LeBron Signs With An Agent

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Shapecity, May 14, 2003.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">CLEVELAND (AP) -- Aaron Goodwin won his own LeBron James lottery.

James selected Goodwin as his agent Wednesday, a week before 13 NBA teams hope to land the high school star in the draft lottery. James' choice of Goodwin has been expected for months.

"I was looking for the best individual to guide me through some critical steps in my upcoming pro career, and Aaron Goodwin is my choice," James said in a statement released by his publicist.

Goodwin, who represents Milwaukee guard Gary Payton, has been part of the inner circle of the 18-year-old Ohio star for some time.

He attended several of James' St. Vincent-St. Mary games this season and sat courtside with his mother, Gloria, at last month's Jordan Classic All-Star game in Washington. Goodwin also attended the April 25 news conference at the school when James announced he was turning pro.

Goodwin recently accompanied James to meetings with representatives for Reebok and Adidas, two of the many companies making endorsement pitches to the possible No. 1 pick in next month's draft.

James will visit Nike officials this weekend at the company's headquarters in Beaverton, Ore.

Now that he has an agent, James is expected to begin signing a variety of deals, including a shoe contract that analysts believe could be worth more than $20 million.

Goodwin runs Goodwin Sports Management along with his twin brother, Eric, from offices in Seattle and Oakland, Calif.

Goodwin also represents Damon Stoudamire of the Portland Trail Blazers and Jamal Crawford of the Chicago Bulls.</div>