Make a Prediction: Bledsoe vs TPE

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by wizenheimer, Apr 30, 2022.

?

What is more likely to be used

1. A) Bledsoe's Expiring Contract

18.0%
  2. B) The 21M TPE

34.0%
  3. C) Both

24.0%
  4. D) Neither

24.0%
  1. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

start with RoCo not being worth two 1st's. Only an idiot GM would pay that price

TBpup likes this.
  2. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Although I don't recall a lot of posters on this board having a problem with it at the time either. Hopefully we all learned a lesson on that one.

3. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Definitely.

4. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

I was wrong, but I wasn't being paid 8M a year for my opinion....if you read closely, I said "idiot GM", not idiot fan

e_blazer likes this.
  5. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I liked the acquisition and thought it was an overpay and I don't think I was alone in that. I think there were so many of us that hated Olshey by that point that anything outside him actually taking a swing was viewed as treading water. I still like RoCo as a player and the Clippers got him and his bird rights at an amazing price. I did throw a fucking tantrum when the Rockets acquired Christian Wood in a sign and trade for one of the first rounders and Ariza, saying that if Houston could offer him a starting role on a team that would probably lose the most games in the league we definitely could have gotten Wood by offering him the starting role on a team bound for the playoffs... a lot of people argued with that and asked how Olshey could have possibly known, I said it was his job to have explored all options... it was a whole thing. The point is I think a lot of us were excited with RoCo as a player addition but thought Olshey was a fucking idiot for making that acquisition giving up a player who had just been a serviceable starter and two firsts for a slight upgrade. I think it was widely considered a very Olshey move but with a higher price tag than usual.

6. HoopsFanAZ

HoopsFanAZ Well-Known Member

I don’t recall. The ability of teams to treat players as combined vs. individual and different from how the other team does … thanks for pulling the emergency break on that one. :confused: At the worst EBEC is a good sized TPE any team (or reduction in team salary in a season). As a “small” go-away contract for this season, it works for the Blazers.

7. blazerfan11

blazerfan11 Well-Known Member

Maybe everyone was just resigned to the fact that Olshey would never trade CJ and at least he was doing something.
    I don't know what he could have gotten for CJ and the two first-round picks but if it would have been something like Josh Hart and Jerami Grant a lot of people would have preferred that.

wizenheimer likes this.