Martell Webster

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE, Aug 3, 2006.

1. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

I don't know a lot about this kid. I've read up on his style of game but I haven't seen him play that much. The one time I did see him he scored his season high 24 points against the Celtics. He looks like a Glen Rice in the making. He had decent numbers for an 18 year old high schooler coming into the NBA. He played in 61 games, started 18, and shot .357% from 3-point range. What will his impact be for this season and was Portland happy with him?

2. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

I'll be honest. I only saw the Blazers play once last year, when they played the Raptors. I didnt really get a good look at him, but I guess he is a pretty good shooter. I'll try to see more of him next year.

3. Fabolous

Fabolous BBW Elite Member

hes a less atheletic version of Gerald green and a better shooter.

4. Road Blocker

Road Blocker One and Done

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fabolous @ Aug 3 2006, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>hes a less atheletic version of Gerald green and a better shooter.</div>Not Really...He's tall and strong, and an underated athlete. However, he doesn't use this much except defensively. At this point in his development, he is purely a spot up shooter, and many Blazers fans believe that this is to McMillan's wishes. He needs to develop an ability to create for himself, as he will be a dealy shooter, and could be a deadly overall scorer. He does have a good feel for the game, and I completely expect him to fulfill his potential. Also, Martell is already one of the leaders on the young Blazers team, he, Zach and Pryzbilla have been the ones to step up to that role either last year (Pryz, Martell) or this Summer (ZBo, Martell).

5. Road Blocker

Road Blocker One and Done

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE @ Aug 3 2006, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't know a lot about this kid. I've read up on his style of game but I haven't seen him play that much. The one time I did see him he scored his season high 24 points against the Celtics. He looks like a Glen Rice in the making. He had decent numbers for an 18 year old high schooler coming into the NBA. He played in 61 games, started 18, and shot .357% from 3-point range. What will his impact be for this season and was Portland happy with him?</div>I guess I will actually repond to your question. He will be thrown into the starting role again this season, at some point. He will be expected to put up decent numbers, but he won't have to be a star. Portland seems to have no problem with patience (see Travis Outlaw). I expect Martell to have a pretty good year.

6. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

he has potential to be a future all-star in a couple years. so i do see him startin for them to develop him. hes a shooter but needs to get better defensively and needs to add a bit more pounds