Lottery losers

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Mediocre Man, May 8, 2023.

1. Predator

Predator The Godfather

Victor
    Miller
    Scoot
    Ausar
    Whitmore

HM: Amen, Walker, Hendricks

Just depends how teams grade these players.

2. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

I agree with this. Tanking is unacceptable from here out. It's time for Joe to get the pieces to make this team a playoff team that at least has a chance to contend. Dame just wants a chance. The belief he has in his own abilities , and that many of us believe hasn't been capped out, are to give the team a fighting chance. I believe if Joe & his staff can get the team close, Dame will amp it up to an even higher level and bring it home. He's that good. He was incredible last year. The pieces around him were a house of cards. Time for the supporting cast to "Buck up", especially Nurk , and get it done. Add some true , quality pieces. Leave the development BS for our new G League team. I think Wemby is ready now. He's been playing in an adult league. All the others are kids. We need players, not kids with pacifiers.

3. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

or calling his bluff. There aren't too many teams that could put together a package for him without gutting their roster thereby making it an undesirable landing spot for him.

STOMP

4. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I don't think that this is some sort of standoff. I think that Cronin has likely agreed to either get Dame all star help or if he can't then he'll trade Dame. I just see Dame talking about this stuff very matter of factly. There doesn't seem to be any posturing going on. I think they will pull off a deal or two that makes Dame happy. I think if they don't think they can do that there are a few teams that could put a package together while remaining competitive.

5. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

the 10,000 times or so you've said this hasn't budged my thinking that they lack the ability to do so without moving Sharpe and pretty much all their future 1sts. Besides winning the VW sweepstakes, fully gutting the Blazers future is the only way they might be able to put together a contender around Dame in the short term. The players on their roster are not sought after. I believe Cronin has told Dame what he wants to hear but this offseason after many inquiries he'll be telling him how little interest there is in what Portland has to offer (outside Shaedon).

STOMP

Last edited: May 9, 2023
    SharpesTriumph likes this.
  6. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

Good post. Yeah the Blazers can unprotect their picks the next 7 years go get some more veteran talent now; but the downside risk is crazy scary.

7. inconceivable

inconceivable Well-Known Member

I feel last year Dame had just signed a massive extension, so the urgency wasn't as high as this summer. It'll be interesting how much improvement can be done w/o trading Sharpe. I don't think it's a good idea to trade a very promising 19 y/o on a rookie deal. Where the pick lands makes a big difference.

8. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

classic short sited scenario of throwing good money after bad

If the Blazers go down that path and it fizzles out (strong possibility), this franchise could go decades without competing and see their die hard fanbase die out.

STOMP

SharpesTriumph likes this.
  9. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

So as soon as you made this thread they announced Brandon Roy as the guy representing the Blazers at the Lottery.
    I guess they must know you?

10. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

They do in fact know me, but one had nothing to do with the other

BlazerWookee and Fairly-Hard like this.