Lebron James (Superstardom? The Best?)

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by YaoMing03-04, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

No, he's not. Kobe is the best guard in the league. So far, you can't say that LJ is better than him, he's only in his second year, so to say that just downgrades everything that the likes of Kobe, Pierce, TMac, etc. have done and do still. LJ is good, but not even close to the best.

2. arhieboy

arhieboy JBB Banned Member

I wouldn't say that. Right now this year he is definately a top 5 stat loader in the league. Most likely 2nd. According to the player rater which considers every statistical implication plus versatility he is second with a score of 91. The highest, KG of course as a rank of 103. Kobe hah, 74, Pierce 78, Tmac- 62, AI 73, Ray Allen - 69. Right now is LBJ 's time to shine. No one can stop him. He'll jump higher than the highest jumpers, he'll pass better than the passers, and he'll outrebound the forwards. The future is now, this guy is the best talent in the league. Hes gonna do what carter never did, Live up to the potential.

3. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">KVH, Walker, and Ilgauskas have been putting up pretty good numbers so far. Are they superstars? I think not.</div>

Terrible comparison. I don't think those guys fill up stat sheets, they are all one dimensioned players.

4. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bballer768484:</div><div class="quote_post">Lebron james is simply amazing and i love to watch him play. He is hands down the best guard in the league and hes not even 20 yet. That is crazy. His jumper has improved and he his leaving nba fans in awww with is all over game. What do you guys think?</div>

LOL LOL LOL LOL <font size="4">LOL!</font>

5. Blew By You

Blew By You JBB JustBBall Member

I like Lebron as the next guy, but to say he's the best in only his second year is just disrespectful to guys like Kobe, Tmac, Pierce, Iversonm etc. Besides, it has only been a few games into the season and so his numbers could possibly drop in the year, he's not the best now but he could be in a few years at this rate(at guard).

And some implications your making is either false or disrespectful.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">He'll jump higher than the highest jumpers,</div>
    he won't, his vertical right now is around 38 so i don't think it'll get that much higher than that

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">According to the player rater which considers every statistical implication plus versatility he is second with a score of 91. The highest, KG of course as a rank of 103. Kobe hah, 74, Pierce 78, Tmac- 62, AI 73, Ray Allen - 69.</div>
    If KG's rank is 103, i'm 100% sure that player-rater thing is total BS.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Hes gonna do what carter never did, Live up to the potential.</div>
    Carter never lived up to the potential? what the hell do you call 27 ppg!? I remember people saying he'll only average around 16-17 ppg as his career numbers, so to say something like is just stupid. Pshh...

By the way, nice speech.

6. Glen Infante

Guys, guys, guys. Why are we making new threads with the same subject?

7. Glen Infante

<font color="red">Threads Merged</font>

8. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jurassic:</div><div class="quote_post">You mean like Tmac?</div>
    You have to also look at the team though, Ilguaskas, McInnis, and Snow are better than the Magics no center last year.

...but when the Magic had DA who was a leader and good PG, and Gooden was playing good, if they would've had a decent center they could've been pretty good. Having a center and PG make a big difference.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "mrj18":</div><div class="quote_post">Of course his numbers haven't gone below 20 because he's only played 7 games. KVH, Walker, and Ilgauskas have been putting up pretty good numbers so far. Are they superstars? I think not. Superstardom might have been written on James since HS but, that's just because it's in his future. James might have put up good numbers (far less superior to Jordan) in his few seven games as a sophomore but because of this that does not make him a superstar. I think I would have liked LeBron James much more if too many people weren't hyping up so much.</div>
    Huh? Let's bring some serious players into the ocnversation, KVH I have nothing to say about, and Walker is a guy that's versatile and all, but not a superstar.

