Logjam with Oden

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SunnyD, May 22, 2007.

1. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

That's what I was thinking right after I made the post. There needs to be a facilitator but I really don't know who that would be or what kind of player Phoenix is looking for. I'm assuming they'de be looking for a good defensive player that can replace Marion.But I think Marion would be a very nice fit in Portland. The problem with that is Marion still won't get the attention still and will be outshined by Oden, Roy most likely.There just needs to be a facilitator and I think this deal could go down. Phoenix might be looking for some expiring contracts. Maybe Miami, LAL or something.Rashard Lewis can't be traded I believe. I was looking at a trade with Seattle and Rashard Lewis is untradable unless he signs an extension with Seattle. He's already denied a contract extension so I doubt that will happen.

2. Bladow

Bladow BBW Member

I think Lewis would be great but he is going to want max money. I think that if they can trade Zac for a couple expiring contracts or future picks they might let Outlaw have a shot at the 3.He has been a project and when I saw the last Utah game he played in Nate was really talking to him alot and he got I think 28pts if I remember right. I think he is a real "Nate" guy and could be a solid player.Lewis is head and shoulders ahead of Outlaw but I think one of the "contenders" will be looking to sign him. The big market teams will be going after him and if he has a shot of playing outside the northwest I bet he does.Seattle is still going to try and get something for him rather than just let him sign anywhere. Im not sure at what point he is an UFA but my bet is Seattle makes a trade first. I doubt they want Zac, Miles, or LaFrenz. But maybe some draft picks who knows.

3. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

ZBo to the Nets for Richard Jefferson. Bam.

4. blazerspwnu

blazerspwnu BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ May 24 2007, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Whoever suggested trading Aldridge for a PG. No.Aldridge honestly doesn't ave as much value as Randolph does and Portland doesn't "need" a point guard as much as they need a small forward.Jarrett Jack's a very nice young player and is good enough to be a starting point guard in this league.I think Portland could pull off a trade that lands Shawn Marion. I'm not sure on the specifics but I just tried Randolph for Marion straight up on the RealGM trade checker and it worked perfectly straight up. I'm assuming Portland may have to give up some picks though because Marion to Phoenix I think is more valuable than Randolph because of his defense.I don't see that happening but that's one of the few good small forwards that's contracts match up with Randolph's. The big problem that kills this deal is Phoenix is gonna want to give Amare big bucks as well as Nash and a 4-year deal like Randolph's is VERY hard to help that. I'm not sure if it's the CBA but maybe Randolph could restructure his contract in Phoenix.Thoughts and improvements on this trade?Jack, Roy, Marion, Aldridge, OdenChampionship team within 2-4 years anyone?EDIT: Randolph, Jack and a future pick for Marion? The salaries work...I checked. I don't know if Phoenix likes this but with the talent that Portland will have, maybe a free agent PG will sign there, like Brevin Knight? Then they could grab a PG with one of their second round picks.</div>zach randolph would get a heart attack playing at the suns' pace. Hes too fat, is a black hole on offense, and doesn't pass. Plus his game doesn't compliment amare stoudamires....one of these is going to happen in offseason:1. zach randolph plus couple of second rounders (we have 4) for rashard lewis in sign and trade2. zach randolph for richard jefferson. I love richard3. somehow get mike conley jr. for zach randolph/travis outlaw, etc. depending on how high conley goes in the draft and what team we trade w/. (atlanta would sure love jarret jack, considering jarret's from georgia tech). Oden would fit perfectly w/ conley and would have perfect chemistry from the get-go.oh and by the way... darius miles will never play another game in a blazers' uiniform mark my words

5. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Dude, they're just gonna ship Zach Randolph off. LaMarcus Aldridge and Greg Oden are ready to be starters...no use sitting LaMarcus on the bench. Zach is an excellent post scorer, and he has such soft touch...but his contract is an issue, and he's too lazy on the court...he doesn't try hard on defense at all, and gets a pathetic amount of blocks. Ship him off for a swingman or PG...and let Greg and LaMarcus get their minutes. Easy solution.

6. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

There's no way you move Zach Randolph if you're Portland. You need guidance for your young bigs. Aldridge and Oden might be the plan for the future, but not now. You don't take 2 young bigs and throw them straight into the fire together. I thought we learned this with Curry and Chandler in Chicago.

