Lineup Change

Discussion in 'MLB General' started by Bearsfan1, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Cubs manager Lou Piniella's lack of patience is well known.

But Derrek Lee had to laugh out loud when he found out after Wednesday's 8-2 loss to Milwaukee that Alfonso Soriano was heading back to the leadoff spot only two games into the season.

"It's surprising a little bit, but I guess it shouldn't [be]," Lee said. "Lou likes to shuffle it around."

The Cubs fell to 0-2 after a sloppy defensive effort against the Brewers, and Piniella already had seen enough of Soriano in the No. 2 hole after watching him go hitless in nine at-bats.

Piniella used 125 different lineups in 2007. He switched Soriano to the No. 2 hole in the middle of spring training when the Cubs still believed they could pry leadoff man Brian Roberts from Baltimore. But that didn't work out and Soriano has looked uncomfortable batting second ever since.</div>

Alfonso Soriano back to leadoff after Cubs' loss to Milwaukee Brewers

I think it is amazing after the success at the end of last year, that he would take soriano out of the top spot of the lineup anyway. I dont think you can judge results form just 2 games, but lou can. Got a win first game after switch, lets hope it works.

2. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Id like to petition the league to let fukudome bat in all 9 spots....

3. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef @ Apr 9 2008, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Id like to petition the league to let fukudome bat in all 9 spots....</div>
    Ghost runners!