Lincecum???

Discussion in 'San Francisco Giants' started by Dumpy, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Dumpy

Dumpy Yi-ha!!

can you update Lincecum's condition?

2. Charles

Charles Buster Posey Fan

Crap, I went out to dinner with a friend, and come back to this???? Here's the only thing I can find so far.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3532325

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>San Francisco Giants ace Tim Lincecum left in the fifth inning of Tuesday's game against Houston after he was struck in the right knee by a line drive.
    Lincecum allowed only one hit and struck out seven through four innings when Brad Ausmus drove a 3-1 pitch straight back to the mound. Lincecum tried to dodge it, but the ball hit him on the side of his knee.

The 24-year-old Lincecum fell to the ground as manager Bruce Bochy and the team's medical staff rushed to check on him. Lincecum limped off the field and was replaced by right-hander Keiichi Yabu.

The Giants led 3-2.

The left-hander came into the game 12-3 with a 2.68 ERA, fourth best in the majors.</div>

From what I can find, most people don't think it will be serious injury, although he could miss a start or two. But he has yet to see a doctor, and I haven't even seen the replay yet, so who knows.

3. Charles

Charles Buster Posey Fan

A lot of Giants fans are wondering if they are going to shut down Lincecum early to try to keep him healthy. They don't want him to pitch 200 innings b/c he hasn't done it before. But if you combine his innings between the minors and majors last year, that's what he essentially pitched anyways. I wanted to see the guy keep going b/c he has a legitimate shot to win the Cy Young while pitching on a team almost 20 games below .500. If you look at his starts, he could easily be something like 18-3 right now with just a little more offense and a slightly better bullpen.

4. Dumpy

Dumpy Yi-ha!!

let me know if you find anything out. . . . he was just rolling--one hit and seven Ks at that point.

according to the game log, it appears that he threw Ausmus out (although I guess the ball could have richocheted to 1B and he got credit for the assist).

5. Dumpy

Dumpy Yi-ha!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Aug 12 2008, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>A lot of Giants fans are wondering if they are going to shut down Lincecum early to try to keep him healthy. They don't want him to pitch 200 innings b/c he hasn't done it before. But if you combine his innings between the minors and majors last year, that's what he essentially pitched anyways. I wanted to see the guy keep going b/c he has a legitimate shot to win the Cy Young while pitching on a team almost 20 games below .500. If you look at his starts, he could easily be something like 18-3 right now with just a little more offense and a slightly better bullpen.</div>

webb probably has the inside track for the cy young, but they aren't going to shut him down. They don't believe that he has any injury risk due to his unique delivery and stride.

6. Charles

Charles Buster Posey Fan

He left the stadium, on route to get an X-Ray now.

Everyone please pray for me.

7. Dumpy

Dumpy Yi-ha!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Aug 12 2008, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He left the stadium, on route to get an X-Ray now.

Everyone please pray for me.</div>

lol

8. Charles

Charles Buster Posey Fan

And now it's 8-3. I don't expect this team to win a lot of games, but when it rains it pours I guess.

9. Dumpy

Dumpy Yi-ha!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Aug 12 2008, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>And now it's 8-3. I don't expect this team to win a lot of games, but when it rains it pours I guess.</div>

Fred lewis will hit two HRs.

10. Charles

Charles Buster Posey Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dumpy @ Aug 12 2008, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Aug 12 2008, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>And now it's 8-3. I don't expect this team to win a lot of games, but when it rains it pours I guess.</div>

</div>

I'm not a fan of hitting him third in the order. If he's going to make it as an everyday player, it's going to be as a leadoff man. I want to see him work the count and get on base. Lewis has speed and the Giants need to take advantage of that. Lewis is actually one of my favorite Giants.

And Jonathon Sanchez (my avy, for those who didn't know) had a no-hitter through five innings last night, and the Giants still managed to lose the game and get outhit in doing so.

11. Dumpy

Dumpy Yi-ha!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Aug 12 2008, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dumpy @ Aug 12 2008, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Aug 12 2008, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>And now it's 8-3. I don't expect this team to win a lot of games, but when it rains it pours I guess.</div>

</div>

I'm not a fan of hitting him third in the order. If he's going to make it as an everyday player, it's going to be as a leadoff man. I want to see him work the count and get on base. Lewis has speed and the Giants need to take advantage of that. Lewis is actually one of my favorite Giants.

And Jonathon Sanchez (my avy, for those who didn't know) had a no-hitter through five innings last night, and the Giants still managed to lose the game and get outhit in doing so.
    </div>

Tim Raines hit third in 1987, and he was a top-five player. It can be done.

12. Charles

Charles Buster Posey Fan

I'll sign for Lewis turning out to be rock raines reincarnated any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Mets bullpen or Giants bullpen? Which one is worse? Yikes. I don't think I can watch this.

13. Dumpy

Dumpy Yi-ha!!

someone like marquis grissom or even Ray Lankford might be a better match. He has more power than Willie McGee/Roberto Kelley/Luis Polonia/Lonnie Smith/Lance Johnson. Devon White had a nice power-speed mix, but he hit .260ish and didn't walk much, two things that Lewis can do better.

14. Legacy

Legacy Beast

You're not alone, Charles. I'm a Giants fan too and got worried when Lincecum went down. What a season. [​IMG]

15. Dumpy

Dumpy Yi-ha!!

sounds like he'll be OK.

16. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dumpy @ Aug 13 2008, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>sounds like he'll be OK.</div>

Hopefully. He's on my fantasy team.

I just lost Carlos Lee!

-Petey