Lebron Best Small Forward in the Game

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by Brasco, Sep 2, 2005.

1. 50

50 JBB JustBBall Member

Thank you GiantMidget.

2. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GotSkillz92:</div><div class="quote_post">Better all around player? Did I mention that Lebron scores more and has more assists also? This year LBJ will make the playoffs. They've finally added shooters to the league and better depth at the bench. Cleveland has been great building a supporting cast for LBJ. LBJ was better in highschool than T-Mac was and whats with this body gossip? LBJ worked to have that body, its not something thats given to him. If T-Mac wouldve played well then he would've started but he didnt impress since he was considered a show-off his first years. LBJ showed maturity and skills so thats why he started.</div>

Buddy, Lebron scored more than T-Mac ebcause T Mac played with Yao who is another big threat offensively, and Bob Sura scored well to. Lebron doesn't have any offense on his team till this year so I expect his numbers to go down. Again Lebron had a freak body at 18 while T Mac had to build his. Lebron started because he was Lebron in his rookie year if he would've come off the bench they would've called for Silas' head on a platter and we all know it. T Mac's first years where in the VC era in Toronto so he didn't get to shine and let's not forget ti takes time for most HS players to develop in the NBA and T Mac did it rather quickly while Lebron was already built to play. Still until Lebron wins a scoring title, has a 62 point game, beats the champions by himself in what...18 seconds, or get to the playoffs then you can compare him to Tracy but as of now T Mac is the best SF in the Game.

3. bryce40ww

bryce40ww JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker15:</div><div class="quote_post"> Again Lebron had a freak body at 18 while T Mac had to build his. </div>
    I agree that Tmac is probably the best currently, and it will be a couple years before Lebron takes the title of best small forward. At the same time, I'm really tired of people saying that Lebron was handed his superstardom in the NBA. Lebron didnt just turn into some ripped and incredibly fit man one day. It takes intense training and dedication to be in as amazing condition as he is. He also earned his starting spot because he was the best at the position on the team. Vince started ahead of Tmac because he was better at the time, and thats nobody's fault but Tmacs. Both tmac and lebron are amazing players, and i think that this year will be a true indicator of who is better. For now its tmac, but not for long. I dont mean to critizize you in particular playmaker, but im pissed off about people saying lebron didnt have to work for what he got.

4. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

I also think T-Mac was the better player last year. They are both talented offensively, but T-Mac's defense was way better than LeBron's defense. I think this year LeBron will become the best SF, because he will put up great stats, make the playoffs (barring any injury) and improve defensively under Mike Brown.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Again Lebron had a freak body at 18 while T Mac had to build his.</div>

What kind of a lameass excuse is that? You think LeBron just magically pumped up to 240 at 18 years old? I myself think T-Mac was the best SF last year, but this year, LeBron should easily be the best SF.

5. Bleed Green

Bleed Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Richy-Rich:</div><div class="quote_post">It's because of those shooters that Tmac doesn't average as many points. It's a two way street, team mates can either help or hurt stats. Do you really think C Webb is garbage? He'll adjust but I'm just making an example of these effects. Tmac is a better scorer by far, defender by far, and leader by far. these qualities have little to do with stats. Ron Artest could average 5 more points a game he's just in a system that doesn't need him to.</div>

So the shooters took the ball away from T-Mac. Please Lebron averaged 7.1 apg. That means he passed the ball alot more than T-Mac. That saying he still averaged more points than T-Mac. C-Webb was put in a team that had been together for half a season. It's like an exchange student going 2 a new school. He's far behind and he needs to catch up. The coach didnt have anyplays and they didnt know how to involve C-Webb in the game. That saying, i think if C-webb is healthy he can average his dbl-dbl and more. U said T-mac had better defense, leadership, and scorer. Lebron averaged more points, Lebron averaged more steals and rebounds, and Lebron led his team to a winning record. I dont know about leadership because im not a houston rocket but LBJ shows alot of maturity and leadership when he plays basketball.

6. Bleed Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker15:</div><div class="quote_post">Buddy, Lebron scored more than T-Mac ebcause T Mac played with Yao who is another big threat offensively, and Bob Sura scored well to. Lebron doesn't have any offense on his team till this year so I expect his numbers to go down</div>
    Lebron had dwight gooden and Zydrunas Illguaskas. Z was an all star and Dwight averaged a double double every night. Z scored 16 ppg and gooden averaged 12 ppg. U mentioned sura who was out for a good part of last season with an injury and Yao who only played 30 minutes a game. That saying Gooden averaged more points than Sura and Z and Yao almost averaged the same amount. So you cant say Lebron always had the ball becase his teammates scored more points then T-mac's did.

