OT LeBron James said Kyle Rittenhouse should 'knock it off' after the teen cried during murder trial

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by BigGameDamian, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

He is a hero for right now

And that's not emotion, that's a fact

He's going to be doing tours all over conservative news networks. He's going to get in internship offer from republican Gaetz, more and more republican politicians will be all over him with praise and opportunity, Trump will want some photo ops and probably take credit for him getting off.

2. SlyPokerCat

SlyPokerCat cats rool dogs drool

Kyle is a doofus and was up to no good. But, the prosecution didn't prove enough for the jury to convict. Do I think he had bad intentions and was being a piece of crap? Probably. He should have gotten in trouble for weapons but apparently Wisconsin didn't have that law. If people are upset fight to change the laws and use your vote correctly.

Unless people think the jury were all a bunch of 2nd amendment gun nuts. Good on them if they followed the law and didn't let emotions get the best of them. Remember, interpretation of law can vary from person to person. But, many times it is pretty black and white in terms of the law because of all the scenarios people have come up with and all the court cases that have been heard in the past.

Hoopguru, bigbailes and Phatguysrule like this.
  3. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

It would be nice if in this day and age we'd just agree to make it so nobody is desperate enough to go out into streets to cause violence...

But no. It's much better to have arbitrary rules which hold people down so we can take advantage of them.

Then we can get mad at them when they get frustrated and protest.

Then both sides can be happily mad at each other!

4. Phatguysrule

Maybe, but this isn't the cause...

5. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

Totally

Orion Bailey likes this.
  6. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I just hope this doesn't lead to more kids walking around with assault rifles and killing people.

7. Phatguysrule

That's inevitable unless we address the real problems.

8. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

9. bigbailes

bigbailes Well-Known Member

For me it has nothing to do with defending KR but the facts of the case from what was reported didn't have him murdering anyone. Was the kid looking for trouble? Yea probably and he found it and is EXTREMELY lucky that he went up against an incompetent prosecution!

10. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

labeling him a hero is absolutely not a fact. Its an opinion and that opinion is based on politically driven emotions.
    He is no hero to me and you know where my political leanings lie.

tester551 likes this.
  11. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

sounds like it.

12. SlyPokerCat

Kyle certainly isn't a hero. He is a lucky doofus. He is lucky he didn't get killed that night. He is lucky he wasn't convicted.

Phatguysrule and bigbailes like this.
  13. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. Chris Craig

Watch. I'm right. He will be a hero to the right. He already is. Maybe not to you, but to the most of the rest of your party. He is a MAGA hero.

You are a small minority in your party. The Republicanism you stand by barely exists anymore.

15. bigbailes

You're going to be 'right' about water being wet. Yea the Republicans will hail him as a hero, just like the left tried to make him into a villain, neither is right in what they've done to the kid. People that are rational will know he's no hero (or villain) no matter how hard the political machines try to make them.

Phatguysrule and Tweak like this.
  16. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

He jumped in his car and drove to a place where he factually knew there was violence occurring, strapped on his gun, walked down the streets. Now people are dead. I wonder what people would think if it was there son/brother who was killed. No doubt the people who died are dumbasses but they are dead because a teenager wanted to play cops and robbers.

17. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

Only in “great” Republican America is personal accountability a sin. Do and take whatever you can, and when called to account, lie, shed tears and blame others for your own actions. Amazing how often that works this “great” country. What a travesty. And yet there are people right here on SC2 who actually believe this cretin did absolutely nothing wrong. What the fuck is wrong with this country???? As absolutely shitty as the prosecution was, Rittenhouse should be doing life without parole. Period. End of argument.

18. Chris Craig

If it hadn't been some guys with criminal records he killed, maybe it would be seen differently.

19. bigbailes

I'm not debating that, I think KR is an idiot who was looking for a fight and he got one, only sadly he ended it for two others and wounded the 3rd. Go to my earlier posts, I don't for one second think the kid is hero for this exact reason!

Phatguysrule and Chris Craig like this.
  20. SlyPokerCat

The line of thinking that no matter what he should be in prison for the rest of his life is quite the slippery slope. Might as well throw everyone who shoots someone with a gun pointed at them in jail.

Tweak, bigbailes and Phatguysrule like this.