Let's call it what it is...

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by JRon, Dec 31, 2008.

1. killa kadafi191

killa kadafi191 A Realist

What butts?? Yi is not Yao. I stay in Houston and I see the huge difference between BY and AY (before Yao and After Yao) Hell you can contribute Francis all star games to Yao fans as well but Yi does not have that affect.

Also I have a problem with any thing that is not talent why a player is starting. Sebastian Telfair remember that name Yi fans. He was drafted high because he had a freaking shoe contract. Now look at him? You see how he was exposed too?

The Nets have not seen one advantage business wise or basketball wise from acquiring Yi. Well cap space for 2010 but who can they convince to play here?

2. JRon

JRon Member

The sad thing is: Yi very well might have the tools to be effective in this league. A true All-Star? Not likely.
    But he could be a guy who contributes 12points/7rebs/and 1 or 2 blks a game in 20 minutes a game almost immediately. That would fit nicely, if from the bench. Even still, the uptick in stats and relevance or importance to the team would have to also come in the form of increased and more consistent toughness. I am prepared to allow him to grow into that, but that growth should come from the bench. He is a shrinking violet on the floor most of the time, he wakes up for a moment or two, and then goes back to sleep. Is he merely spoiled? Does he not care or have no fight? Either way, catering to him, Stern, the Chinese Market, or the almighty dollar will not help any of the above in the long-run. So bench his lanky ass and demand more of those waking moments in a shorter period of playing time. If he earns it, give him the starting spot.