7. Iguodala

Iguodala JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker15:</div><div class="quote_post">Buddy, Lebron scored more than T-Mac ebcause T Mac played with Yao who is another big threat offensively, and Bob Sura scored well to. Lebron doesn't have any offense on his team till this year so I expect his numbers to go down. Again Lebron had a freak body at 18 while T Mac had to build his. Lebron started because he was Lebron in his rookie year if he would've come off the bench they would've called for Silas' head on a platter and we all know it. T Mac's first years where in the VC era in Toronto so he didn't get to shine and let's not forget ti takes time for most HS players to develop in the NBA and T Mac did it rather quickly while Lebron was already built to play. Still until Lebron wins a scoring title, has a 62 point game, beats the champions by himself in what...18 seconds, or get to the playoffs then you can compare him to Tracy but as of now T Mac is the best SF in the Game.</div>
    AMEN![​IMG]

8. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

I was gonna say O no doubt Lebron is the best. But I keep forgetting that T-Mac plays the 3 too. I just think of him as a 2. But Lebron played the 2 alot too. So I'm not gonna say the T-Mac is way better then Lebron. I'm gonna say T-Mac edges him out. Say if Lebron had Yao he'd probaly have 50 wins instead of 51 like T-Mac. U know that 1 game edge out.

9. Mo.Matik

Mo.Matik JBB JustBBall Member

YOo dont hate on AK guys. Thats messed up, the dudes beastly. You guys are just pissed because he only played in 37 games last season, but hes gonna show up with his 3.32 bpg and play ball.

T-Macs ahead of Lebron IMO. Mostly because Lebron needs to prove a lot to top Tmac. Lebrons well on his way though, after a couple of seasons who knows, maybe I'll like Lebron more. As of right now though, its all McGrady. (I watch that 13 in 35 clip almost everyday and I love it how everytime I always get chills down my spine.)

10. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

Hype-wise........Lebron is the best player EVER!! According to teenagers. But in reality he's reduced to being just a young talent. I'd hold off on saying that he'll eventually be better than Tmac, being Mcgrady's still getting better too. Lebron might turn out to be better, or might not. Right now, the clear advantage goes to Mcgrady.

11. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

On the real if T-Mac was set to be a star player on the Raptors with no Vince. He wouldn't be able to do what Lebron did his rookie and this past year. I mean that's just how I feel about that. So unless he has mental slump like say Nick Anderson. Lebron should be able to top T-Mac by the 2k6/7 season. That's just my opinion of course.

12. Bleed Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 30 standing ver:</div><div class="quote_post">On the real if T-Mac was set to be a star player on the Raptors with no Vince. He wouldn't be able to do what Lebron did his rookie and this past year. I mean that's just how I feel about that. So unless he has mental slump like say Nick Anderson. Lebron should be able to top T-Mac by the 2k6/7 season. That's just my opinion of course.</div>
    He's already topped him. His averages 27-7-7. McGrady's stats arent even close. And you cant involve the playoffs because the cavs will definetely make it this year.

13. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GotSkillz92:</div><div class="quote_post">He's already topped him. His averages 27-7-7. McGrady's stats arent even close. And you cant involve the playoffs because the cavs will definetely make it this year.</div>
    Stats wise, Lebron had a good season. But Tmac is simply a better player, and by far. First off, Tmac is a better leader. Second, he plays better under pressure. Third, he's a much better defender than Lebron (who isn't much of one). Not to mention, again, Mcgrady carried the Rockets to 50+ wins last year, and was the best player in the series with the Mavs. Though we lost, Tmac showed that he can step up his game when it counts. Why didn't Lebron?

