lebron+miles+ricky

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by cross yo ova, Jun 3, 2003.

1. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

No it's not ignorant because it's true. Can't dribble, can't shoot (not even free throws), has no basketball smarts. Defense is OK, I'll give him credit for that, but he is one of the worst PLAYERS (if you get what I'm trying to say with that) of the game in the league.

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

worse skills in the league? you must not watch much basketball or you don't recognize ability. miles is "raw" just like olskool pointed out. last year he tried to extend his game and he wasn't used to the double teams and being the "go to guy" so his shot selections were bad. he has the skillz to be a star in the league, he just needs more time to polish them. he is a very creative finisher and has the soft touch around the rim.

i don't think he will be the number one guy on a team either, but that doesn't mean he can't be a star in the league.

3. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

good point. saying hes the WORST IN THE LEAGUE is really dumb. at least hes a young player with frequent minutes in the NBA better than an old player with little to no minutes who cant stay in the league consistantly

4. sunsfan1357

Yes worst in the league was an over-exaggeration on my part, but I just wanted to make my point clear. Also, shapecity, raw is another word for HAVING TO SKILLS.

5. Shapecity

what does "having to skills" mean?

6. sunsfan1357

No skills I meant. Typo, no big deal. I would've thought you can decipher that especially since you knew what point I was trying to make.

7. olskoolfunktitude

thats not true at all. raw talent means athletic abillity that hasnt been properly focused or developed yet. its not hard to see potential in players who dont yetr have any real success in the league. some people are just late bloomers. miles is a good example. another even more extreme one is kedrick brown on the celtics. hes some of the best jumping and pure athletic abillity in the game but just hasnt learned the game enough to really unleash it. it doesnt mean these guys are never gonna do anything. it just might not be as soon as one owuld hope

8. Shapecity

actually i didn't know what you were saying, and you are wrong about your definition of raw. no skills is self-explanatory. being raw means you have natural ability and skills, but they just haven't been developed correctly yet. the kid is only 21, just wait for him to comeback healthy next season. he has the ability to be one of the rare 20-5-5 players in the league.

9. olskoolfunktitude

agreed though i think 20 points may be a little optimistic

10. sunsfan1357

Raw talent means having the athletic ability to be a great player in the league, but not having the skills yet to make a player a real threat. Why do you think when people talk about high schoolers being so raw they say what SKILLS have to be worked on.

11. olskoolfunktitude

but you cant say that raw means you have no skills

12. sunsfan1357

No skills, guess not. Just really bad skills. Guess I like to over-exaggerate a lot, eh?

13. olskoolfunktitude

Not even really bad skills. you can be incredibly skilled and still be raw. kobe was extremley raw coming out of high school. guess he had really bad skills too huh

14. Shapecity

yeah exactly, but they have skills already. maybe you are confusing skill with fundamentals? because i would agree miles does not have the proper fundamentals or knowledge of the game yet.

15. sunsfan1357

You can't have good skills and be raw. Having good skills means you have a polished game. Yes Kobe had bad skills coming out of high school, he had athletic ability though. Which is why there is such a long development period because it takes time for players to take in these skills and learn how to use them in a game.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">yeah exactly, but they have skills already. maybe you are confusing skill with fundamentals? because i would agree miles does not have the proper fundamentals or knowledge of the game yet.</div>

Maybe I'm confusing them, but I don't think I am. We just have a different perspective on this I guess.

16. olskoolfunktitude

no. you are confusing them

17. sunsfan1357

If you wanna think that go ahead. I don't think I'm confusing them at all.

18. truba03

truba03 JBB JustBBall Member

Wagner
    Davis
    James
    X
    Ilgauskas

Is a pretty strong SL, although inexperienced. With Miles coming off the bench, could maybe make the playoffs this year, if they could trade Miles for a PF they may do even better.

19. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

X = Boozer

20. grizzoistight

grizzoistight JBB JustBBall Member

Look Dmiles sucks..

He is the ONLY hs guy to produce worst numbers in his second year in the league.. and i think his numbers even got worst his third year :uh:
    He was 0 for 14 this year from three :roll: for the people who arent't too good with math.. thats 0%! For his career 4 for 52 from three.. ive had bac levels higher than that
    Not too mention this kid for his career has a higher turnover # than assits.. [​IMG]

Hes exactly whats wrong with the nba.. they draft these thugs who are long and athletic.. but have a crappy work ethic.. sure people loves dmiles becuz hes thug life.. and that he has the caddy on dubs.. but the kid obviously will never be a star