Ilguaskas is a good center, but not a superstar player either, a very good center, but common.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Moo2K4":</div><div class="quote_post">No, he's not. Kobe is the best guard in the league. So far, you can't say that LJ is better than him, he's only in his second year, so to say that just downgrades everything that the likes of Kobe, Pierce, TMac, etc. have done and do still. LJ is good, but not even close to the best.</div>So far this year he's outperforming them all, but to say not even close, why would he be not even close?
    If he can keep the numbers up this year, he'll be better than all but Kobe and Tmac maybe, and arguable with them, and if he does keep those numbers up, Kobe will ahve to beat all his career highs except for in scoring in order to match his production.
    I don't think he's the best, but if he can keep doing this, and then next year improve even more, their should be no question about it then unless Kobe or Tmac start to improve even more, but at 26 and 27, and with Lebron then being 20, that's not likely to happen.

9. Glen Infante

:applauds:

Good post.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I think I would have liked LeBron James much more if too many people weren't hyping up so much.</div>

Obviously people still can't break through this hype thing. Just appreciate a talanted player when you see one. It's not a bad thing to join the crowd. I just notice that anti-LeBron fans are just wanting to be different to set yourself outside of the bandwagon or what ever you call it. It just makes things easier to express what you know. Deep down inside, everyone knows that LeBron is a great player, don't be afraid to say you think so too.

10. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Terrible comparison. I don't think those guys fill up stat sheets, they are all one dimensional players
    </div>

Didn't you say a superstar has to put up good numbers and have talent? KVH and Walker have one of the top effiency's in the league? I'm not going to say KVH but, Walker has talent. He's a big man that can play every position on the floor. I think a player more versatile than James can be considered talented. There's more to being a superstar than having good numbers and being talented.
    But, obviously your definition of a superstar is flawed because a superstar of your standards will include many mediocre players.

11. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Infante:</div><div class="quote_post">:applauds:

Good post.

Obviously people still can't break through this hype thing. Just appreciate a talanted player when you see one. It's not a bad thing to join the crowd. I just notice that anti-LeBron fans are just wanting to be different to set yourself outside of the bandwagon or what ever you call it. It just makes things easier to express what you know. Deep down inside, everyone knows that LeBron is a great player, don't be afraid to say you think so too.</div>

I never was denying LeBron James' exceptional talent however, who's hating when people start comparing LeBron James to the next Michael Jordan, or even worse and say better than MJ. I don't remeber what LeBron James has done that is better than Jordan. I'm not anti-LeBron and I do think LeBron James will be a great player in this league in his prime. The guy is a great
    basketball player at only 19 years of age but, the amount of rediculous things I've heard in this thread is crazy. [​IMG] Once LeBron gets the Cavs a 72 win season, with 6 championship rings, and every ignorant person in the world knows his name I'll join the bandwagan with the rest of you LeBron groupies.

12. arhieboy

arhieboy JBB Banned Member

First of all the player rater thingy ain't bogus. It actually will show u whos what according to how they are playing. Everyone knows that KG is the best player, he has the highest rating. And by the way, superstars in my view are those players who have higher than a 80. Just cuz Kobe is getting 28ppg doesn't make him a superstar. Hes definately an allstar, but he has to get those points efficiently, which he does not. lebron on the other hand, is very efficient this year. Right now so far, statistically KG, Dirk, Duncan, Lebron, Wade, are the only superstars. There will be other superstars and perhaps some of these guys will drop to an allstar level. Some allstars include, Baron Davis, Amare, Pierce, Kobe, Ben Wallace, Ray Allen, Richard Jefferson, and Ron artest. There are others playing at a level slightly below the allstar level, but they'l;l prolly get there. Walker, McGrady, AI, Jermaine Oneal, C-webb,Francis, Shaq, Marbury, Marion, Brand, Kirilenko, Boozer, and others. Then there are the players playing like shit, Carter, Stoyakavich, the bulls, etc. So I just want to finalize that right now Lebron is a superstar. And there are no signs showing that hes gonna slow down. Actually look for his numbers to go up. Reason 1. The franchise and the NBA don't care if what Lebron does on the court. Its his show and he can do whatever he wants. Reason 2. Hes a smart player. He knows when to dunk, shoot, pass or rebound. Reason 3. A young player only gets better.And he has good work ethic.