14. TheAnswer2

TheAnswer2 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">The biggest cop out for Lebron lovers is "look at what Lebron has done his first years compared too". What he's accomplished in his first 2 years has nothing to do with what he's going to do for the next 10 years. Right now, Tmac is much better. Need proof, watch them play against each other. Tmac has outplayed Lebron every time they play. Lebron might have had better scoring numbers, but Tmac can put up 27pts a night ANY time of the year. Yes I am Rocket fan, but there is no comparison between Tmac and Lebron. Lebron has ways to go...................</div>

Exactly. And tell me, all you LeBron lovers, just how you know Lebron hasn't peaked? He could plateau right now and not improve in any stat for the next 10 years...Just because he's young and is athletic doesn't mean he will get better, look at what Darius Miles has become.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GotSkillz92:</div><div class="quote_post">Totally disagree. The 1st 2 years are a preview of whats going 2 happen for the next 10 years. Lebron is already better than Tracy. LBJ averages more points, rebounds, steals, same blocks, assists, more minutes and a better fg %. You cant even mention tracy in the playoffs because he has never even passed the 1st round. LBJ is also a better team player. The Cavs werent that great but you dont see him calling out names and even saying that he didnt play for a real a whole lot of last season. LBJ can score 30 pts any time of the season anytime too. And LBJ has only been in the year for 2 years and T-Mac has 6. LBJ will be and already is twice the player T-mac will ever be.</div>

This is just stupid. I think we can agree that Lebron averages those numbers because his team wasn't as good as TMacs. And, if you remember Lebron averaged 25 ppg until the last few weeks of the season when he stopped passing and started scoring. I think his APG dropped from 7.8 to 7.1 at that time (I know this for a fact, because he was neck and neck with Iverson in this category).

I think if you put Lebron NOW into TMacs old Orlando team he would average what TMac did, his ASTs would be down because who else are you going to pass too. And don't give this crap like Gooden and them back then were a solid squad, because they were crap. McGrady was the only consistent scorer on that team.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GotSkillz92:</div><div class="quote_post">LBJ shouldve made the playoffs. But this year the cavs are a plug-in. In the playoffs we'll see the real LBJ. And maybe theyll pass the 1st round, something T-mac could never do.</div>

Should've. But didn't. In the east. TMac won't make it past? Put Lebby in the west and see if he makes it over .500. Just like Lebby should've made the playoffs TMac should've made it past the first round...they had a real chance.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bryce40ww:</div><div class="quote_post">ebron didnt just turn into some ripped and incredibly fit man one day. It takes intense training and dedication to be in as amazing condition as he is. He also earned his starting spot because he was the best at the position on the team.For now its tmac, but not for long. I dont mean to critizize you in particular playmaker, but im pissed off about people saying lebron didnt have to work for what he got.</div>

Actually, it's very possible that Lebron could've grown into his body. He was 240 in high school, while McGrady probably weighed 25 pounds lighter. I know a few people who, during puberty, grow into incredibly ripped bodies without lifting a weight, so until you give me some proof that Lebron lifted to get his body I don't believe you. Plus..it might be hard for McGrady to put weight on. He's skinny as all hell, and some people (like Iverson) just don't gain weight as easily as you make it sound.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">I think this year LeBron will become the best SF, because he will put up great stats, make the playoffs (barring any injury) and improve defensively under Mike Brown.</div>

Give proof please. Oh yea, McGrady also improved himself mentally. He took leadership classes when he was on the Magic, so it's obvious he made an effort to win with a team like that.

15. Bleed Green

[quote name='TheAnswer2']Exactly. And tell me, all you LeBron lovers, just how you know Lebron hasn't peaked? He could plateau right now and not improve in any stat for the next 10 years...Just because he's young and is athletic doesn't mean he will get better, look at what Darius Miles has become.

Darius Miles is the worst comparison to LBJ i have ever heard. Lebron had 100 times more talent and recognition then miles had. LBJ had a great rookie year and a great sophomore year. There's no reason for him to sink. He's just getting better every year. That makes it even more scarier.

This is just stupid. I think we can agree that Lebron averages those numbers because his team wasn't as good as TMacs. And, if you remember Lebron averaged 25 ppg until the last few weeks of the season when he stopped passing and started scoring. I think his APG dropped from 7.8 to 7.1 at that time (I know this for a fact, because he was neck and neck with Iverson in this category).

His team wasnt as good win wise but his top 2 teammates scored more than T-mac's Yao and Sura. Considering Sura was hurt a large part of the season and Yao only played 30 mpg. And LBJ scored more points while averaging 7 apg and 7 rpg. Thats being a complete player. AND WHAT THE HELL ARE U TALKING BOUT HIS STATS WENT UP AND DOWN. IF THE CAVS NEEDED TO WIN, THEN LEBRON SCORES MORE. dont come with those stupid theories about his stats. It doesnt matter how the stats we're achieved as long as theyre in the paper.

