Let's talk Aminu

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Fez Hammersticks, Nov 21, 2018.

1. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Aminu has been hitting game clinching threes all season en route to 12 wins (see Celtics game for best example). He overwhelmingly won the poll for most underrated. And then he has ONE bad game and everybody shits on him. That’s bullshit guys. Harden shot 1-11 from 3 in a game this season. Ariza shot 0-11 from 3 in game 7. It happens. Does this mean Harden couldn’t belong on a contending team? Ariza already has a ring.

Aminu is one of our very best players on both sides of the court and he consistently ups his game in playoffs. He’s also mostly clutch in the regular season. And he’s improved his driving game this season.

Stop bashing him.

2. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Exactly. Aminu would be Golden State’s 5th best player.

3. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Nope. Aminu's numbers are already worse than last year and he has had 4 straight bad games. Here is a little bigger block so the sample size isn't so small. Last four games he is 7-33 at 21% shooting and 5-22 for almost 23% from 3 point. Yes he made a shot in the New York game that happened to be important. But the thing he has to do is make defenses respect his shot or both Dame and CJ suffer greatly.
    Aminu on defense has not been bad because he always works hard but to say he only had One Bad Game is wrong on every level. Aminu is showing exactly what he did last year to this team. It won't get any better because teams already know this is the way to beat the Blazers.

To add a little more about Aminu His PF's are up. His assists are way down. His steals are down.

On the good side he is rebounding a little better and his free throws are falling at a remarkable rate this year 84%

Aminu's game has got better overall from my eye test. He has played more controlled and he is trying to find Lillard in the open court. But he is what he is. Not a starter on a contender at all. Second unit and then maybe special defensive assignments. The Blazers still need a viable PF that can score and keep defenses honest.

oldmangrouch and BonesJones like this.
  4. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!

kjironman1 likes this.
  5. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Exactly.

kjironman1 likes this.
  6. BonesJones

Yup. This forum overrated the hell out of him after the first few games. He is exactly what I thought he was. Loose with the ball, bad finisher, bad mid-range shooter, and not a good enough 3pt shooter to make up for it.

dviss1 likes this.
  7. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    I disagree. The second unit as a whole has sucked after the first week or two and I think its because of ET. They were running through him but there was a lot of ball movement, screening off the ball, and player movement. Its gotten away from that to basically running the same offense as the 1st stringers but with ET as primary ball handler except he is a horrible shooter. This has crushed Zachs Offense, Seths offense, Niks Offense theres almost no spacing and dribble drives by Seth and Nik are met with 2-3 defenders because of it.
    Has Nik shot poorly yup, but the 2nd unit looks worse and worse and its mostly on coaching even in their wins, NY, and the Wizards the bench looks bad. The idea you can your offense through ET is absurd to me, he’s not a threat outside of maybe 10-15 feet, he’s not one of those guys who can get in the paint at will either.
    I think Niks ability to drive and dish helped the 2’s a lot. Yes he has turned into a TO machine, but there is 0 spacing. They need Seth back, and they need to quit forcing ET, if this is the best version of him (which it might be), then that signing may be the worst in the history of the Blazers...

BBert likes this.
  8. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  9. BonesJones

10. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    I'm certainly not dismissing the need for more talent, but the size issue was one of total overall size and not just one player. Curry isn't big but had a 6'6" sidekick. Both Rondo and Holiday were bigger than Dame/CJ lady year and so on.

11. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

What say I? I say: Duh.
    (No offense intended.)

12. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Trth.

13. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Aminu sucks. You don't need stats - he just sucks. For any good defensive play there are a minimum of two bad defensive lapses. There isn't a single player who thinks "oh no! i have to play with Aminu defending me!" - nobody cares if Aminu is defending them. But because "he plays hard" people think he's 100x better than he actually is. There's a possibility he could be a bench player on a contender, but he'd have to be the 8th or 9th man on a contender. He's gonna be the next Ed Davis - someone else will sign him for less than we're currently paying him and our W/L will not be negatively affected.

BonesJones likes this.
  14. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Where was all the Aminu hate when he sealed the win against Boston? Where was all the hate when he upped his game in the playoffs? Check THOSE stats, kjironman not just 4 out of 18 games this season.

16. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    The Aminu stats the haters don’t want you to know about:

2018 NBA Playoffs: 17.3 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 43.3% on threes

His playoff stats are better than his regular season stats all 4 years he’s been in the playoffs including his year in Dallas. In 24 career playoff games, he has shot 43% from three.

But by all means, let’s bash him for just 4 bad games in November.

dviss1 and swish3 like this.
  17. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Aminu's career regular season numbers are nothing too exciting:

7.6 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 1.2 apg, 1.0 spg, 0.6 bpg, 42% from the field, 33% from three point line

But NOW, let's talk Playoff Aminu. It's a pretty big sample size. He's played in 24 playoff games and here's what he's done:

13.9 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 1.5 apg, 1.0 spg, 1.0 bpg, 55% from the field, 43% from three point line

What contender wouldn't want to have a player like that who steps up for the big games?

If you're wondering what has he done for us lately, he was fantastic in the 2018 playoffs:

17.3 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 52% from the field, 43% from the three point line

But by all means, bash him for having a few bad games in November. I can't think of one contender in the NBA who wouldn't want Aminu on their roster. He would immediately be the 5th best player on the Warriors. Maybe 4th, the way Klay has been playing this year.

dviss1, HailBlazers and stampedehero like this.
  18. blazedanugz

blazedanugz Well-Known Member

I appreciate your positivity but if all the players on the blazers were as good as you make them out to be then we would be nba champs

19. blazedanugz

blazedanugz Well-Known Member

And you really lost me with that last sentence......

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  20. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!