Leonard's Flagrant 2

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BlazerWookee, Apr 2, 2014.

1. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Exactly. TNT showed the definition of a flagrant 2 after the play, and that wasn't one.

2. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

Should have turned to the ref, punched him. Then took his shirt off and performed a justin bieber song while flipping off the whole shit l*ker crowd.

As for the lillard question bogut would have got a regular foul and when matthews or mo came over just to say hey not cool man he'd probably punch one of them and get a tech while they both got ejected. Then theyd eject dame for causing the problem by being fouled.

3. rasheedfan2005

Further more this just proves l*kers are whiney bitches. If it were me getting fouled like that I would have told him nice foul and told the refs to quit being pansies.

4. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Actually, it really didn't look like the Lakers were that upset about it. The refs went rushing in with their whistles blowing but none of the players looked like they were going to throw down. I think the whole thing was just blown out of proportion.

5. rasheedfan2005

This first l*ker that ran in was about to throw down but he got lost in biebs flowing hair and innocent stare. Refs were putting on a show for the crowd, nards keeping his composure was a good troll on what they were trying to manufacture

6. RoyToy

RoyToy Clown Town

Refs made the right call

And once again Leonard proves he's a fucking dipshit. God I hate him.

7. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Sounds like a nice, unbiased opinion on the officiating. Maybe you should see if the NBA is hiring.

8. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

The NBA has gotten soft but the bottom line is that it was a dumb play by Leonard! The game was already over.

9. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

Personally I think it was the right call by the refs. It could have gone either way but good time to teach the kid a lesson and exercise your referee discretion: don't go pulling a player down by the shoulders when they are shooting, players get hurt that way. Doing it when it was garbage time probably pushed the refs discretion into a flagrant 2 (wrong time to do something close to that and a flagrant 2 on Leonard isn't going to change the results of the game)

Can't the NBA change the call if they want to?

10. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

So he should have just let Marshall push off of him and get an easy score? I like that Leonard reacted and showed he isn't going to be pushed around, even late during a blow-out win. Why the fuck was Marshall even still in the game? Same with Nick Young.

Leonard didn't throw down Marshall. Marshall flopped his way into that foul when Meyers put his arm on Marshall.

Also, what's up with this board when a Blazer is getting shit for being physical with a LAKER???

FFS, some of you are just the worst fucking fans, willing to shit on a Blazer you dislike even after a nice road win against the Lakers.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  11. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

So, we're going to leave flagrant fouls at the discretion of the refs, and who needs to be taught "a lesson?"

That will go well for Portland...

12. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

No problem at all with a flagrant 2 being called IMO. Did it end up being a soft landing? Yes… but still dangerous. And calling it based on the aftermath would set a bad precedent. No play on the ball at all, unnecessary, and dangerous. :lol: at those saying it wasn’t a flagrant 2, who think they wouldn’t be blowing a gasket had it been a Laker pulling down a Blazer

13. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

not saying I didnt like some attitude by him though ;)

14. riverman

riverman Writing Team

While some might call that a dumb foul by Meyers, I think it's proof he reads these boards. That was old school, "naw, you're not going to shoot that on my watch without paying for it"...Charles Oakley would've loved it. I missed the 4th qtr last night but chuckled when I read he did this. Guy can't be tough without getting dissed by the fans, if he let the guy make the bucket he would've been reamed by the fans here. Kid just can't get a break. If anyone gets ejected from a game for fouling, I want it to be Meyers

15. Reep

Reep Well-Known Member

They are just so pathetic you have to feel sorry for them--and then smack the @#$%^ out of them.

16. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Exactly my point. Meyers is so far inside a few posters' heads here it's ridiculous.

17. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Trevor Ariza ruined Rudy Fernandez's career, and he didn't even get ejected from that game. Yet we have a handful of "fans" here wringing their hands because Kendall Marshall flopped his way into a flagrant 2 from a Blazer. It's stupid, and I don't consider some of these people "fans", since I read the same shit over and over from them, and it's mostly critical of the Blazers.

18. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

The NBA is soft....

19. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    The Flagrant 2 was called because the game was almost over. The refs preemptively ended any possible problems. From that point of view I agree with the call. However, if that's really a flagrant 2, the Charles Barkley committed flagrant 2s just about every game of his career (not to mention Rick Mahorn and others).

20. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    No kidding. Some of the posters here like to diss Meyers and give him femme nicknames, yet every time he's physical with someone they give him crap for that. The whole thing looked worse that it was. He's a geek. It was an accident. But to not appreciate the effort is just biased.