hockey IQ. Gorton, do not fail us at crunch time!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  9. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Three 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks, two 3rd rounds picks in 2018.

In 2019 we have TB's 2nd round pick currently...BUT if they win the Cup this year or next year we get their 1st round pick in 2019 instead of their 2nd round pick. So most likely a late 1st instead of a late 2nd in 2019 if TB wins a Cup this year or next year.

Issue is two of our three 1st round picks this year will be mid 20's or worse. Maybe our pick gets to 6 or 7 if we don't win the lottery. Can we package a few of those picks to get up to 2 or 3...we'll see.

10. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

If the Rangers don't draft well it's going to set them back a long time. 7 picks in the first three rounds of this draft. They have to hit on multiple NHL ready players for this to not turn into a multiple year rebuild.

11. nj cup

nj cup Member

I’ll save this one for later lol.

So Tavares is going to leave the island playing with brazal to go to nyr and play with who? 35 year old kovy ? 18 million tied up between JT and lundqvist. That’s a great recipe

12. nj cup

nj cup Member

This guy gets it. The picks are a great start but if you don’t hit on them then it was pointless. And honestly outside of your own pick top 10 these other ones wOnt be making the lineup for two years.

Not sure jt will want to wait two years for that

13. kreidertime

I can only imagine what dickless cup chimed in with. Rangers basically get every FA they go after when they want them bad enough. The facts don't lie. If Tavares is a UFA and the Rangers want him. He'll be a Ranger. Can't tell you how many time I heard that dumb hometown crap and then the player signs with the Rangers. Not his hometown.

RangersFan likes this.
  14. RangersFan

Seriously, you need to stop nj. You were wrong on the Rangers ability to get multiple picks in this years draft. You come on here talking like you know. Here is what you don't know (or care to admit), the NYR are a destination that players want to go to. NY, MSG, biggest stage of them all. That is why every year you see FA's say they want the Rangers...every year. You cannot grasp that.

Now I am not saying Tavares will sign here, I actually don't think he'd do that to the Isles, but the Rangers will be back sooner rather than later. If not next season I guarantee they will be back in two years. And you will be one of the 36 Devil fans who will live just to comment about the Rangers. That's reality, and until you can admit that the Rangers are a draw and a destination then you add no unbiased thoughts to the equation.

15. RangersFan

How much cap space will the Rangers have this summer...has to be a ton. We have some RFA's to resign like Spooner, Namestnikov, Hayes, Vesey, and Skjei. But man we must have over 20 mill in cap space coming up, and if the cap goes up 2 mill or so that gives us even a little more wiggle room.

Namestnikov should sign for less than Miller. His cap hit was 1.937 this season. His salary was 1.975 this season. Miller's cap hit was 2.625 this season. His salary was 2,750 this season. So we should get Namestnikov resigned for a little less than Miller.

You have to think Kovy is here. I would expect another big signing as well. A bunch of talented kids and Shat and Skjei will make up our D. We need to add some talented forwards. That's where Kovy comes in. Namestnikov and Hayes and Ziban will be here. Most likely Zucc as well. Kreider and Buch as well. Add another UFA signed forward. Plus maybe Chytil and Andersson. And I am sure we will draft a highly skilled forward with a top 6 or 7 pick at worst in the draft.

Truthfully...I am liking that team for next season. And again I guarantee in 2 years we are back in the mix for big things. Next season a competitive team that can be a potential playoff team with the right signees and draft picks. In two years we can be back near the top again I think.

16. Ranger71

I have a feeling Z is dealt before the season for another pick/prospect and more cap space to add another forward. We may need to add a stopgap 1y D vet if they plan on even sniffing the playoffs, but maybe they just play the kids and hope Smith got his brain back. Staal will be interesting, whether they bother with a buyout this summer or next. Skjei needs to have a bounceback year. Do Nash or Grabner come back..at this point I don't think so but you never know. I might skip that and move in other directions. Even if next year is a throwaway it will at least give them another top 10-15 pick. I'd love to get that Svechnikov kid in the draft, as we need more high end skill.

17. nj cup

nj cup Member

Do you realize not many franchise players make ufa anymore. Outside of Tavares who is a ufa this summer that is a franchise player? This past summer what franchise player hit ufa? Stamkos two years ago? He resigned before he even hit the open market for a pay cut!

Yes congrats you got back a few late round picks and some 3rd line guys and d man with upside of top 4 you didn’t get a single great prospect for your biggest chip. Time will tell but I just don’t think jt goes to the rangers. Why would he? All money and term is equal go to a rebuild or a contender?

I agree ny is big time destination for ufa. Congrats? What has that gotten you lol. I thought kovy was a no brainer to go there next year but seeing your in a rebuild why would a 35 year old who wants a multi year deal go there? Not sure he’s someone I want to hitch my wagon to on a “young” team.

There are no short cuts in a rebuild you guys had a great run. Rebuild take your licks and get back at it. Nothing I am saying is insulting or being an ass it’s just the truth.

18. Ranger71

It could go either way with Kovalchuk, i'd say it's 50/50 either here or maybe Florida. I can't really see JT coming to NY but we may have the cap space to actually give it a try. I bet he ends up back in NY with Bailey staying and the new arena.

19. RangersFan

We have a very different opinion of where the Rangers are going to be next year...very different. This won't be Edmonton or LI or Zona or NJ. We won't be down for long. I see no reason why we won't be very competitive next season. We have a ton of cap space. You think the Rangers won't use it? You think the Rangers won't draw some UFA's here...just stop already. And in two years I promise you this team will be back near the top.

And where has NY being a destination gotten us...I don't know playoffs in 11 of 12 years, and many deep runs. No Cup, but we know that is a crap shoot given how tough the NHL playoffs are. So again stop please.

And how many teams have FIVE 1st round picks in two years...FIVE. And three 2nd round picks as well. And a whole bunch of young 2nd pair dmen and top 6 forwards added. And play in NY at MSG.

So again just stop man...enjoy your little couple of years here with your other 36 Devil fans and some middling success...:). We'll be back much sooner than you think man. I have zero doubt with how the Rangers operate.

20. RangersFan

Unless we choose to pass on Kovy OR he wants a ridiculous deal he'll be a Ranger next year. These deals make me feel even stronger about that. He's on a team with multiple future Rangers in the KHL. He'll come next year, and the others will come in two years.

I don't see Tavares here either given he'd have to totally say FU to the Isles for no major difference in money. Seems unlikely to me.