Lions win 34-30

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by Big Frame, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Big Frame

Big Frame Well-Known Member

http://apps.detnews.com/apps/blogs/lionsblog/index.php?blogid=2979

It was d�j� vu for the Lions all over again in Dallas on Sunday.
    The Lions fell behind 20-3 to the Cowboys at the half and the lead was extended to 27-3 early in the third quarter.
    But, as the Lions proved last week against the Vikings, this team is never out of a game.
    They trailed 20-0 at the half to the Vikings and battled their way back to a 26-23 overtime victory.
    It was the same script Sunday as the Lions fought their way all the way back for a second-consecutive week and pulled off an amazing 34-30 victory.
    The victory gives the Lions their first 4-0 start since 1980.
    Second half by interception returns for touchdown by linebacker Bobby Carpenter and corner Chris Houston got the Lions to within 10 points at 27-17.
    A 23-yard touchdown pass from Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford to Calvin Johnson trimmed the lead to 30-24 in the fourth quarter and a 51-yard field goal by Jason Hanson got them to within 30-27 with 4:22 left.
    Tony Romo's third interception of the second half opened the door for a two-yard touchdown pass to Calvin Johnson to give the Lions their first lead of the game with less than two minutes remaining in the game.
    It was Johnson's eighth touchdown catch of the year and the fourth-straight game in which he's caught two touchdowns, a league record.
    Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford had his worst game of the season, finishing 21 of 43 for 240 yards with two touchdowns and one interception, but he'll take the victory.
    Johnson caught eight passes for 96 yards and the two scores.
    Romo finished 34 of 47 for 331 yards with three touchdowns and three interceptions.

2. Big Frame

This season is pissing me off. Where is MY Lions team that would lose a game like this? Where is the team that only a true fan could root for? When is the rug going to be pulled from our feet? When am I going to wake up?

3. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

This team is amazing. No need to wear a grocery bag over your head this season. Be proud of what they are doing so far.

4. Big Frame

This one time, I used a plastic grocery bag, didnt work the same. :)