Lillard Had Better Be Careful When Calling a Timeout

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by PapaG, Apr 15, 2014.

1. ripcityboy

ripcityboy Well-Known Member

self employed
    Lillard will probably fake a timeout and let this guy fall on his face.

2. RoxFan

RoxFan Member

Nothing I say will changed your mind. He started his motion before the time out was called. Players attempt a steal on obvious time out plays ALL the time. This just unfortunately resulted in an injury. Beverley gets a little overzealous at times and needs to reign in his energy, but in no way was that intended to hurt Westbrook. Lets just agree to disagree.

3. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

Fuck all the rockets. Every single one of them is a flop artist. Clips and rockets are a disgrace to the game. Hate both teams solely for flops. And all their players are over hyped d bags.

4. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

[video=YouTube;ePtiNqJ0VPQ]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ePtiNqJ0VPQ[/video]

I think you should re watch. Beverley doesn't make his move until after the whistle.

5. Hobbesarable

Hobbesarable Cartoon Character

Nevermind

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  6. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Not only is Beverly as ugly as Samuel Jackson, he's dirty like Madonna after her fuck escapade with those gay dancers of hers in "truth or dare"

7. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

Westbrook just reached and didn't use any body at all. Beverly tried going through Westbrook to get the ball.

8. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    That play and the whistle are to close to call but Beverly was committed to the act and like a player who hits the QB a second before he throws and gets flagged its damn hard to stop on a dime when your body is moving.
    Beverly went low and unfortunately hit Westbrook knee. Was a bad decision but in no way does it look like his intent was to injure Westbrook.
    It is a type of play that happens a lot in this case it just ended badly.
    Now I HATE Beverley and think he gets away with more then almost any other player in the league because of his reputation and his "bulldog" personality. There are so many other examples of why I detest Beverley that I dont have to try and blow a play out of proportion to feel vindicated in my dislike of him.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

9. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Can't we all agree that Patrick Beverley is a second-round scrub who is making his name because he can try to injure opposing guards, and has actually got away with it at times?

Any Rocket fan calling Beverley a clean player is a complete homer.

10. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Beverley's entire shtick is to disrupt the opposing PG to the extent that the refs let it happen. In hockey, he'd be labeled a goon.

11. -Ace-

-Ace- Mostly lurking

[video=youtube;BeYmZD1fgXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeYmZD1fgXA[/video]

Here's a fun video chronicle. Westbrook must have fired a shotgun from his left arm on that "push-off."

12. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

It's funny watching Beverley thug up Westbrook, because zero Blazer fans like Westbrook. It's bullshit letting this scrub get away with this bullshit solely because Westbrook and Lillard aren't MVP-level yet.

13. -Ace-

-Ace- Mostly lurking

Exactly. I already don't like Westbrook AT ALL....but he's an angel compared to Beverley in these clips. Look where he slaps the ball out of Westbrook's hands long after the timeout has been called. Classy. I believe he got T'd up for it.

14. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

It's a shame because in this day and age the nba lacks players that prevent this shit from happening. Talk all the shit you want about artest, or even kg(I don't like either of them) but they had their purpose. They would never let some one get away with this shit so often. Not saying it won't happen, but beverley should tread with caution. If he keeps pulling bitch moves like these he will find himself on the losing end of an ass whoopin.

Edit: so many blazers fans hate Leonard, could you imagine a quicker way to turn his approval around than busting beverley in the playoffs if he's up to his usual bullshit?

15. -Ace-

-Ace- Mostly lurking

It'll be another Portland-defends-their-teammates moment, just like in the early Golden State game. Somebody will knock him out.

16. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Don't let me run into Beverly in a Subway!

17. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

The only differences between the two videos is Beverley went low. You don't go low period on any athlete, if you do(and it's not the NBA) your most likely about to be in a fight. Westbrook goes high, attempts the steal. The play happens all the time in the NBA, and the unwritten rule is you don't go low. Beverley didn't intend to injure Westbrook but he did so by going low. plain and simple you have to go high making that play.

OH and both westbrook/Beverley are cocky babies. and deserve to idk. have the shits for a month?

18. Tahleron

Tahleron New Member

I agree about the going low, but Westbrook went low on Lin, Lin's leg wasn't planted so it just got slung instead, Westbrook's injury came from his leg being planted and hence all leverage was through the knee. If his knee wasn't planted, he would have gotten spun around identically to Lin.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  19. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Even when Westbrook throws his arm out Bitcherly STILL flops... Shameful... He embellished contact like a MF there... Westbrook's arm goes TO Bitcherly but DEFINITELY not THROUGH him... What a fuckin' scrub...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  20. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Also, Bitcherly got elbowed in his craw because he REACHED on Westbrook. Nothing dirty or intentional at all there.