Madsen to T-wolves

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by jbbSpree, Jul 29, 2003.

1. jbbSpree

jbbSpree JBB JustBBall Member

From nba.com

Timberwolves Agree to Terms with Free Agent Madsen

July 28, 2003 ? Timberwolves Vice President of Basketball Operations/General Manager Kevin McHale today announced the team has agreed to terms with free agent Mark Madsen. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Madsen, a 6-9, 245-pound forward from Stanford University, averaged 3.2 points (.423 FG%), 2.9 rebounds and 14.5 minutes per game in 54 contests (started 22) for the Los Angeles Lakers in 2002-03. Madsen posted three games with 10-plus points and 12 contests in which he recorded five or more rebounds. Madsen tallied a season-high 12 points on 5-of-6 shooting at Milwaukee on March 15 and scored 10 points on 5-of-7 shooting in 13 minutes at Memphis on April 4. Additionally, he blocked a career-high four shots and registered nine points versus Houston on Feb. 18.

"Mark improves our interior presence, as he is a physical, hard-nosed basketball player," said McHale. "He can play power forward and some center and is going to improve us every day in practice and give us a physical presence in games."

In 183 NBA games (started 30) over three seasons with the Lakers (2000-01 through 2002-03), Madsen has averaged 2.6 points (.450 FG%), 2.6 rebounds and 11.3 minutes per game. He posted a career-high 15 points at Minnesota on Jan. 31, 2001. The Walnut Creek, Calif., native was selected by the Lakers with the 29th overall pick in the 2000 NBA Draft and was a member of NBA Championship teams in 2001 and 2002.

So what you wolve fans think? i think it gives us more strengh inside (to complement KG n Kandi).. he'll be great to come off the bench as a back up.. im sure he'll be a little more useful than he was with the Lakers.. he hustles hard and gets my vote.. he's prettey switched on, i mean his stats arent bad for his minutes.. i just don't want him dancing if the wolves win a championship.