Leonard's Flagrant 2

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BlazerWookee, Apr 2, 2014.

1. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

Yes.

Refs interpret the rules and apply them . . . so yes refs flagrant fouls are at the discretion of the refs and the way they interpret the rules.

Unless a coach or fan can make that decision that I don't know about. If I had a vote, I would vote for you being the ref and calling Marshall for the flop, lol. (Leonard such a nice guy he apologized to Marshall for him flopping)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  2. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

Good post, I thought nards had some enforcer attitude in him last year, i welcome it. Enforcers have always been my favorite players on blazers. Sheed always fired up the team with a timely tech. Brian grant and karl malone elbowing eachother. The przy throwing up his dukes. All great moments in blazer history. Some attitude is good, I draw the line at drinking at half time like ron artest though. I have to admit I liked a few years ago when bynum leveled barea. As much as I hate l*kers that little flopping bitch needed a reason to hit the deck. I wish more floppers got taught a lesson like that.

3. blue32

blue32 Who wants a mustache ride?

Nards the enforcer! Now if he could just stop looking so scared and surprised every time! GET NASTY NARDS!! GET NASTY! Oh and cut the Bieber hair because you look soft with it.

4. Prue

Prue Member

If anything it comes across looking like its was just being lazy on his part. More of a "Meh, the game is over and I don't want to play D but I'm actually in the game now so I gotta make an effort...oh crap you're almost to the hoop I best do something..*panic*" Had he just took 1 step into the middle and put his arms straight up, even if he got scored on it would have been 10x better defense. He's young, he needs more development, but could train up and eventually become a oversized Buck Williams. Hard worker, stealing boards left and right, nice soft touch and eventually an enforcer. This foul though, it wasn't enforcing anything and just seemed lazy.

RoyToy likes this.
  5. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

good for him, fuck the lakers, also if you are gonna get a flagrant 2, MAKE THAT SHIT COUNT SON

this will get downgraded for sure me thinks though, kinda tame for an ejection imo

dviss1 likes this.
  6. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

The league can review these plays after the fact. This was not a Flagrant 2, according to the league's own rulebook. I find giving a Flagrant 2 and automatic ejection to "teach the kid a lesson" to be extremely biased officiating. You don't. Whatever.

7. RoyToy

RoyToy Clown Town

Perfectly put

It was just another play where you can't help but shake your head at Meyers.

Stupid play

8. The_Lillard_King

Yes the ref has the discretion to make the call. The league has the discretion to review the call and change it. (But don't hold your breath for a Marshall being fined for a flop)

Teaching the kid a lesson was one of the several reasons I think the refs called it a flagrant 2. If you want to change it to me think the refs gave a flagrant 2 just to teach the kid a lesson, whatever.

9. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

I didn't say Marshall will be called with a flop. He was fouled (after he fouled Leonard, of course). It was a Flagrant 1 at worst, though, and how does ejecting Leonard teach him a lesson? If anything, it will make him soft, since he apparently can't even touch a Laker starter who is looking to get stats late in a decided ballgame. It gets so tiresome having to defend Blazer players from Blazer "fans" on this board.

Somebody should have punched Nick Young in the groin when he launched a 3 with 12 seconds left, by they way. Or ran over to D'Antoni and punched him in the groin.

10. The_Lillard_King

League is allowed to review flops and according to you Marshall flopped. Shouldn't the league see what you so clearly see.

Hear you on being tired. I get so tired of trying to shed light on "delusional fans" . . . flop, lol.

11. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

I said he flopped to get the foul. He didn't "flop", as in making up getting fouled by an offensive player a la Vlade Divac or Blake Griffin. There's a difference. I don't expect you to know that, though. My bad for confusing you, even though I've posted it 2x now.

12. The_Lillard_King

It is your bad, I'm glad you acknowledge that.

But I think I'm finally understanding, he flopped to get a foul but didn't flop making up a foul, then the refs flop by giving a flagrant 2 and Leonard flops an apology to Marshall. Do I have it now?

Darkwebs likes this.
  13. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

So we all agree leonard needs some ink and a mohawk?

14. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    And The Legend of Leonard begins. Coming next Fall on CBS.

I am so happy for him, shedding his soft reputation in one whirlwind night of turpitude. He doubled his trade value.

15. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

jeesh boys, why dont you just flop em out and measure

16. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I still think he looks like Dennis the Menace on steroids

17. Hobbesarable

Hobbesarable Cartoon Character

Wishful thinking. :lol:

18. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

No, he got fouled, and then flopped to exaggerate the severity of the foul. Thanks for being obtuse, though. I'm sure you think you're fooling me.

19. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Throw in a drug addiction and pics of underage people on his computer (allegedly), and how could you tell those two apart?

20. The_Lillard_King

Well you are tired . . .

But shame of Marshall for exaggerating the severity of the foul