Livingston's Injury

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Clippers' started by Mamba, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">J_Ray Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    Edit: Did Magahee dislocate his knee too or break something?</div>

I don't know for sure but from the video I honestly can't say wich one looked worse.

2. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

The problem I have with Livingston is that he's injury prone and he isn't exactly the guy that looks like he's in the gym or in the weight room all the time. This is the 2nd time he's dislocated a knee too, his rookie year it was his other knee, so he must have some pretty weak joints. If he does comeback though, this is a major set-back to his progession and it'll take him 2-3 years to get back on track. Remember, he's out for 8 months too before he can begin basketball activities, so he'll be rusty as hell [​IMG]

3. Flow

Flow ATLiens

Studdying
    This injury is sick. It's just scary. If I watched this video I thought that I never want to drive into the lane again. Gotta go over to the Stojakovic playing style.

Okok, no time for jokes. I feel bad for him, unfortunatelly. I believe that this kid is done.

4. Detroit Madness

Detroit Madness JBB JustBBall Member

5. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

This friggin sucks. I hope his career ain't over, this kid has a lot of potential.

6. Detroit Madness

Detroit Madness JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">hustler Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">This friggin sucks. I hope his career ain't over, this kid has a lot of potential.</div>

I'm afraid I can't say that it won't happen. He did have potential and is still very young, I wish him the best of luck this is not something you just step back unto the court any time soon.

7. Xover15

Xover15 JBB JustBBall Member

I agree.

<div class="quote_poster">authentiq Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Wow. Just wow, i hope him the best. I personally never believed he would become the superstar many believed he would be, but i hope he bounces back from this.</div>

Yes its a tough break for the Clips, I knew they should have traded for him! I too, never believed he would amount to anything more than another bad pick. That's the way it goes for the Clips, I'm still a fan though, our time will come... someday.

8. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Can someone point me to a working clip of this injury? I haven't seen it yet.

9. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">durvasa Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Can someone point me to a working clip of this injury? I haven't seen it yet.</div>Invalid Video Link

10. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Ouch. [​IMG]

Some players are just too brittle for professional sports, and I think Shaun Livingston might be one of them. It seems like he's had a major injury every year he's been in the league.

11. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Man that was sick as heck. The guys knee cap was on the side of his leg. I hope he is alright and returns to playing basketball.

12. GarnettKG21

GarnettKG21 JBB JustBBall Member

Oh wow thats the worst basketball injury I have seen....btw that hockey video is horrible gosh how did the goalie turn out?? Really sorry to hear about Livingston tho, now they got PG concerns with Cassell gettin a little bit old there.

13. Montaman

Montaman JBB JustBBall Member

The hockey goalie, if I recall, survived thanks in large part to a staffer who had army medical experience, and then they got him to a hospital... I do remember that he was playing again in a couple weeks, but he eventually retired because he was always so psyched out after what happened.

14. PHENOMENON

PHENOMENON JBB JustBBall Member

He'll make a comeback attempt. It could take a year or two though. Highly doubting that he will ever have the same quickness and agility that he has showed so far. Hopefully Livingston can have a good recovery.

15. -dagger

-dagger NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Ah, I remember watching this on highlights. Disguisting. I swear a little puke came out haha.

I hope he can make full recovery and comeback to the league. But most likely it's a career ending injury.