LW Title Situation.

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by Mamba, Oct 25, 2020.

?

Who will be the next LW Champ?

1. Conor McGregor

66.7%
  2. Dustin Poirier

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Tony Ferguson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Michael Chandler

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Justin Gaethje

33.3%
  1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

With Khabib retiring, the LW belt is now open.

We've got McGregor v. Poirier being finalized for January, Gaethje said he's looking for a fight in about 6 weeks, Chandler needs an opponent, and Ferguson seems to be walking on thin ice with Dana. So play match maker, what do you do? And poll question is, who do you think is going to be the next LW champ.

I think Dana is going to make Conor v Poirier for the vacant title; hard to argue that one Poirier deserves it. Conor is always going to get a title shot whether you agree with it or not. Hoping Dustin can pull it out, but I just think he's way too hittable

Gaethje v. Chandler as the #1 contender. Ferguson needs to get his shit squared away. He's coming off of a battering by the hands of Gaethje. I'd like to see Ferguson v. Oliveira

I want Dustin to be the next LW champ, however I think its going to be Conor.

2. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

McGregor beats Poirier, avoids fighting Gaethje by pursuing a fight with Manny Pacquiao in the UAE, and they strip him and start over again.

3. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

While I love Gaethje; I don't think he's got anything for Gaethje. Gaethje s too hittable. I don't think he's technical enough to beat McNuggets.