OT Liberals destroying Lake Oswego real estate values!

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Aug 4, 2020.

1. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Trump is a huge defender of gay rights?

Huge I grant you.

2. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    It happens in your hood, just not to people you care about.

3. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Guess you only hang with gays who adhere to your opinions.

4. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    Like that the LGBT+ community deserves respect? Yeah, she probably only hangs out with people who adhere to that opinion.

5. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    That's BullShit!
    By the way, I'm searching for a Black Lives Matter lawn sign. Any suggestions on how I can get one?

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  6. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

I doubt anyone on real world Earth could list one single Trump policy initiative that supports LGBTQ rights, or one pro gay appointment. I could write a page of antigay policies and actions.

There are a couple of rich white males who happen to be gay who back Trump in order to get tax cuts. They don't care to be associated with the gay rabble and think they will have immunity from the homophobia they are promoting. They won't.

Chris Craig and Lanny like this.
  7. Lanny

Them thar, not them there.
    Tomatoes gone wild and sun tea.
    In my opinion, you can never have too many tomatoes which are the favorite produce of the back yard gardener in America.
    Never had sun tea, oh, we might have made it once but can't recall. Seems like a great idea.
    Love your garden but it makes me jealous as hell.
    Our tomato plants are usually very lush but are looking very very puny this year for some unknown reason. We usually fertilize with rich black compost but don't have room for a compost pile in this house.

8. Lanny

Back when he was running for President in 2015 I remember him saying that he didn't care what sex someone has when they chose a bathroom in one of his hotels. I think he changed his mind in order to secure base support. The man has no scruples.

9. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Used to back when it wasn't so legal. lol. I should again now that I have the property. Not into the oils though, but IF I could turn it into cash? Hmmm. Maybe I need to think harder on this. I have good soil for outdoor growing.

10. donkiez

donkiez Well-Known Member

Now that is a beautiful garden! We just moved this winter, my old house had a huge back yard. As much as I loved the garden I hated the yard upkeep and have terrible allergies. Mine never looked as professional as yours but we had tons of produce every year from 9 total beds and plenty of other space.

As far as weed goes I grew for close to 20 years. Indoors for most of that for obvious reasons, but in 2016 here is my first outdoor attempt, which turned out pretty good. The two in the back were 17 footers and harvested 5lbs each, plus I had to throw about at last a lb off each because we got a week or rain right before harvest. So much good stuff! I did it again in 2017 but had people breaking into my yard to steal them so the jig was up and I gave up on outdoor harvests. Stupid thing was that they stole them a month too early so not only did they ruin it for me but they got shitty premature weed and at least 1/4 of what it should be. If they had just knocked on my door I would have literally given them pounds to wait and help me with my harvest.

rsz_20160929_182243.jpg

rsz_120161004_180724.jpg

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  11. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

No clue. They know better than to practice that type of behavior here if they are.

Hoopguru likes this.
  12. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

How did I miss these???!!!!???!!!!????!!!!

DAYUM!

donkiez likes this.
  13. Lanny

Really? Now that is a shocker. How could anyone be that dumb?

Some day some ass hole is going to do them some real harm when they least expect it and then they'll know.

They should support someone who can help them and not someone who will hurt them. That seems pretty elementary.

14. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

I’d like to put BLM signs in the yards of their neighborhood every night; but they’d probably blame these people and get upset at them for it.

15. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Orion Bailey and GoBlazersGo like this.
  16. GoBlazersGo

GoBlazersGo Well-Known Member

Mixes well with lemonade and cannasugar! :drinkapint:

Orion Bailey and PDXFonz like this.
  17. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

:NOTMARIS:

18. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

I know some of those folks. They are not gay Republicans; they are right wing Republicans who happen to be gay. See the difference? They are white, male (except Mary Cheney) wealthy business and professional men. They loathe unions, hate immigrants, are often virulently racist and misogynist. It would be nice to think that kind of bigotry wouldn't happen in our community but these people don't consider themselves part of the community, they want nothing to do with lesbians, transgender people, queer, gender non conforming, activists, and other disreputable types. Most of all they have huge class bias. If they are prosperous, it's not due to opportunity or luck, it's their superiority; conversely, those who struggle aren't unfortunate, they are inferior. Less intelligent, irresponsible, drug users, make bad choices. Even during a pandemic. So they SHOULD get a huge tax cut and it's wrong for unemployed to get an extra $600 during a pandemic.

Ben Carson has done little as secretary of Housing and Urban Development; his two actions were to allow public housing and federally funded shelters to ban transgender people and, just before the pandemic hit the fan, steeply raise rent in Section VIII housing. When he did so he said now people will have the security and confidence that comes from a good job. Because the only thing that kept them from having well paid job was low rent. That is really how they think.

And they also consider themselves immune from homophobia because they are responsible serious people, it's just rhetoric, no one would take away THEIR rights. (There were Jews in the 1930s who thought the same way; how did that turn out?) Ignoring the fact that the unqualified hard right judges Trump has packed courts with pledged two things: outlaw birth control and abortion, and no rights for gays. Some of them don't think we should even exist, but Moscow Mitch would confirm Charles Manson if he was still alive and Trump nominated him.

Then there are the opportunists. The New York Times, in one of their million or so articles on understanding Trump supporters, profiled a wealthy white male couple in Manhattan. They had been major Democratic donors, including to Hillary Clinton in 2016, and were invited to her election night event. The mood went from upbeat to worried to dismal as the evening went on. So they left and went across town to Trump headquarters where the mood was much more festive. They decided to switch sides because the Trump election night party was more fun, and announced it publicly. All their gay friends dumped them; they ran into Chelsea Clinton by chance and she turned her face away (this was before social distancing) and didn't acknowledge them but hey, they have Don Jr. on speed dial so it's worth it!

SlyPokerDog, Chris Craig and Minstrel like this.
  19. Lanny

Ben Carson is the genius who warned me that if I go to prison I might come out gay. LOL, ha ha ha ha ha ha, LOL, ha ha ha ha ha ha, LOL, as if there were any chance of that. Don't get me wrong, I do not begrudge a man who is gay and why should I but the chances of me being converted to gay are less than the odds of Ben Carson being converted to gay. Imagine that for a moment, Ben Csrson gay.

20. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Or the chances of my becoming straight.