OT LaVar is costing his son MILLIONS of dollars

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by BlazerCaravan, Apr 28, 2017.

1. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

Big Baller Brand is the new LA Gear. haha

2. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Alienating women because women won't be wearing the shoes is another dumb move on his part. The target market for these shoes are young men, that's clear from the brand name he has chosen. His error is that most of those young men will not be the ones actually paying for their shoes. In most families, it's the mom that controls the purse strings and decides how any discretionary money is spent, especially when it comes to big ticket items, which his shoes are, at $500/pair.

Being disrespectful to women alienates a significant number of the people that will have the deciding vote in any clothing purchases.

He finally did answer the question by saying he's sold between 400 and 500 pairs of the Z02 shoes. Why alienate a significant portion of the population and then answer the question anyway? Just answer the fucking question without making an (even bigger) ass of yourself. He gained nothing by being disrespectful.

BNM

3. trailblazer18

trailblazer18 Well-Known Member

I agree that there are much smarter ways to go about his business idea, but he seems to be all in on the feast or famine route. Plus this way, Lavar gets fame that he never had, obviously he has a large ego to feed.

4. Boob-No-More

He really has no idea how delusional he is. Now that he thinks it's a lock Lonzo will got to the Lakers, he has upped his asking price to the shoe companies to 3 BILLION dollars (insert Dr. Evil laughter here).

He also said this about marketing to women:

"LaVar said he has sold 400 to 500 pairs of the $495 ZO2 shoes, and has no need to market his products to women."

Women may not be wearing his shoes, but in many households, they will be the ones deciding to buy them - or not.

As if I didn't hate the Lakers enough already. All this makes me really want his son to go to the Lakers, to be a total bust and for the Lakers to be stuck on the lottery treadmill SAC style.

BNM

5. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

In that it wishes it was the new Avia? :lol:

theprunetang and EL PRESIDENTE like this.
  6. BlazerCaravan

Does LaVar think this is a big number? At my job, if a signature shoe sold 500 units in a month, the people who designed it would be fired, the people who hired the designers would be fired, and the people who hired them would be fired too.

7. Boob-No-More

Like I said, truly delusional.

BNM

BlazerCaravan likes this.
  8. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Sounds like a "reality" show candidate

9. Schilly

Schilly Well-Known Member

The whole reality awareness thing with Lavar is concerning. The obsurdity of his appraisal of his sons talent is more than off base and then the idea that hey we can out shoe company the shoe companies is just fucking idiotic.

10. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely sure the moms of his market are actually taking time to listen to ball.
    If you asked most moms I know(working class moms) they wouldn't know who lavar ball is. Let alone the comments he made to a reporter.
    When I was a kid I worked to pay 60$ of the 80$ to buy Iverson's shoe.(Which I still have btw)
    My mother knew nothing of his past, nor his "practice rant" that happened shortly before I got the shoes.
    If she knew... I have my doubts that she'd let me buy the shoe.

But lets be honest here... These two reporters, Ball made the decision to not take the high ground on.
    I don't fault him for being a little upset, they trashed him as a father.
    Right or wrong, I don't know any former or current parent who wouldn't be offended by someone questioning their parenting abilities.
    Hell a friend of mine posted on her fb a couple days ago about a dm she received from a friend of a friend.
    This person told her she was a bad mom due to all the tats & post-gym workout photos she posts to her facebook/instagram.
    Heaven forbid she be proud that she takes care of herself, or support her husband... A talented tattoo artist.

Regardless if the truth was being spoken.
    I don't think any former or current parent on this board would be too silent with someone trashing their child or their parenting abilities.
    I still think Ball should've took the high ground, and not acted like a prepubescent child. But I'm not a parent, so I can't speak on my response to someone questioning my parenting.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    trailblazer18 likes this.
  11. BlazerCaravan

I'm sure Michael Jackson's dad used the same justifications.

12. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

How does this asshat get 5 pages of posts? Seriously?

13. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

Excuse my ignorance.. But I never liked his music, nor dancing. + I'm a millennial + music was never really my thing.(well at least people singing as I prefer listening to instruments, not voices.)
    Most I know about him is he dyed his skin white??? Maybe? idk was it a disease? or actually idc.
    Southpark had an episode on him, and he hung a child out a window? idk? maybe? or actually idc.

Sorry not trying to be disrespectful BC I just don't really know who MJ's dad is. I mean I googled "MJ's dad" and it came back with joe jackson... but I don't really care to know that story.

14. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Personally I'd like to thank lavar ball for his stupid comments which bring entertainment to the boring offseason.

15. BlazerCaravan

Michael Jackson's dad was an exploitive, abusive father who basically forced his family into show business, then exploited Michael as a child prodigy to make money with the Jackson 5. 90% of Michael's mental illness stems from the abuse he suffered while his dad exploited him to get rich as their manager.

LaVar Ball reminds me of Joe.

BBert likes this.
  16. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

Oh well okay.
    I was attempting to speak more generically though.

For example.
    You mentioned in the thread you made when you came back. Your wife and you were deciding if you wanted to have more kids.
    If someone(NOT ME) were to say that you're a bad parent because of the little bit of information you shared on this forum. How would you respond?
    I could never pretend to be in your shoes for several reasons. But I think you'd tell said person off. I don't think anyone would blame you for doing so either.(maybe you're one of the few who wouldn't dignify an uninformed person with a response)
    I think that's somewhat of what Ball was doing to the woman reporter. Regardless if her criticism was warranted or not.
    I think he went too far, and should've set an example for at the very least his kids.
    People can throw hate at you, and you still show class.
    But I personally can't speak on how I'd respond to a reporter, or random person saying my parenting abilities were wrong/bad simply because I don't have children. I can however see why he responded in such a way towards that reporter.

I still think he went too far. As well as the criticism she had for his parenting abilities is very warranted. I just would've never voiced said criticism like she did.
    I can just where Ball is coming from.

So there is zero confusion.
    I am not questioning your parenting abilities or anyone else.
    As I don't know anyone on this forum personally therefore I cannot have an opinion on said parenting abilities.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  17. Reep

Reep Well-Known Member

18. Boob-No-More

Yeah but, but, but...

UCLA losing to Kentucky had nothing to do with De'Aaron Fox absolutely destroying Lonzo Ball, it was because Lonzo's white teammates were too slow. I know it's true. His dad said so and he's a marketing genius who has sold nearly 500 pairs of shoes.

Actually, in this case, it probably was smart to say something totally outrageous to defect attention away from how thoroughly his son was abused by the much quicker Fox.

BNM

RipCityDSCPL, BBert and Reep like this.
  19. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

I'd pay good money to see hidden camera footage of Nike pretending to haggle over buying his shoe company.

Hey Lavar, are you sure you won't take 2 billion? Just string him along until he catches on. Would be amazing.

RipCityDSCPL and BonesJones like this.
  20. Boob-No-More

And please don't let the Lakers front office see this article. I REALLY won't them to draft Lonzo Ball, not because his dad is a jackass, not because I want the kid to fail, but because I think he's a poor fit next to D'Angelo Russell. The author makes a very good point. Both Russell and Ball are too slow footed to guard quick NBA point guards - which is one of Fox's biggest strengths. A Russell/Ball backcourt would get lit up nightly by today's fast, scoring point guards.

So, if the Lakers pass on Ball, who takes him. His dad has made it clear he doesn't want him playing anywhere but LA. The next seven teams all have a need at PG, but which one has the balls to say fuck LaVar and drafts his kid?

BNM