Lets do this. GAME 3 THREAD BABY - thoughts and predictions and whos going?!?

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Novababy85, May 21, 2014.

1. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

LOL...whatever. Shows what butt hurt child you are.

2. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

Why couldn't we be 16-0...LOL.

It's all good. Everyone chill. Just makes game 4 even better. And if we lose game 4, then I can see the anger in here because simply put you CANNOT lose both home games to a kid making his 2nd and 3rd playoff starts AND his first road playoff starts. That simple to me. Win that game.

3. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Who's butt hurt? The little baby going on and on about a lose or somebody accepting it and moving on? Once again and not surprisingly another stupid and mindless post out of you. Nobody should even bother with some fool who was actually seriously suggesting that Talbot should start games in the playoffs and Carcillo should replace Nash in the lineup.

4. Messiah717

Sorry, but at some point my tolerance for complete stupidity runs out.

5. Stepupstepan

I can see now if they lose game 4. Mess and chuck will be here first throwing everyone and their mother under the bus...LOL

6. chuckd3534

Emotions run high after a tough L...all good. We all have the same goal in here...a Rangers win/cup. We all would love 3-1, so get it done on Sunday.

Chuckd...out.

7. Messiah717

We both have already said we would be upset if they lost game 4. You seriously have zero brains.

8. Stepupstepan

It is all good, man. Peace. They better win game 4 or there will be lots of angry people on this board. LOL

9. sorr

sorr Member

People are ignoring the obvious question: What the eff is up with this two days off between games BS? Lol! We go from playing 5 games in 7 days to 2 games in 7 days? It's pretty ridiculous how they drag this out.

10. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

They have to be opportunistic. Why go 6 or 7!!!!

11. Stepupstepan

Good point. It is stupid to drag this thing into June when there is like 80 degrees outside. They need to shorten the regular season and start the playoffs in March.

12. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Maybe this will stop people from knee-jerking reactions and assuming they'd sweep them. You're only setting yourself up to be letdown.

13. Stepupstepan

great point, 71. Some people here were talking about sweep during game 2.

14. sorr

sorr Member

It's not about not sweeping them, it's about letting them off the hook. Hank's mojo might very well be gone after an incredible 5 game stretch. Their no-name goalie now has confidence after 75% of the shots he stopped tonight hit him in the chest. And MSL and Nash went back to not burying some pretty damn good chances. We've seen this before. It's worrisome. Simple as that.

15. chuckd3534

One quick comment. The letdown is not from the Rangers, the letdown is simply the fact that sweeping a team, especially in the ECF, is NOT an easy thing to do. That proves the other point more IMO. Settle down it is 1 loss. Doubt anyone thought we'd sweep them, outside of mel...:), so just win game 4 and we are in the best shape we can be in I think.

16. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Yea but just like MTL had a chance to get back in the series with one goal, the rangers had a chance to put a stranglehold on the series with 1 goal. With that I still say Rngers in 5. Tokarski isn't bringing the Canadiens to the Cup.

17. Ranger71

I said at the beginning i'd be happy with making it a best of 3 but i hope now that certainly isnt the case after taking the first two. Need to win game 4 or it tilts a little in their favor for sure. Get pucks at Tokarski's feet, he looks solid side to side with his athleticism.

18. Ranger71

I'm still a little curious how Lundqvist missed kicking or sticking that puck away on the gw. Maybe he got it at a bad angle.

19. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Ok, everybody relax and take a chill pill. We carried play for the most part and just didn't take advantage of a bunch of good scoring opportunities. The kid played well in net for montreal but didn't make many spectacular saves imo as we either missed the net or just shot into his pads. Hank was fine and got beat on 1 soft goal and 2 deflections. Refs for the semifinals should be 4 of the best 8 left. If that is who ref'd tonight nhl is in dire straits. How they all somehow missed an open ice hit shoulder to the head on stepan by prust is a disgrace. The nhl should suspend prust a game or 2 for that hit. Carcillo rightly or wrongly because of what happened was out of control and will be gone the rest of this series at least. Doesn't matter cause brassard I think will play sunday and we go from there. Part of the problem tonight as it has been all season is our defense although good skaters, shot blockers etc for the most part are just not physical enough. Too many times guys should have been wiped out on the sideboards and end boards and get a good scoring chance because of a weak stick check. My ranger tsunami wave hit a beachhead and now they have to settle in and make sure they take game 4 to control this series. Is it me or do the refs have blinders with suppan wielding his stick like an axe slashing people at will and never gets called on it. Gallagher is a very good player but we need to be a lot more physical with him. On to game 4.

20. chuckd3534

To me it is all about game 4. That simple really. I won't get fired up or upset until after game 4 if we get beat, which I don't see.

If we win game 4 we got this IMO. I don't see us blowing a 3-1 lead. But we must win game 4. If they walk out of here 2-2 with this kid beating Hank twice on Garden ice it will not be a good situation as we head back to Montreal.

What happened last night was we lost our cushion, and chance to make it real easy. That's business as usual for us. How we operate. I expect us to play well on Sunday night. I will stay with us in 6. And I personally think the winner of game 4 will win the series. So from that POV I am excited to be at the game of the series.

Like I said often last night, outside of the 1st period I truly think that was a pretty even game. We played fine, nothing to hang our heads about, but I think Montreal was pretty much stride for stride with us after the 1st, good for them in their game 7. We need to remember that Montreal is a good solid team, and got to the ECF for a reason. Tip the cap to them for playing a solid game after the 1st period and winning their game 7. Now we return the favor by winning the series defining game 4 at MSG on Sunday night.

That's the bottom line to me.