Longest losing streak in the league!

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rastapopoulos, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    Let's keep it going and tank for a lottery pick! Between them the Blazers have lost 5 in a row and OKC have won 4 in a row.

2. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Trade LMA for Love!!!

:smiley-195517897341 :smiley-195517897341 :smiley-195517897341 :smiley-195517897341 :smiley-195517897341

3. S550

S550 Member

Epic collapse to a season

4. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    So, in your book a losing streak of five games out of an 82 game season equates to an epic collapse? What happens if the Blazers win 9 or 10 out of their remaining 13, as I suspect they will? Is the season suddenly un-collapsed?

dviss1 likes this.
  5. Blazer4ever

Blazer4ever Finding a Way BANNED

Agricolture
    Come on, come on, get up, dust off your clothes. We're at a low point, now we start climbing, slowly but surely. Hopefuly we can secure HCA in the first round, that's the short-term goal right now.

dviss1 likes this.
  6. S550

S550 Member

That's certainly possible but I doubt it. Honestly the last thing we should worry about is the playoffs anymore and what we'll do in them if we even make it to the playoffs. Our main concern should be LMA resigning. This late season collapse has me freaking out LMA is considering bailing out.

7. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    LOL! Pessimist much? Perhaps you need to give some serious worry to the inevitability that an asteroid will smash into Earth and wipe out all civilization. ;)

dviss1 likes this.
  8. S550

S550 Member

Think about this. What gets me about this whole thing is KD the league mvp misses pretty much the whole season, Westbrook missed like 5 weeks with that broken hand, they've had major trades with their main 6th man gone and adding chucker type players like Waiters, Ibaka has missed the last two weeks, but yet their only 4 games behind us. Ain't that a damn shame on our part and on course to a very dissappointing season?

Think about that for a second that's like LMA missing pretty much the whole season, Lillard missing 5 weeks with a broken hand, and other host of factors but yet Okc is still within striking distance of us. I can almost assure you without LMA and Lillard missing 5 weeks we would be competing for the number 1 draft pick. Okc though? Pretty comfortable in the 8th spot with a very good possibility even winning the division. Isn't that sad?

LMA has only missed 8 games, Wes currently 9 games, Batum missed some games but our record was still pretty damn good without him, so I'll give the Blazers that. Lopez missed 23 which is alot but really are these injuries comparable to what okc has gone thru with their LMA equivelent main player out the whole season and their Lillard equivelent player missing a lot of time as well.

That just tells me things have to go PERFECLTY for us to have a chance where okc can still be in striking distance of us no matter what.

9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

If there was ever a time to rest Nico, Kaman and LA, it's now. This assures Freeland, CJ, DWright, Leonard and Gee get into playoff shape and build some chemistry with Rolo, Lillard and Afflalo. Teams are positioning seedings to get favorable matchups in the first round. In the West only homecourt advantage is an advantage. We're not facing the Warriors in the first round anyway. . I want to see Memphis playing the Spurs and face either the Mavs or Clippers in the first round if possible. Let OKC and Golden State and Memphis and San Antonio beat each other up early. Have our starters back for fresh for a second round push.

10. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Playoffs start, everybody's record is 0-0

11. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Well it's not exactly a news flash that OKC has a lot of depth. Healthy, they'd be neck and neck with the Warriors. As it is, Westbrook is doing an admirable job of hauling them into the 8th spot and it's possible that they could end up 7th. Either way, they won't get out of the first round. Durant's likely to leave after next season and the team will slowly implode. Glad I'm not a Thunder fan.

dviss1 likes this.
  12. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Yeah Westbrook is finally showing his detractors how good he really has been all these years. If they pass us and get the 4th seed he is likely the MVP.

Regardless I still find it highly doubtful LMA considers leaving like less than 1%. Remember his first contract was less than the max and we are the only team that can give him the full 5 years. He enjoys all his teammates. The teams that have max cap room are going to have major holes to fill. This team has been awesome when everyone is healthy but one of the downsides of being a deep balanced team with a starting lineup of important pieces is your more susceptible to injuries. If you only have 3 starts with scrub role players and then only 3 guys need to stay healthy. With us we needed all 5 starters healthy.

13. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

I know one thing, it's gonna be a long and interesting summer. My gut says we're gonna make a big move.

14. MAS RipCity

MAS RipCity Mercy, Mercy

If we don't make noise in the playoffs, I think we'll make a big move this summer as well.

15. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

this team is possibly the most likeable ever. i really wish this was our year and until wes went down i believed it was. can't we just keep these guys for ever?

dviss1 and riverman like this.
  16. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    2011 Mavericks lost their 2nd best player and had two 5 game losing streaks. And they won the championship.

dviss1 likes this.
  17. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

They also had a great bench.

Barea
    Terry
    Peja
    Haywood
    Mahinmi
    Brewer

18. noknobs

noknobs Well-Known Member

The '2nd best player' you're referring to came off the bench. But I like where your heads at.

19. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    No he didn't. They're second best player was Caron Butler and he started. And he suffered a season ending injury and they won anyway.

dviss1 likes this.
  20. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    And thanks