Magic @ Rose Garden Game Thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KingSpeed, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

What does that have to do with what we're talking about? Seriously... did I say that Roy played badly? No. I said that he should not have taken the last shot. Period. This team is starting to depend on Roy too much down the stretch, and it's concerning. Teams are starting to key on him. He was doubled from halfcourt. It's THAT predictable. Why didn't they go somewhere else? Aldridge? Rudy? Hell, even Outlaw? It was a really bad idea and it's concerning.

2. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

+1 Good point.

I agree, partially. The Blazers basically cleared the court and ran the iso for Roy against two defenders. When in the history of the NBA do you ever isolate someone against two defenders?!! I don't mind that they gave him the ball back after the initial double team, but I felt like they should have allowed enough time for him to pass out of it the second time.

That was a another huge problem tonight, the shot clock was our enemy. As an NBA team how can you be so unaware of the shot clock. Communicate with your teammates!! If you see the clock running down let the man with the ball know it. Unbelievable.

3. Darkwebs

Darkwebs Awakened to emptiness Staff Member Moderator

What a painful loss. We made some too many mental errors in crunch time and it cost us the game.

4. roydezlaw

roydezlaw Member

I know they need alot of work on their defense but they are quick and with playing time will get better. The starters have some real issues with their defense...Joel and Nic are our only 2 good defenders. Oden looks lost till the ball is shot and then he knows to try to block or rebound.

5. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
  6. Rodolfo

Rodolfo Double Stamp>Triple Stamp

We can what if all night long. i'm over it. On to Utah.

7. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Yep, Roy's fault. Nate should have benched him like he did in the Boston game. :sigh:

Now go ahead and keep hypocritically flaming me.

8. Natebishop3

I don't understand why it has to be so cut and dry for you. I say we could have run the last play better. Roy draws the d and then passes off to Aldridge or Rudy. You go to the complete other end of the spectrum and say "oh, I guess we should have benched Roy."

9. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Re-read what you posted and consider the game that player had prior to that play.

10. Kulas

Kulas NBA Fan

toughh loss tonight. tomorrow is a new day! - bb

11. hasoos

hasoos Well-Known Member

Nice screw job by the refs is all I gotta say. Howard doesn't committ his 1st foul until the 4th quarter when he was setting illegal picks, and putting his arm out just like Greg Oden got called for earlier, and never gets called. Complete bullshit.

12. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

You can't be serious. You're blaming this loss on the refs, when we had an 8 point lead with 2 minutes left and let it go to waste after Turkoglu hits a freaking bank shot three pointer?! THE REFS?

13. Rodolfo

Rodolfo Double Stamp>Triple Stamp

They could have run the last play better but it's nothing to be "concerned" about imo. Nate knows what he's doing.

14. Natebishop3

And you don't notice the trend of Roy trying to do too much at the end of games? If teams know he's going to take the shot, and they know we iso him at the top of the key, do you not see a problem? They doubled him from half-court. Roy is an amazing scorer, but why try to force a tough shot when we have so many other options on the floor? I'm asking you legit questions and you're giving me sensationalistic answers.

15. whatsmyname

whatsmyname Member

what goes around comes around right? We've had our share of 1 pt victories. Look at the bright side, lakers lost to kings =)

16. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

So I went back to replay it...here's what happened...

Sergio/Roy/Rudy/LMA/Travis get us to an 8 pt lead with 1:57 left. Then Nelson hits a three. Blazer possession, Travis launches a top-of-the-key 3 with a lot of time left on the clock, missing by a ton. They have a defensive stop, then Blake shoots a 3 and bricks it. They get a stop, then they call two timeouts after Blake can't get it inbounds with 57 seconds left. Then Blake tries his Jordan dribble one-on-two impression, loses it, and then ORL hits a three after a Magic player gets in between 3 Blazers for an offensive rebound. Then, since there's only one ballhandler besides Roy on the floor, the Magic intelligently play the "Stephen Curry" Defense on Roy, which forces him to take an off-balance 3 as 24-second clock runs out with 5 seconds left. That's enough time for Hedo Turkoglu to bank in a top-of-the-key three over Travis (with 0.3 to spare). Guh.

I know you can't play 20-20 hindsight...but Sergio and Batum (or Przy) instead of Blake and Outlaw, and we win.

17. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

have you read your own signature????

18. Natebishop3

Thank you for dodging my question again. You're right, look at my signature. The ENTIRE LEAGUE knows about Brandon fucking Roy. He's not a secret. Guess what happened? They doubled him. Brandon played brilliantly up until then, but I'm saying he should have given up the ball. You're making me harp on this because you're saying I'm wrong. I'm giving you my reasons and you're giving me no worthwhile rebuttals.

19. bodyman5001

bodyman5001 Genius

auto collision technician
    If this description is accurate, which I believe it probably is, then this one goes on one guy. He isn't a player.

20. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

You really are intent on ruining this thread aren't you? Learn to let stuff go.

You still haven't answered his question about those missed free throws either. The team/coach may be to blame for running some really iso plays down the stretch but Roy is to blame for the missed free throws.

BUT, I agree that if we had won Roy would be a hero to everyone right now.