Magic Fact or Fiction

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by bbwTwinTowers, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Riot

Riot JBB JustBBall Member

Fact. I think I'll record will definitely go up from last year. Just look at the changes we've made this off-season:
    -The signing of SVG over Brian Hill. (Big improvement there)
    -Signing Rashard, an all-star who's in his prime to take pressure off Dwight.
    -Our young core of Dwight, Jameer, Ariza, and Redick gets even better with another year under their belts and some playoff experience.
    -We also signed Patrick Ewing as an assistant coach who will be sure to help develop Dwight.

And yeah we lost Darko, our underutilized, bench warming PF, and it would have been nice to have him on the team playing alongside Dwight for the future. But when we're talking difference in wins from last year to this upcoming year, I don't think Darko leaving will make that much of a difference.

The East has gotten stronger too, but it's still the East and we should be able to make some noise throughout the season. I don't see us breaking the 50 win mark but somewhere in the mid to late 40's sounds reasonable.

Fact or Fiction: The Magic will have two players make the All-Star team this year.

2. Sergio

Sergio JBB JustBBall Member

Fact: If Lewis keeps playing like he did last year and gets along with Dwight on the court...than i see them both at the All-stars weekend...

Fact or Fiction: Magic will have 2 players averaging 20+ pts.

3. The Walrus

The Walrus JBB JustBBall Member

My mind said Fiction at first.
    But then when i think more about, I say fact.

Lewis will get 20 plus if he's healthy. And I didnt think
    Dwight could get 20ppg at first but having a questionable hole at SG where Grant Hill once filled getting like 15ppg. Dwights gonna make up for those points. Plus rumor has it, he's workin on his offensive game, so yeah I'll fo Fact on that one.

4. The Walrus

Fact Or Fiction.

Stan Van Gundy will be Head Coach of the Orlando Magic in the 2008-2009 season.

5. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

Fact. I think he'll do a good job and we'll keep him around. If our management can put up with Brian Hill for more than one season, dealing with SVG for multiple years will be a walk in the park. The only other reason I could see not being here were if he quit or pulls the same thing he did with the Heat when he said he needed time with his family and stuff. I don't see that happening though because I think Riley pressured him into making that decision and the odds of it happening here are slim, especially when our best chance to win will be one or two years away.

Fact or Fiction, the Magic will make the second round of the playoffs this year.

6. TheHighness

TheHighness JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Swish Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Fact. I think he'll do a good job and we'll keep him around. If our management can put up with Brian Hill for more than one season, dealing with SVG for multiple years will be a walk in the park. The only other reason I could see not being here were if he quit or pulls the same thing he did with the Heat when he said he needed time with his family and stuff. I don't see that happening though because I think Riley pressured him into making that decision and the odds of it happening here are slim, especially when our best chance to win will be one or two years away.

Fact or Fiction, the Magic will make the second round of the playoffs this year.</div>

Fact I expect them to be a 4-6 seed this year so getting past the first really shouldn't be too hard I think Dwight Jameer Lewis are going to prove how valuable they are to the Magic Esspecially Lewis with that fat paycheck.

Fact or Fiction, Dwight is going to have a midrange jumper this year?

7. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">TheHighness Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Fact I expect them to be a 4-6 seed this year so getting past the first really shouldn't be too hard I think Dwight Jameer Lewis are going to prove how valuable they are to the Magic Esspecially Lewis with that fat paycheck.

Fact or Fiction, Dwight is going to have a midrange jumper this year?</div>

I think so. Let's see what Patrick Ewing does.

Fact or Fiction, the Magic will do worse losing Darko?

8. The Walrus

Fiction. I think we'll miss his presence in the middle. And we may regret losing him if he becomes a star.

But i dont think his leaving will cause our overall record to drop ten games or something.

9. Riot

^You gotta follow up with your own Fact or Fiction question. [​IMG]

10. The Walrus

<div class="quote_poster">Riot Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">^You gotta follow up with your own Fact or Fiction question. [​IMG]</div>

my bad. nice avy btw. lol

Fact Or Fiction

Hedo Turkoglu is in an Orlando Magic uniform next year.

11. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

<div class="quote_poster">The Walrus Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">my bad. nice avy btw. lol

Fact Or Fiction

Hedo Turkoglu is in an Orlando Magic uniform next year.</div>

Fact - The trade rumours for him are gone almost and is needed at the SF position

F/F - Lewis and Howard will combine for 40+ppg and 18+rpg?

12. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">Master Shake Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Fact - The trade rumours for him are gone almost and is needed at the SF position

F/F - Lewis and Howard will combine for 40+ppg and 18+rpg?</div>

My God hell yeah I can see that happening. I think Rashard can avg. like 23 with us and Howard around 18-20. Also, Dwight might get around 12-13rpg and Rashard around 7. It's a good possibility.

F/F: The Magic will get Darrell Armstrong this season.

13. Riot

Fiction. I just don't see it happening. That would be awesome if it did, I mean, he'd be great in Orlando, returning to the team where he spent his best years. It's not like he'd be getting only 5mpg like a Bo Outlaw, he'd be better than Arroyo and Dooling in my opinion and could get some legit playing time. All that being said though, I just don't think Otis Smith is interested because we already have Jameer, Arroyo, and Dooling at the PG position.

Fact or Fiction: Marcin Gortat will prove himself to be the best option at the PF position and will start sooner or later in the season.

14. The One & Only

The One & Only JBB The Orlando Tragic

Fact: I feel that Gotrat can pan out to be a very, very serviceable big man. He can run the floor for a 7 footer, has a decent frame to bulk up with, has good lateral quickness, and can block shots. If he can get a post game and a nice little outside shot, he can be the perfect compliment to Dwight.

Fact or Fiction: Fran Vasquez will eventually come to don an Orlando Magic jersey.

15. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">The One & Only Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Fact: I feel that Gotrat can pan out to be a very, very serviceable big man. He can run the floor for a 7 footer, has a decent frame to bulk up with, has good lateral quickness, and can block shots. If he can get a post game and a nice little outside shot, he can be the perfect compliment to Dwight.

Fact or Fiction: Fran Vasquez will eventually come to don an Orlando Magic jersey.</div>

Good analysis on Gortat Ramen. Anyways, to answer your question. FACT. I don't know if it will be this season but next season I can defintiely see us getting him to be a solid backup for us.

F/F: Garrity leaves this team in the next year or two by either getting traded or release.

16. The Walrus

<div class="quote_poster">CLos Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Good analysis on Gortat Ramen. Anyways, to answer your question. FACT. I don't know if it will be this season but next season I can defintiely see us getting him to be a solid backup for us.

F/F: Garrity leaves this team in the next year or two by either getting traded or release.</div>

I'm gonna say Fact on being traded. But False on being released. As much we hate Garrity, he has provided us decent bench numbers in previous seasons. And with our lack of big men at the moment, I dont see why we'd release a 6'10 dude. Even if he sucks. Plus it'd be a waste to release before trying to trade him.

17. The Walrus

Fact Or Fiction

Desmond Mason comes to the Orlando Magic and averages almost 20 ppg like my dream last night. hahaha it was so weird...

18. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">The Walrus Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Fact Or Fiction

Desmond Mason comes to the Orlando Magic and averages almost 20 ppg like my dream last night. hahaha it was so weird...</div>

[​IMG] WOW, umm........definitely Fiction. First off, I don't see him coming to the Magic and 2nd off I don't see him avg. 20ppg with any team.

F/F: James Augustine will be waived and be successful like every other Magic player that has left in our history.

19. The Walrus

<div class="quote_poster">CLos Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG] WOW, umm........definitely Fiction. First off, I don't see him coming to the Magic and 2nd off I don't see him avg. 20ppg with any team.

F/F: James Augustine will be waived and be successful like every other Magic player that has left in our history.</div>

hahah it's far fetch but he was like the perfect fit! Crowd was goin insane with his insane slashin and dunking. Idk i should probably stop goin to sleep with Sportscenter on. [​IMG]

As for your question. Fiction
    We need big dudes, so i dont see us releasing him unless we acquire a big man in a trade. As for adding him to that list of long players that become succesful....Fiction as well. He's a second round draft pick that was only successful at Illinois because of Dee Brown. Good bench player, perhaps but star? or consitent starter? fiction

20. Riot

Re:

Fact or Fiction: Adonal "The Beast" Foyle will lead the Magic in blocks per game.