Man gets 30 days for rape of 14 year-old

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by bluefrog, Aug 28, 2013.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

That was a rather weird post by Sinobas.

2. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

No, that's one extreme, the other extreme is to say if you have sex with someone who is 17 years 364 days old, it's rape, but the next day, it's consensual sex. You can't say that is rational.

Many people seem to have lost the ability to think rationally on this topic.

If a "blue lagoon" scenario happened, do you really think the two teens would wait around till their 18th birthday's to have sex? There is no magical metamorphisis that takes place on that date.

3. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Well, they were similar in age (albeit, cousins) and not in a position of teacher and student.

Now granted, the ACTOR who played the male character was like 18 or 19 (depending on the filming), but that's not a true "Blue Lagoon" scenario.

4. Sinobas

I just don't think there is a crime unless someone was truly victimized. Now honestly answer, how many of you guys in here would not have banged a 30 year old women when you were 16? Yet female teachers go to prison for having sex with their students. It's a weird relationship, but the teenage boy is not necessarily being victimized, he probably loves it. So fire the teacher, sure, but I think it's ridiculous to send her off to prison for it.

5. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Really? You couldn't wait one day?

6. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

That's not what your were saying, though. I can put up with a lot of things, but perverts aren't one of them. I trust you don't have daughters...

7. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

As I read it, he will wait until ond day after puberty. The other "extreme" he mentions is a legal issue, IMO, and not a moral issue. Adults hitting on 13 year-old girls is certifiably disgusting.

49 year-old teachers screwing their 14 year-old students is wrong on every level, IMO, and defending it tells me all I need to know about people.

8. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
  9. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

It is not uncommon in the hispanic culture for a 16 yr old girl to have a 22 yr old boyfriend (give or take). Both families consent to the relationship, they are in a serious committed relationship and engaged to get married . . . and they engage in sexual activity. The 22 yr old is a normal upstanding person in Mexico, he crosses the border (say legally to avoid derailment here) and he is a rapist in this country.

Is being a pedophile/rapist something that people are born with or is it defined by laws of the country?

10. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    A pedophile doesn't have to be a rapist.

11. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

Hundreds of years ago it was normal. If everyone waited until they were 18 to fuck the human race would have been extinct.

hoop fam

12. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

Lot more female teachers in America than Priests.

13. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

You're all pedophiles, except PapaG (it's not a knock - I know he has two young children and seems upstanding enough on that level to know he's not).

With two young kids, everyone is a pedophiles, in my book, until proven otherwise. That's how I roll in this fucked up world.

14. Sinobas

You're totally wrong. We're talking about a line that is drawn at 18, several years after puberty.

There is no "day after puberty". Girls don't magically turn into sexual adults over-night.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  15. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Most people would say an adult and a 5 year old is criminally wrong. Few people would say the same for an 18 year old and her 17 year old boyfriend.

Oregon's measure 11 has sent hundreds of young men and women to prison for mandatory lengthy sentences and destroyed their lives forever with the "dangerous sex-offender" registration cottage industry simply because they are 4 years older than their future spouse. Each sentence costs Oregon taxpayers over $1 million, not counting the cost of lifetime tracking and eventual re-incarceration due to being unable to find work as a publicly labelled pervert.

Meanwhile, a middle-aged teacher does no time at all for an admitted rape of his 14 year-old student, and then only does 1 month after violating his plea agreement.

16. BLAZER PROPHET

BLAZER PROPHET Well-Known Member

dental malpractice claims adjuster
    You are one sick bastard.

17. Sinobas

If some government took over and made the age of consent 25, a lot of brain dead people would be calling others "sick" and "pedophiles" for questioning whether or not it was ok to have sex with a 24 year old. So few people really think for themselves, they just go along with whatever they think is the society norm.

Members of our species have always, and continue to be very sexually active before the age of 18, so making that carte blanche illegal is ridiculous.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  18. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...0-day-sentence-to-teacher-in-rape-of-student/

Baugh told the newspaper Tuesday that he stood by his comments that the victim was a troubled youth who was older than her age when it came to sexual matters. That didn't make Rambold's sex with the teen any less of a crime, he said.

"Obviously, a 14-year-old can't consent. I think that people have in mind that this was some violent, forcible, horrible rape," Baugh told the paper. "It was horrible enough as it is just given her age, but it wasn't this forcible beat-up rape."

The victim's death complicated the case, Baugh said. The prosecution and defense reached an agreement after her death that Rambold would enter sexual-offender treatment.

If the former teacher completed treatment and complied with other conditions, the case would have been closed.

Rambold was terminated from the program in November when it was learned that he had been having unsupervised visits with minors, who were family members, and did not inform counselors that he had been having sexual relations with a woman.

"I think what people are seeing is a sentence for rape of 30 days. Obviously on the face of it, if you look at it that way, it's crazy," Baugh said. "No wonder people are upset. I'd be upset, too, if that happened."

19. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Hopefully the sentence gets reviewed and there is an opportunity to have another trial

20. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    Seems to me if you are sentenced to 3 years of any program, and get kicked out, the result should be at least as long as the program, so 3 years in Jail would be a slap on the wrist in my mind, 30 days is basically an offer to grease up his cock with My Little Pony Lube. Shameful and he should be disbarred.

Sinobas
    Hopefully you brought up your stance because you just thought it was an interesting thing to argue over. If you however are attracted to kids, you are sick, go see a psychiatrist before you act on these perversions.