Magic @ Rose Garden Game Thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KingSpeed, Dec 9, 2008.

1. alex42083

alex42083 Thanks Brandon

Writing about sports
    Interesting the game recaps from Freeman and especially Quick about how it was Travis who messed up on that last offensive play, and how our offense got confused and Travis should have cut to the middle for the ball.

But we read their defense wrong, and Orlando had different players coming at Roy down the stretch. There's just so many of those little things that we don't see as fans. Oh well.

Frankly, we just got outsmarted down the stretch and the Magic outcoached us.

2. fumanchu

fumanchu Active Member

A game like this you just forget about and move on. They played hard, did a lot of good things, should have won, but in the end it was just a case of bad luck.

Miracles tend to even out. Brandon's 3 bomb against Houston was ours, this time it was someone else's turn to get one on us.

3. MAS RipCity

MAS RipCity Mercy, Mercy

At first, I thought this was the case, but man, they had many more miracle shots than that one tonight.

4. yenniedn

yenniedn Transplanted Blazer Fan

Enterprise Software Sales
    How can you say that as a fan of a team that lives and dies by the 3 also? Orlando was beating us at our own game tonight behind the arc - so I don't know that I wanna say they deserve to win, but they did anyways.

5. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Hours later and I still feel horrible. We got a taste of our own medicine. Sacramento, Toronto, Houston, and San Antonio all lost close games to us. I suppose it's time we lost one. Plus, we shot 14 of 26 threes in a game this season. I think it was in Sacramento. So like I said.. we got a taste of our own medicine. And the Lakers got KILLED by the Kings team that both the Blazers and Nuggets whupped IN Sacramento. Ugh. Whatever. What are the excuses for Oden tonight? Were his per48 stats amazing?

6. Blue Magic

Blue Magic New Member

Um, sore loser much? You obviously dont watch Magic Basketball if you think all those 3's were luck. The 3 tree ball is pretty much what we do, just ask any Raptors fans bra... I'll give you the Hedo one, that was luck, but not everything else. Plus you guys did that same shit to Houston, and Memphis did it to us earlier too. It happens... And lol @ the Jameer comment. He was J'n all over Baron Davis last night too man and has been doin it all year. Just get over it.... The game was tight throughout and we just made the shots when it mattered. Teach BRoy how too pass out of a double-team and maybe you guys win this one. ;)

Wtf, we we're up one going into the 4th bro.... I coulld say the same thing about all of Roy and Aldridge shots, and the Fernandez pass, but ill give props where props are due. Plain & simple, we just maid more shots than you. You guys wanted to play zone to contain Dwight so we beat you from the perimeter. It's basically pick your poisin.

Once again, give it a break. This is the NBA and we're talking about two top 5 teams. Not every shot the opponent makes is just 'luck'(albeit the Hedo GW was). But it's Crunch time, Lunch time baby. We did the same shit to Houston too. We've been clutch this year just like ya'll but somethin had to give....

7. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Amazing. Just realized- Orlando has won 17 of their last 20 games. Props to them. And to us. We were one of the three losses.

8. Iwatas

Iwatas Blazers Fan

Another error: Rudy had a wide-open mid-range jumper, but he was clearly under instructions to move the ball and keep running out the clock. In hindsight I am sure Rudy would have taken that shot. With a little more experience, he won't make a mistake like that.

iWatas

9. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

I have not been so sick over a Blazers game since June 2000 in Los Angeles.

Six points off turnovers in 29 seconds? How does this happen?

It's not a matter of blame. Blake lost the ball; how often does that happen? Who could have foreseen? And none of this would have mattered had the Magic not been running essentially a layup line the first quarter, or had Roy not missed six free throws. It's a team game. No scapegoats, just stunned.

I awakened at least 10 times last night with flashbacks of the final seconds. I feel suicidal, homicidal, sleep deprived, non functional and in shock. And the only one to comfort me is my cat - Orlando.

It's hard to say "dear sweet Orlando" to my cat right now. (even though he is)