Zombie Lillard is playing like a bum

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Blazers1977, Dec 15, 2019.

1. AldoTrapani

AldoTrapani Well-Known Member

We just never see a full complete season for Dame. It’s why we hear the “he’s a new dad excuse”, or he’s injured excuse every year, how many times every year do we talk about the slump Dame is? He’s a great player like you said when it matters during those crunch times that compensate it. But it’s getting played out the up and down play by him

2. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

I think just maybe what might bug some people is that he posts the same one liners over and over and over and over and over and over and....

on the other hand, I've been attacked for my paragraphs of stats and my hating...and most recently my anger....I can't describe how mad that makes me

3. wizenheimer

can you point out players that have "full complete seasons" that are not generational talents like Lebron or Curry or Giannis? Dame is a great player but he's not as good as guys like that. And he doesn't have the defense to bring something every night at that end of the floor

frankly, I don't even know what you mean by 'full complete season', because, as I said, his season last year seemed pretty full and complete and was about the best Blazer season in 30 years

what bugs me, a little, is you're hammering him for imperfection when there are no perfect players. Just about all players in the league, especially shooters and scorers have variance. Variance over a season; variance over the course of a month; even variance game to game.

I've criticized Dame's shot selection before; and his occasional over-dribbling; and his defense. But the sum of his assets and liabilities is still the best Blazer player since Drexler

look at this:

upload_2021-4-27_9-21-53.png

so then, even after Dame has been mired in the worst month of his career; actually, more than a month now, he's still above .600 in TS% and is quite a bit better than CJ. Yet, I've seen you in game thread after game thread make dozens of posts trashing Dame for one thing over another. I will give you that you will trash some other Blazers too as you have more than one target. But the things you criticize Dame for every other Blazer is more guilty of

I get that Dame is a big target. He's apparently held to a higher standard. But what I've been saying for years now is the biggest problem with Portland is that the team can't survive bad games from Dame. Olshey has failed to add any player that can carry the burden when Dame is less than his norms

I mean, look at those numbers...CJ is actually averaging more shots per 100-possessions than Dame but is scoring 5 points less. When CJ and Nurkic were out, and before the nagging injuries that you dismiss started piling up on Dame, he had carried the team to 11 games over .500 and a game out of 5th place. CJ and Nurkic are back and Portland has added Powell, and those three can't carry the Blazers anywhere but to more and more losses unless Dame has a great game

Portland is 7-12 since Josh Richardson crushed Dame's knee against the floor...on the same leg that Dame is now dealing with a hamstring issue. And 4 of those wins came on that road trip thru the dregs of the eastern conference when every opponent was missing key players. Portland has been that bad...meaning that it's pretty clear that Dame, as flawed as you claim him to be, is the reason that Portland has made 7 straight playoffs, which is the reason Olshey and Stotts still have their jobs. I guess maybe for the Stotts haters, that's another reason to trash Dame

blazerkor likes this.
  4. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

My biggest complaint about Dame is that he needs to recognize when he's hurting the team more than helping.

I get it, it's painful to watch the ship sink from the bench, but he's clearly not healthy, so he shouldn't be playing.

5. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I know there are people making great money to tell players when they have to sit, also who make trades and signings, and even who fire coaches but somehow everyone puts this stuff on Dame. If Dame is the kind of guy that says he'll request a trade every time someone tells him what to do, that is in a position that is supposed to be able to do so, then trade his ass. If he's not doing that, then the team is enabling him, the people who are supposed to tell him what to do aren't doing their jobs and what you are complaining about is persistence and loyalty that Dame shouldn't have to keep in check by himself.

Hoopguru likes this.
  6. wizenheimer

[​IMG]