Lebron Best Small Forward in the Game

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by Brasco, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Seattle.

Seattle. JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheAnswer2:</div><div class="quote_post">When has TMac blamed others?</div>

Now I wasn't a huge basketball fan when T-Mac was in Orlando but my impression of his tenure there is that he did a lot of finger-pointing when they were unsuccessful.

The Cavs have been unsuccessful (I consider success making the playoffs) and you didn't see Bron blaming anyone. He handled the collapse of his team much more maturely than T-Mac did.

2. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Seattle.:</div><div class="quote_post">Now I wasn't a huge basketball fan when T-Mac was in Orlando but my impression of his tenure there is that he did a lot of finger-pointing when they were unsuccessful.</div>
    Nice try, but Tmac doesn't play for Orlando anymore. His days in Orlando are over like the Lakers championship run (sorry Kobe). Lebron had a good all around season last year, but Tmac is a better player. Tmac is a better leader too. There is no comparison at this point. If you can't make the playoffs in the east, then you have problems.

3. Bleed Green

Bleed Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">Nice try, but Tmac doesn't play for Orlando anymore. His days in Orlando are over like the Lakers championship run (sorry Kobe). Lebron had a good all around season last year, but Tmac is a better player. Tmac is a better leader too. There is no comparison at this point. If you can't make the playoffs in the east, then you have problems.</div>
    Correct, he plays for the rockets and he still has never made the 2nd round in 6 years. The Cavs have been a bad team with no talent the 2 years LBJ was there. but this year they surrounded him with weapons. You cant compare leadership because you're not in the team.

4. amador08

amador08 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting The Manchurian Candidate:</div><div class="quote_post">When has TMAC performed in the playoffs? </div>
    Did you watch the Playoffs last year or are you just throwing things out there?
    Even though I am not a big T-Mac or Rocket fan I give him credit he was killing and he got them as far as they could go last year so please dont say when he has performed.. When has Lebron been to the playoffs and performed?

5. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GotSkillz92:</div><div class="quote_post">Correct, he plays for the rockets and he still has never made the 2nd round in 6 years. The Cavs have been a bad team with no talent the 2 years LBJ was there. but this year they surrounded him with weapons. You cant compare leadership because you're not in the team.</div>
    Another Lebron stan stuck in denial. Cleveland has had more than enough talent to make the playoffs (especially in the East). If teams with below 500. records can make the playoffs, then you shouldn't make silly excuses. Tmac has helped Yao take his game to another level, that's the sign of a leader.

6. bballer768484

bballer768484 JBB JustBBall Member

If you saw lebrons performance last night against the Hornets, there should be no debate whether he is the best small forward in the NBA, Period.

7. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bballer768484:</div><div class="quote_post">If you saw lebrons performance last night against the Hornets, there should be no debate whether he is the best small forward in the NBA, Period.</div>
    He had a good game.............I'm happy for him. But it's a 82 game season, and he still has 81 more left. Then again, if the playoffs started today, atleast he'd be in the playoffs[​IMG] .

8. Brasco

Brasco JBB JustBBall Member

The cavs are at a point now where if Lebron was injured for the season they could still sneek in at a 7th or 8th.

9. TheAnswer2

TheAnswer2 JBB JustBBall Member

Don't you think it's foolish to judge someone on ONE game?

10. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Johnnybrasco:</div><div class="quote_post">The cavs are at a point now where if Lebron was injured for the season they could still sneek in at a 7th or 8th.</div>
    Nah, without LeBron, the Cavs are nothing, IMO. No one else on the team can be labaled as a true scorer like LeBron, and I wouldn't exactly trust Luke Jackson starting at the 3. The Cavs' other 4 starters(Big Z, Hughes, Snow, and Gooden) are not scoring threats what so ever...So yeah, I don't even want to think about how bad the Cavs would be without LeBron in the lineup...

11. TheAnswer2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting UKOwnstheSEC:</div><div class="quote_post">Nah, without LeBron, the Cavs are nothing, IMO. No one else on the team can be labaled as a true scorer like LeBron, and I wouldn't exactly trust Luke Jackson starting at the 3. The Cavs' other 4 starters(Big Z, Hughes, Snow, and Gooden) are not scoring threats what so ever...So yeah, I don't even want to think about how bad the Cavs would be without LeBron in the lineup...</div>

While I agree, Hughes averaged 20 on a team with 2 other scoring threats last year.

He's a scoring threat.

12. Brasco

with hughes, marshall, z(top 5 center) with damon jones and gooden that alone is good enough to make it to at least the 8th in the east, just saying.

13. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheAnswer2:</div><div class="quote_post">Don't you think it's foolish to judge someone on ONE game?</div>

Or how about the 80 he played last year?

[​IMG] @ McGrady over LeBron. That's laughable.

Give me LeBron anyday. 27, 7, 7, and 2 as a 20 year old?! Unheard of.

LeBron can play 3 positions on the court, is one of the most unselfish players in the game, and is very efficient.

He shot 47 percent from the field last year. When was the last time McGrady did that? Never.

LeBron gets to the FT line more than McGrady ever has. His jumpshot continues to improve.

The only thing McGrady has over LeBron, is his explosiveness. Can't really argue with that one. LeBron has a solid 30 lbs on TMac.

Sorry, but give me LeBron any day, without a doubt.

14. TheAnswer2

I like the 'stats' you spewed out, but if he's one of the most unselfish in the game, how come his apg slipped in the last few games of the season and his ppg went up? Remember when he dropped 56, and started going off in all those games? He lost total confidence in his team, LeBron has to work on keeping everyone in the game for 82 games, not until after the all star break.

15. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheAnswer2:</div><div class="quote_post">I like the 'stats' you spewed out, but if he's one of the most unselfish in the game, how come his apg slipped in the last few games of the season and his ppg went up? Remember when he dropped 56, and started going off in all those games? He lost total confidence in his team, LeBron has to work on keeping everyone in the game for 82 games, not until after the all star break.</div>
    Why did you put quotes around stats?

Your argument is terrible.

His last few games? Hmmm, how 'bout the last 2 months? Would you consider that the last few games? Yeah, well his assists numbers really took a dive, to 6.3. Wow, thats barely slipping in my opinion.

If you've watched him play, their is no way you can argue that he is not unselfish. That's what makes him so special. It's hard to have confidence in guys that have let you down all season, also.

It's funny how you criticize LeBron for his APG going down (to 6.3) when Tracy McGrady, the guy many of you consider to be the best SF, has never even broken 6 APG in his career, even by playing with Vince Carter and Yao Ming. LeBron hasn't even had the chance to play with players of the caliber of VC or Yao.

16. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting STCBBall3:</div><div class="quote_post">Or how about the 80 he played last year?

[​IMG] @ McGrady over LeBron. That's laughable.

LeBron can play 3 positions on the court, is one of the most unselfish players in the game, and is very efficient.

He shot 47 percent from the field last year. When was the last time McGrady did that? Never.

LeBron gets to the FT line more than McGrady ever has. His jumpshot continues to improve.

The only thing McGrady has over LeBron, is his explosiveness. Can't really argue with that one. LeBron has a solid 30 lbs on TMac.

Sorry, but give me LeBron any day, without a doubt.</div>
    Tmac is a better 3pt shooter, a better leader, a better defender, and is argubly the best clutch player in the game. Lebron might have put up better numbers, but Tmac is a more polished player. Tmac's abilitly to turn his game up a 10 notches, makes him a Top 5 player. Lebron can score, but he hasn't shown that fire to will his team to victory yet. He also hasn't dominated other superstars on a consistent basis. The jury is still out on this kid...................

17. TheAnswer2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">Tmac is a better 3pt shooter, a better leader, a better defender, and is argubly the best clutch player in the game. Lebron might have put up better numbers, but Tmac is a more polished player. Tmac's abilitly to turn his game up a 10 notches, makes him a Top 5 player. Lebron can score, but he hasn't shown that fire to will his team to victory yet. He also hasn't dominated other superstars on a consistent basis. The jury is still out on this kid...................</div>

While I agree with you, I have to ask to stop exaggerating. The best clutch player in the league? Please, I'd take Kobe, or Iverson over him, and no, not becaus AI hit 2 game winners last season, but because he always seems to come up with what you need to win, whether 2 points or a steal.

Lmao, 10 notches? You like the guy huh? He can elevate his game, but he's getting better because he's starting to realize that 90% of the game is mental..ie defense.

18. Lostmyluggage

Lostmyluggage JBB JustBBall Member

I don't exactly understand how one can even try to compare Tmac to LeBron. Tmac's playoff experience is a moot point. Tmac will openly admitt that he is not as good as LeBron any day of the week.

19. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting STCBBall3:</div><div class="quote_post">
    </div>

Apparently you have never heard of Oscar Robertson.

20. Brasco

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jurassic:</div><div class="quote_post">Apparently you have never heard of Oscar Robertson.</div>

was robertson 20 when he did that?