Maroney knocks his former coach

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by bakes781, Oct 26, 2006.

1. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/766975.html

With the Pats headed to the rookies former stomping ground at the Metrodome Lawrence had some choice words for his former college coach Mason. Suggesting he doesn't know how to evaluate talent & that he's basically too stubborn to change his philosophy. When asked about how loud the Metrodome can get he laughed & said he wouldn't know because they never got that loud for the Gophers.

2. Phinsuck

Phinsuck nfl-*****s member

Those are pretty harsh words. I guess he likes to call it like he sees it though. I can't help but admire that and I wish more people were that way.

3. cubuffsman78

cubuffsman78 nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'>Those are pretty harsh words. I guess he likes to call it like he sees it though. I can't help but admire that and I wish more people were that way.</div>
    Why do I get the feeling that if Maroney played for the Jets and said that then you wouldn't feel that way at all?

4. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cubuffsman78)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'>Those are pretty harsh words. I guess he likes to call it like he sees it though. I can't help but admire that and I wish more people were that way.</div>
    Why do I get the feeling that if Maroney played for the Jets and said that then you wouldn't feel that way at all?</div>
    The Jets???:/

5. cubuffsman78

cubuffsman78 nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cubuffsman78)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'>Those are pretty harsh words. I guess he likes to call it like he sees it though. I can't help but admire that and I wish more people were that way.</div>
    Why do I get the feeling that if Maroney played for the Jets and said that then you wouldn't feel that way at all?</div>
    The Jets???:/</div>
    Lol...ok or the Dolphins...

6. Phinsuck

Phinsuck nfl-*****s member

I think people should always call things the way they see them. For example, don't kiss someone's ass if they don't deserve it even if everyone else is kissing their ass. If something looks and smells like shit, it is shit. Don't try to describe it as air freshener or roses.

Another example is the Pats vs. Broncos rivalry now that I have seen the light. I used to think that the Pats were better no matter what but the fact is that they aren't. While I will say that the Pats are better than most teams in the NFL, Denver clearly has their number. Also, I am proud of the Dolphins fans here for keeping it real and realizing that something is wrong with their team instead of acting like I did when I tried to make excuses for my team.

7. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

Hey, he's right. Mason is stubborn and right now he should be fired for what he is doing to the program. The support for the gophers is horrible, but that's because they are horrible.

8. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'>Also, I am proud of the Dolphins fans here for keeping it real and realizing that something is wrong with their team instead of acting like I did when I tried to make excuses for my team.</div>
    Sholy hit, A compliment.

9. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey, he's right. Mason is stubborn and right now he should be fired for what he is doing to the program. The support for the gophers is horrible, but that's because they are horrible.</div>
    A few years ago, it did seem like the Gophers were on the cusp of greatness but drifted back into mediocrity.

Imagine being a fan and graduate of the Univ of Utah. The magical season of 2004 was just that and probably won't happen again. Towards the end of last season, I predicted Urban's successor, who had been the D Co-ord for some time, would guide the Utes back into mediocrity by 2008. Well, he has overachieved. The Utes will be lucky to win 6 this year.

For the record, I am more more frustrated with the Utes than I am w/ the phins. Saban IMO has a plan & a clue.

10. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

i wish maroney was on the Jets lol but Leon Washington has done pretty well for now

11. ranman

ranman nfl-*****s member

A 10-9 win vs. ND State at home should equal a firing after that game. He also has no big 10 wins, and will be lucky to beat Indiana. Mason has run this program into the ground, and the only reason they went to so many 3rd rate bowls in a row is because of 3 players. Those players are Greg Eslinger, Marion Barber, and Lawrence Maroney.