Marlins trade Castillo to Twins for two pitchers

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Rex Grossman 8, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

The Florida Marlins have traded Luis Castillo to the Minnesota Twins for pitchers Travis Bowyer and Scott Tyler, ESPN's Peter Gammons reported Friday.The 24-year-old Bowyer, who appeared in eight games in September for Minnesota, could become Florida's closer. Castillo hit .301 with 10 stolen bases, 30 RBI and four home runs in 122 with the 2005 Marlins. He follows Carlos Delgado and Josh Beckett, who have been shipped out in the Marlins' fire sale. The team has received permission from Major League Baseball to begin looking for another home because it has been unable to reach a deal for a new stadium in South Florida.http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2245065

2. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

WHOAMFG, The Twins traded 2 young players for an older one, yet established one, they must be buying a championship. [​IMG] </shot at mets hater's>Good move by the Twins, stupid move by the Marlins (just like always).

3. ortiz34

ortiz34 BBW Member

Well, I think that they are rebuilding. [​IMG]

4. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Rebuilding for what? So they can tear their team apart in another 4 years?

5. BigMike23

BigMike23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ven0m @ Dec 2 2005, 02:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>WHOAMFG, The Twins traded 2 young players for an older one, yet established one, they must be buying a championship. [​IMG] </shot at mets hater's>Good move by the Twins, stupid move by the Marlins (just like always).</div> Yeah I dont see why they traded way their good players, oh well they be gone soon, anyways thats great no more damn dirt in Dolphins Stadium!

6. ortiz34

ortiz34 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ven0m @ Dec 2 2005, 03:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Rebuilding for what? So they can tear their team apart in another 4 years?</div> Haha, so true. What's wrong with them? I don't understand why they're doing this? They had a great team...they barely missted the playoffs.

7. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

THIS MOVE MAKES ME HAPPY [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] .