I think if you put Lebron NOW into TMacs old Orlando team he would average what TMac did, his ASTs would be down because who else are you going to pass too. And don't give this crap like Gooden and them back then were a solid squad, because they were crap. McGrady was the only consistent scorer on that team.

Consistant ballhog. Before Lebron came the cavs only won 17 games. Thats even less then what T-mac did with the magic. So the Cavs were a far worse team then the magic. Those wins went up to 38 and then 42. Thats progress every year.

Should've. But didn't. In the east. TMac won't make it past? Put Lebby in the west and see if he makes it over .500. Just like Lebby should've made the playoffs TMac should've made it past the first round...they had a real chance.

SHOULDVE but they didnt just like Lebron and the Cavs. The fact that T-mac could'nt accomplish more than Francis team with a better roster is sad. T-mac had a better yao and all those key moves they did in the season. We dont know about Lebron in the west and we'll never know but when t-mac was in the magic he never pasted the first round and left with a 21 win game season.

Actually, it's very possible that Lebron could've grown into his body. He was 240 in high school, while McGrady probably weighed 25 pounds lighter. I know a few people who, during puberty, grow into incredibly ripped bodies without lifting a weight, so until you give me some proof that Lebron lifted to get his body I don't believe you. Plus..it might be hard for McGrady to put weight on. He's skinny as all hell, and some people (like Iverson) just don't gain weight as easily as you make it sound.

O' God so its gods fault that Lebron had a better body. Lebron worked hard for his body. He didnt just grow all those muscles all of a sudden and become a talented player. No, Lebron worked hard for it. Puberty doesnt grow muscles. Puberty has to do with your facial and physical attributes like facial hear, etc. DOnt make excuses of why t-mac was benched his rookie year while Lebron excelled.

16. naterobinson9

naterobinson9 JBB JustBBall Member

no hes not just best sf in the league

lebron is the best player in the league also

17. TheAnswer2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GotSkillz92:</div><div class="quote_post">O' God so its gods fault that Lebron had a better body. Lebron worked hard for his body. He didnt just grow all those muscles all of a sudden and become a talented player. No, Lebron worked hard for it. Puberty doesnt grow muscles. Puberty has to do with your facial and physical attributes like facial hear, etc. DOnt make excuses of why t-mac was benched his rookie year while Lebron excelled.</div>

Actually, I'm not. I don't doubt that Lebron worked for his skills and game. I mean, how easy is it to be 6'8 and be as quick as a guard? All I'm saying is that it's possible that he just filled into his 245 lbs.

Until you give me some proof that he used to lift (which isn't healthy in your early years of high school) then I'll believe you. But until then, I'm going to assume he grew into his body and was more NBA ready than McGrady.

18. Bleed Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheAnswer2:</div><div class="quote_post">Actually, I'm not. I don't doubt that Lebron worked for his skills and game. I mean, how easy is it to be 6'8 and be as quick as a guard? All I'm saying is that it's possible that he just filled into his 245 lbs.

Until you give me some proof that he used to lift (which isn't healthy in your early years of high school) then I'll believe you. But until then, I'm going to assume he grew into his body and was more NBA ready than McGrady.</div>
    This post is so stupid and ignorant. How does he fill into a body. He works out and becomes more built. If he was more nba ready then thats become LBJ worked more harder. he practiced more and he lifted weights more. dont come up with a sorry excuse that T-mac didnt have a good body because god didnt give it 2 him.

19. TheAnswer2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GotSkillz92:</div><div class="quote_post">This post is so stupid and ignorant. How does he fill into a body. He works out and becomes more built. If he was more nba ready then thats become LBJ worked more harder. he practiced more and he lifted weights more. dont come up with a sorry excuse that T-mac didnt have a good body because god didnt give it 2 him.</div>

This is probably coming from a guy who is 22 lbs overweight and is chewing on a twinkie. Talk to trainers and try to learn more about bodyweight before you start calling me 'ignant'

20. Bleed Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheAnswer2:</div><div class="quote_post">This is probably coming from a guy who is 22 lbs overweight and is chewing on a twinkie. Talk to trainers and try to learn more about bodyweight before you start calling me 'ignant'</div>

yo jackass have u seen me? I'll probably beat you in every sport possible. Asking for information about training isnt ignant stupid. you are ignorant because you making excuses for t-mac. hop of his u know what and mine too ***. and im chewing on your moms twinkies BTW