Mark, set, go!

Discussion in 'AFC South' started by kcgsc, Jul 11, 2004.

1. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

This will be the first time since Jacksonvilles inception that they will begin a season without Mark Brunell penciled in as the starter. Will Leftwich be able to take them up a level where they can compete with the Mannings and McNairs in that division? Or will they miss Brunell's veteran leadership? Can Houston pass them by this year with a draft that focused on solidifying their defense?

2. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I think Leftwich may be the real deal, but I do think he will struggle for a few years before he hits his stride. I can remember when people were wondering when Brett Favre was going to quit throwing more interceptions than tds.

3. nflfan04

nflfan04 Dazed and Confused

i think he will be a good player, not great, but better than me(of course) it may take him 3 or 4 seasons though

4. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

I loved leftwich coming out of college and really think he could do some damage this season. The colts defense is ok and the titans took some losses this season so who knows at this point where they'll be at and as for the texans they drafted defense but it may not pay off till next season some time. That gives him 6 games right there against avg defenses and with the Jags possibly having the best defense in their division this season should they improve upon last year, as most think they will, could give leftwich plenty of chances to score. I don't think they can win their division but will be competitive in every game.

Fantasy wise I would not be upset with him as a number two. Not to mention having a supposedly healthy Jimmy Smith is always a plus to go along with Fred Taylor and Reggie williams could have a fine year across from Smith.

5. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

Leftwich is a tough kid but i dont know if all the weapons are going to break thru for them

6. nflfan04

i agree... but i do think thaty if you give him 2 or 3 years.., hell do pretty good

7. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

He still needs a few years to get used to the nfl and i think Texans will be 8-8

8. nflfan04

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MysteryMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>He still needs a few years to get used to the nfl and i think Texans will be 8-8</div>
    where do the texans come into this... do you mean jaguars?

9. Bleedblk&gld

Bleedblk&gld The Drive

Jax is one of my suprise teams, cause of Leftwich.

10. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kcgsc)</div><div class='quotemain'>Can Houston pass them by this year with a draft that focused on solidifying their defense?</div>

thts where it came from.