Magic @ Rose Garden Game Thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KingSpeed, Dec 9, 2008.

1. roydezlaw

roydezlaw Member

Well...he could have made some more free throws and not let the shot clock expire a couple of times.

2. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

You dwell on Roy tonight in a one-point loss off a banked three to a now 16-5 team in a game Roy went 30/9/5 in. I think that criticism is off target from a man with your credentials... Oh well...

3. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    I thought he pretty much sucked all night, although he scored some personal stats for his legacy.

His defense was lame and halfhearted, and he continually shut out his teammates.

I think a teammate needs to take him down a notch or 2.

4. roydezlaw

roydezlaw Member

LaMarcus played inspired tonight. I saw him actually fight for a couple rebounds rather than run from them.

5. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

I'm with you, Bodyman. The funny thing is: Blake replaced Sergio with (iirc) about 4 minutes left after Sergio had played most of the 3rd and all of the 4th. I didn't like that Blake was coming in cold, but I figured Sergio was tired. Then Sergio came back in with 2 1/2 min left, and I was happy again. then Blake came in with 1:30...and it just got worse. I don't get it.

6. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

lol

7. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Yup, this is me dwelling on Roy. Look at me dwelling on Roy. You are the one who is forcing me to dwell on Roy. You're trolling hardcore. I'm done talking to you.

8. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    In the end, the coach is ALWAYS to blame.

9. MAS RipCity

MAS RipCity Mercy, Mercy

Agree 100%
    Yes, Roy struggled at the line and we didnt execute the last 2 times down the floor, but the refs were garbage, no doubt about it.

This win is PURE LUCK for Orlando. I'm sorry but when you hit 14 3's at over 50%, when a bunch of them were contested or off balance, I call Lucky Charms.
    Since when does Jameer Nelson hit 25 ft'ers with hands in his face, and don't even get me started on Lewis' 30 ft heave off the jump ball...so much bullshit went against us, it was amazing we still should have won.

Thanks schedule makers, instead of a cupcake to feast on next game, we're back on the road in Utah of all places, fuck, the schedule is getting tougher.

10. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

Are people really blaming this one on the refs? REALLY?

11. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Nope.

12. MAS RipCity

MAS RipCity Mercy, Mercy

I'm blaming i as one of those flukey games, you are just not destined to win. Orlando hit way too many bs shots for me to not believe otherwise.

13. alex42083

alex42083 Thanks Brandon

Writing about sports
    No doubt... we may be at home, but damn, there are no gimmes on this homestand except maybe the Clips but that's on a back to back after playing Utah.

14. ucatchtrout

ucatchtrout Well-Known Member

Not blaming the refs but there was some questionable stuff they did. However it was totally our fault the game was even that close at the end.

I had a bad feeling about this game.

From the git-go.

And I didn't like the calls the refs made in the first few minutes against Greg. Sheesh, let the guy play will you?

The bad feeling got worse during a timeout when Blaze was running around with his mind reading device, pointing it people and the big screen was showing what they were thinking about. He pointed at a ref and the big screen showed the Blazer dancers strutting their stuff, and he didn't even crack a smile.

At the end the I didn't like the calls either. After Brandon threw up his Hail Mary from the corner there was 4.3 seconds left on the clock. The refs called timeout and put .7 back on the clock for Orlando. Just enough time for them to beat us with. After Turkoglu threw down his three pointer there was .3 left. They took that away from us and called the game over.

Having said all that, the fact is we were up by 8 with about two minutes left and should have won. That we were even in a situation to maybe lose the game by a refs call, was our own doing. That we burned 24 seconds at the end and couldn't get a decent shot up was our own doing.

I didn't like the refs tonight.

And I didn't like the way we played.

Hopefully we learned something.

15. audienorris

audienorris Member

everyone is talking about the last 2 minutes and what went wrong. but i dont think its been mentioned that the reason orlando kept raining threes on us was nate had em in a zone for way too many possessions. sure we kept dwight in check but.... if we would have stayed home on the shooters, we got enough fouls to use between joel, greg and channing to just let dwight have his touches and let him earn it at the line rather than constantly let a team thats making more than half of their threes shoot all day. sure a lot of those shots were contested but if we would have stayed home on the shooters they wouldnt have got most of those shots.

16. alex42083

alex42083 Thanks Brandon

Writing about sports
    What is Antonio Harvey talking about when he says that Rudy doesn't know how to close out games? He single-handedly won us that Miami road game on ESPN, and he's always on the court at the end of games... stupid.

17. bodyman5001

bodyman5001 Genius

auto collision technician
    I still haven't seen one person post one instance where everyone was talking about how Nate made some genius move....not just to win a game but anything really. 108-100 should equal a win, with any NBA team.

18. mgb

mgb Over-Nite Sensation

The last play it looked like everyone else was afraid to take the shot and Roy had to force one up. When he's being doubled someone else has to step up and take the shot. Oh, well, we were bound to lose a close one sooner or later. That was a lucky bank shot though but that happens.

19. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

-Oregonlive

20. yenniedn

yenniedn Transplanted Blazer Fan

Enterprise Software Sales
    Ummm, Roy, when he was given the ball back at that point . . . HAD to take the shot because the 24 second clock was going to run out . . . and it did, otherwise, the LMA follow-up would've counted. Point is, he had no choice but to chuck that shot from the corner.