Leading Blazer Playoff scorer

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by swish3, May 22, 2019.

1. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Um.. Outlaw could play Defense...

2. swish3

swish3 Well-Known Member

In the opening post of this thread on May 22, I asked the following question:
    In the first half of WCF Game 4, Meyers was 5 of 6 swish3s and 10 of 12 FG, a shooting % of 83.3 that has not been achieved by any other Blazer. Has there ever been a better shooting performance by a Blazer in the Playoffs?

Now that the Playoffs are over and nearly 1 month has elapsed without an answer, and apparently no one has scored better against the GSW, I conclude that this is the new record for Blazer performance against GSW (or any team) in the Playoffs. This talent forms the foundation upon which we will build the 2020 NBA Championship team!

3. blazerfan11

blazerfan11 Well-Known Member

Dunks? Seriously?
    The guy shot 63% on 2-point shots. Do you understand THAT’S NEARLY THE SAME AS DEANDRE JORDAN. And certainly better than Jusuf Nurkic.

Is it OK for Kevin Durant to shoot threes? He’s much more able to get to the rim (and get a foul call) than Meyers Leonard.
    Meyers shot 45% on threes, so call me crazy, but I would have liked to see him shoot more of them. I will take a made 3-pointer over a dunk.

swish3 likes this.
  4. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    He probably would have been a better defensive player if had season minutes. To me, it looks like Jake lost his magic with Stotts. THE TEAM had horrible defense against GS and that is a coaching flaw.