13. Blew By You

Blew By You JBB JustBBall Member

^statistics aren't the only attributes to a superstar and to say players like kobe and Tmac aren't superstars is just dumb.

14. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting arhieboy:</div><div class="quote_post">First of all the player rater thingy ain't bogus. It actually will show u whos what according to how they are playing. Everyone knows that KG is the best player, he has the highest rating. And by the way, superstars in my view are those players who have higher than a 80. Just cuz Kobe is getting 28ppg doesn't make him a superstar. Hes definately an allstar, but he has to get those points efficiently, which he does not. lebron on the other hand, is very efficient this year. Right now so far, statistically KG, Dirk, Duncan, Lebron, Wade, are the only superstars. There will be other superstars and perhaps some of these guys will drop to an allstar level. Some allstars include, Baron Davis, Amare, Pierce, Kobe, Ben Wallace, Ray Allen, Richard Jefferson, and Ron artest. There are others playing at a level slightly below the allstar level, but they'l;l prolly get there. Walker, McGrady, AI, Jermaine Oneal, C-webb,Francis, Shaq, Marbury, Marion, Brand, Kirilenko, Boozer, and others. Then there are the players playing like shit, Carter, Stoyakavich, the bulls, etc. So I just want to finalize that right now Lebron is a superstar. And there are no signs showing that hes gonna slow down. Actually look for his numbers to go up. Reason 1. The franchise and the NBA don't care if what Lebron does on the court. Its his show and he can do whatever he wants. Reason 2. Hes a smart player. He knows when to dunk, shoot, pass or rebound. Reason 3. A young player only gets better.And he has good work ethic.</div>

[​IMG] Are you serious?!?! Playing that statistics game is dumb. There is no way LBJ or Wade are at a higher level than McGrady, Kobe? Francis, Marbury, and Shaq playing less than an all-star level? According to those stats Kobe is a 78 or something so he isn't a superstar? Simply outrageous.

15. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Geez, how many Lebron/amazing/superstar/future Jordan threads are there on the damn site? Boring.

16. Glen Infante

[​IMG] This shit gets old and we see the same replies. LeBron haters come in not believing, and the fans backing up LeBron. Same bull different thread.

17. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Infante:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG] This shit gets old and we see the same replies. LeBron haters come in not believing, and the fans backing up LeBron. Same bull different thread.</div>

Don't forget about the LeBron groupies that unnessecarily hype him! And the JustBBall members just talking sense to some of them.

18. Glen Infante

No one is hyping him this season. They are evaluating and responding to his performance. Whats wrong with that? Do you go in the Lakers forum and bash the Kobe fans for appreciating his 28 ppg? Probably not. So don't do it here.

19. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

I'm not bashing LeBron. I've said it many times and I'll say it again LeBron James is a great player however, I've heard way too much stuff like he's going to be better than Jordan, and he's better than Kobe. The last time I checked that was hype. The point I'm trying to make is James isn't a superstar yet plain and simple. I have no problems with Cavs, or LeBron James fans. I just don't understand why some people aren't being realistic around here.

20. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

I've watched more than a few Cavs and Lakers games this year, and from what I've seen LeBron is playing better than Kobe right now. But 8 games is hardly enough of a sample to say he's already better than Kobe.

Their stats, so far:
    Lebron: 28.6 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 5.7 apg, .472 fg%, 2.4 spg, 1.6 bpg, 3.1 tpg, 44.4 mpg
    Kobe: 27.7 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 5.3 apg, .405 fg%, 1.2 spg, 1.3 bpg, 3.6 tpg, 41.7 mpg

I think its unlikely that LeBron will maintain his scoring pace at a 47.2% clip, and Kobe will probably pick up his scoring over the course of the season.