Magic Fact or Fiction

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by bbwTwinTowers, Aug 9, 2004.

1. bbwTwinTowers

bbwTwinTowers BBW Member

I just saw the other people doing this so i'm going to do it, first off

F/F Will the magic win 40 games?

2. DirtySouth

DirtySouth JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TwinTowers:</div><div class="quote_post">I just saw the other people doing this so i'm going to do it, first off

F/F Will the magic win 40 games?</div>

Fact

F/F Dwight howard will be in the running for rookie of the year.

3. TMac_OwNz

TMac_OwNz JBB JustBBall Member

Fact , not many other rookies besides Emeka [​IMG] if you have to take 3..it'll be Okafor , Dwight and any of the other guys that had a good year..

F/F Magic will make the playoffs and maybe go all the way to the semifinals this season? (remember Shaq,Payton and Pierce,and of course Pistons and Pacers)

4. Cain

Cain JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction. Magic has a young team and hardly any veteranship. They'll reach the playoffs I believe. Hope they surprise me. [​IMG]

F/F Jameer Nelson will exceed expectations and will likely be traded after this season.

5. TimFlem

TimFlem JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction. The Magic got him as a steal in the draft and are looking to keep him. Unless we get some great players or a great deal in return I don't see it happening.

F/F The Magic will make it to the finals in the next 5-10 Years

6. _BN_

_BN_ JBB JustBBall Member

Fact.

The youth on the team will be probably glowing by then.

Fact or Fiction:
    Jameer will develop into a DA type of player.

7. KBC

KBC JBB JustBBall Member

Fact. Although I predict that he will be better than DA in a few more years.

F/F: Everytime the Magic play the Rockets they will win.

8. explosive

explosive JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting '[KBC:</div><div class="quote_post">']Fact. Although I predict that he will be better than DA in a few more years.

F/F: Everytime the Magic play the Rockets they will win.</div>

Fiction, there is no way that you are going to be able to beat a combination of T-Mac and Yao every time you play them, especially when you're the Magic. I don't think that there is a team out there right now that will be the Rockets every time they play them next season.

Fact or Fiction: Steve Francis is a better fit for the Magic at the 2 spot instead of at point guard.

9. bbwTwinTowers

bbwTwinTowers BBW Member

Fact he should play 2 and Nelson should play point for a better running game.

Fact or Fiction: Hill should start at SF.

10. KBC

KBC JBB JustBBall Member

Fact: thats the position he's been playing his entire carrer and he was pretty darn good at it until he got injured.

F/F: Dwight Howard says his game is a mix bewteen Kevin Garnett and Dirk Nowitzki. Do you think he'll live up to his own expectations (Rookie of the Year, MVP in a few years, getting his team to the Eastern Conference finals, leading his team to the top of their conference, etc.)

11. Cain

Cain JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction. He's still a kid. Only 17/18. He has a lot of time left, no stress. He has barealy any experience now but I think he'll be a star in 5-10 years.

F/F After the first Magic - Houston game T-mac will say something along these lines : "They were good. Defense has improved...I'm impressed."

12. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

NOTE:

After a discussion between the JBB moderators and administrators, we have decided to keep these 'fact or fiction' threads, as they are a handy way to discuss the team during the offseason in a light-hearted manner. Please <u>make sure</u> they stay on topic though, any off topic posts will be deleted immediately. In other words, if you don't want to talk about the team in question, don't post. Thanks and happy discussing!

Regards,
    Supersonic
    JBB Moderator.

13. Einitials

Einitials JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Cain:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction. He's still a kid. Only 17/18. He has a lot of time left, no stress. He has barealy any experience now but I think he'll be a star in 5-10 years.

F/F After the first Magic - Houston game T-mac will say something along these lines : "They were good. Defense has improved...I'm impressed."</div>

Fact: Tmac will have the courtesy to compliment his former team even if he doesn't mean it.

F/F Tmac will score 50 on the magic during one of their games in the preseason/offseason.

14. TimFlem

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Einitials:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact: Tmac will have the courtesy to compliment his former team even if he doesn't mean it.

F/F Tmac will score 50 on the magic during one of their games in the preseason/offseason.</div>
    Fiction-
    Tracy won't be able to put up those kind of numbers unless Yao has fouled out early. He will share the ball with YAo alot and unless Yao fouls out early there's no way he'll do this IMO.

F/F
    Grant Hill is overrated with his final(so to speak)comeback

15. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Fact Grant Hill should retire until he permanently injures himself........ His comeback is overated

F/F Steve Francis will become the premeire point in the East over the next three years

16. DirtySouth

DirtySouth JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting trenchteam:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact Grant Hill should retire until he permanently injures himself........ His comeback is overated

F/F Steve Francis will become the premeire point in the East over the next three years</div>

Fact I think the magic's system will let him do that.

F/F dwight will be a starter at the rookie allstar game.

17. Chef

Chef JBB JustBBall Member

Fact. (And probably will be the MVP of the game;) )

F/F Mobley will lead the team in ppg this year.

18. bbwTwinTowers

bbwTwinTowers BBW Member

Fiction: it will be Francis beause he is there number 1 option

F/F:The magic will get out of the first round.

19. KBC

KBC JBB JustBBall Member

Fact: I don't see New Orleans or Boston putting up as much as a fight this time around and the Magic will get out of the first round.

F/F: The Magic will finish at/better than a .600 record.

20. TimFlem

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting '[KBC:</div><div class="quote_post">']Fact: I don't see New Orleans or Boston putting up as much as a fight this time around and the Magic will get out of the first round.

F/F: The Magic will finish at/better than a .600 record.</div>
    Fact but barely IMO. We're a good and team and have the potential and youth to be great. We lack chemistry right now and in a year or two we should look more like a great team seeing what we do during those off seasons. It really could go either way IMO.

F/F
    Francis can/will lead this team