LBJ and Wade Discussing Playing in NY

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by Manhops23, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Manhops23

Manhops23 Hi Rim my name is Lebron!

Wade And LeBron Stuck At The Hip

2010. 2010. That is the magical year surrounding the NBA as most of the NBA's stars will be available in free agency for all the teams with big bucks and cap space to feast away on. For LeBron James and Dwyane Wade they might come as a package to any team interested, especially the New York Knicks.

According to Marc Berman of the New York Post, Wade admitted to having discussions with James about pairing up in New York and becoming probably the second best one-two tandem in NBA history (The first was Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen).

"It's not crazy," Wade told The Post in the visitor's locker room of Indiana's Conseco Fieldhouse. "It could happen. We both understand that. We both signed the same contract. We did it together. More than anything, it's fun to think about. It's exciting to know we both control our future. Will it happen? Who knows. He has something he's trying to accomplish in Cleveland. I have something I'm trying to accomplish in Miami. But up until 2010, it will be fun to think about."

Whether it will happen is still yet to be determined, but in the meantime it is still an interesting scenario to think about, thats not that far fetched - that Redeem Team bond is a very real consideration.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11396
    LBJ and Wade would be epic. Imo the fact that lebron is even talking to other players about playing NY is making the possibility of him being a knick that much realer.

2. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

It's all just speculation. It would be nice though.

The NBA would make so much money off this.

3. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

For a little while, but ultimately it would be on James and Wade to bring home the hardware.

4. AKIRA

AKIRA GO LAKERS!!!

more things

Whoa! 2nd best? ever heard of shaq and kobe? magic and kareem? come on man show some respect, and do your research.

anyway, this rumour has become way to overblown that when it comes down to it, peoples expectations of how dramatic it will be are going to come down fast, in my opinion, lebron is going to sign with the best deal, he has money on his mind before a ring, its become a little obvious, but he could still get a ring on the way anyway cause of his skill. wade has had a taste of championship glory, and he wants it a whole lot more, you see it in the difference in there styles of play, so i dont see why wade would sign with the knicks, yes they have made improvement, and they are one of my faveourite teams, but they arent going to get anywhere near a ring unless lebron, wade and a good supporting cast is their, which is looking more and more far-fetched everyday. the country is in economic crisis, and it should be illegal for lebron to earn what he intends on earning, greedy fuckin bastard.

5. MJordan

MJordan JBB JustBBall Member

In today's NBA that would be an extremely dominating duo....but it takes more than a duo to win a ring...they will need a third man like Dennis Rodman was and a bench that is dependable.

I would love to see these guys in Chicago...especially Wade since that is his birth place.

6. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

All three of Wade, Lebron, and Bosh could all go to Miami, while still having Beasley.

PG-Who cares
    SG-Dwyane Wade
    SF-Lebron James
    PF-Michael Beasley
    C- Chris Bosh

Not sure why they just don't go all to Miami.

But if the Knicks could pull this off, kudos to them.

7. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    The PG would be my boi, Mario Chalmers.

8. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

Wow, I didn't see that they had Chalmers locked in for a third year team option at a low price. I thought he was on the typical 2 year 2nd rounder deal.

PG-Mario Chalmers
    SG-Dwyane Wade
    SF-Lebron James
    PF-Michael Beasley
    C- Chris Bosh

It's just a matter of these guys realizing that they can all three come in the same place in Miami, instead of going to New York...and they'd still have Chalmers and Beasley.

As long as Miami would be willing to commit to Chalmers/Beasley when they're due up for extensions, that team could dominate the NBA for a good 8-10 years. They would break the Bulls record, most certainly.

But...like all crazy NBA scenarios, that probably won't happen.

9. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

Dwyane Wade just said there is no chance of him going to the Knicks, and that the NY Post miscontrued his quotes.

Wade, I think, is obviously talking about Lebron coming to play in Miami with him.

10. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I wonder what type of deal LeBron signs for. Does he do another 3 year deal or does he sign a max offer?

11. xflavioVC15x

xflavioVC15x Member

Student
    Both of them are staying with their teams