7. Bladow

Bladow BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mobruler @ May 25 2007, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>There's no way you move Zach Randolph if you're Portland. You need guidance for your young bigs. Aldridge and Oden might be the plan for the future, but not now. You don't take 2 young bigs and throw them straight into the fire together. I thought we learned this with Curry and Chandler in Chicago.</div>Zac is expendible, the leader in the lockerroom is Brandon not Zac. Webster, Outlaw, Udoka, LMa all look up to him. He is the face of the organization right now.Zac still hangs out with Miles and is a great player but a selfish one and not really an "Nate" guy. Because he has been the go to guy for the past few years he kinda has a chip on his shoulder. Its obvious when he gets the ball. He gets doubleteamed and trys to fight through it. I think Pritchard will be shopping him and others this off season to try and get some big time free agents in here. But the thing with Pritchard is that he wants value for Zac, if he cant get decent value then he wont trade him. At that point it will be Nate's job to use Zac/Oden/LMa in some sort of combination.I think we would all love to see Lewis, Marion, Jefferson type player here instead of Zac but Pritchard wont get the raw end of any trade. He is looking like a great GM so far.

8. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

Not a lockerroom leader, if Oden is going to start he needs a veteran post-mate.

9. Bladow

Bladow BBW Member

IF Oden is gonna start? Zac has also been one of those guys in the press doing off court antics here in portland. Last Miles and Randolf are teh last of the bad apples.Zac is a solid player but selfish and would look good in an Eastern conf uniform.I think Aldredge/Oden will do just fine under the guidance of Maurice Lucas (Big Man Coach)

10. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

You don't understand. I'm not talking about off the court stuff or being a good person. He needs a vet in the post, starting with him, so the whole load isn't on his shoulders. If Aldridge and Oden start together, they're both going to be overwhelmed. There needs to be a vet starting in that post next season with Oden.

11. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Garbajosa.n.cheese @ May 24 2007, 06:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>There are some good free agent sf's out there (Nocioni, Magette, Rashard, Mo Pete, Gerald Wallace), and you could get them to sign and trade someone for Zack</div> The Bulls, Clippers, Raptors and Bobcats would have no interest in Randolph in the first place.

12. Bladow

Bladow BBW Member

Rumor Reported on ESPN and they referenced Yahoo.Zac and Jared Jack for #3 from Atlanta.pure speculation in my mind but people were saying portland would like to get Conley. Dunno bout that. That is a lot to give up for an unproven PG. Jack is such a nice defender as well.Might be the Oden camp throwing these rumors around.

13. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DRob-50-Forever @ May 24 2007, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>ZBo to the Nets for Richard Jefferson. Bam.</div>

14. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mobruler @ May 25 2007, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You don't understand. I'm not talking about off the court stuff or being a good person. He needs a vet in the post, starting with him, so the whole load isn't on his shoulders. If Aldridge and Oden start together, they're both going to be overwhelmed. There needs to be a vet starting in that post next season with Oden.</div>There doesn't need to be a veteran in the post next to Oden, especially one like Randolph who has been fat and out of shape for much of his career. There have been plenty of big time centers out of college that was able to start making an impact from the beginning of their careers, with no veteran presence there to help them. They don't need Randolph much at all if they get Oden, and he is easily tradable.

15. DTP

DTP BBW Elite Member

I actually don't think Portland should take Oden, imo they need Durant more. Draft Durant and keep Lamarcus and Przybilla and then get rid of Miles who's been nothing but a distraction there and they're set. That would also help out seattle because they need a guy in the middle, not that Portland cares.

16. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DTP @ May 27 2007, 05:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I actually don't think Portland should take Oden, imo they need Durant more. Draft Durant and keep Lamarcus and Przybilla and then get rid of Miles who's been nothing but a distraction there and they're set. That would also help out seattle because they need a guy in the middle, not that Portland cares.</div>It be stupid to pass on Oden even though Durant will be a GREAT player. You win titles with big men usually. Shaq/Duncan you get the picture.

17. primetime

primetime Get Your Popcorn ready again

How about Trading Randolph for Artest+fillers? Tell me Portland wouldnt be the best defensive team in the nba in 2-3 years then.

18. TigerTaylor

TigerTaylor BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ Jun 17 2007, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>How about Trading Randolph for Artest+fillers? Tell me Portland wouldnt be the best defensive team in the nba in 2-3 years then.</div>Well, seeing in 2-3 years, Artest will be a whoopin boy in prison, I doubt it.

19. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>How about Trading Randolph for Artest+fillers? Tell me Portland wouldnt be the best defensive team in the nba in 2-3 years then.</div>Move doesn't make sense for Sac. Why would they take on Randolph's deal with the bigs they already have?

20. TigerTaylor

TigerTaylor BBW Elite Member

I think the Blazers need to push to trade Randolph to Chicago. Try to get Nocioni to fill the SF spot. Randolph would be perfect to fill the Bulls spot of a low post scorer, while Nocioni would bring some intensity to the Blazers.