Luc Bourdon killed in motorcycle accident

Discussion in 'WEST: Pacific Division' started by Chutney, May 29, 2008.

1. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>LAMEQUE, New Brunswick (Ticker) -- Vancouver Canucks defenseman Luc Bourdon was killed in a motorcycle accident Thursday. He was 21.

Sgt. Derek Strong told PA SportsTicker that a motorcyle and transport truck were involved in a collision on Highway 113 near Lameque around Noon.

"We are deeply saddened by today's news and on behalf of the entire Vancouver Canucks organization, I would like to extend my sincere sympathies to Luc's family," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said. "Luc was an extremely talented player with a bright future. He brought great passion to the game and was a valued member on and off the ice."

A promising defenseman, Bourdon scored two goals in 27 games with the Canucks this past season. The Shippagan, New Brunswick native spent a majority of the season with the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League.

Bourdon, selected 10th overall in the 2005 draft, failed to score in nine games with the Canucks in 2006-07.

Bourdon was an integral part of Canada's gold-medal winning team at the 2006 World Junior Hockey Championship.</div>
    <div align="center">Link</div>

Wow, that's sad. I remember watching him the Juniors. He was a helluva player then.

2. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    That's sad news. I wasn't familiar with him, but always terrible see anyone go out that way and especially so young. Reminds me of a recent death in football. François Sterchele (26) died a few weeks ago in Belgium after hitting a tree.

3. Big Frame

Big Frame Well-Known Member

Im sorry to hear about this. RIP Luc.